Part two: Quick shifter. This is an easy one. The business end

I use reverse shift pattern, so this is a "pull" sensor. The shift rod that it comes with is exactly the right length as long as it is screwed 1/4" into the ball joint at the shift shaft before starting to screw it into the other end - this way it bottoms the threads on both ends at the exact moment where the shifter gets to my preferred height - works for me. A minor nuisance is that when mounted like this, the switch was rubbing the return spring for the sidestand. I fixed that with a washer underneath the pivot for the gearchange lever to space it outward a couple millimeters; it has come up in internet discussions about this type of installation but it was dead simple to fix.

In the photo where the Power Commander is mounted, it's already plugged in, and it comes with a little CD-ROM that you run while the Power Commander is powered up, to enable the shifter. Haven't test ridden it yet, though ...

The other electronic gizmo to address "streetability" is this.

and it's plugged in here.

Purpose is so that I can have a correct speedometer with the much shorter gearing that's to be installed at a later date.