!!!Brake Bleed Problem!!!

Thread: !!!Brake Bleed Problem!!!

!!!Brake Bleed Problem!!!

HELP!!..I tried to bleed my brakes, the brake fluid cleaned out and the brake fluid was sucked from both the front and rear, but now, both my brakes are messed up!!

When I push the levers, its equivalent to not having any brakes, there is no pressure, what did I do wrong or what else do I need to do, there are no bubbles in the line, and the reservoir is full
    Last edited by Ericy05; 11-17-2010 at 02:17 AM.

Re: !!!Brake Bleed Problem!!!

There has to be air in the line if you got no brake pressure. How did you bleed them? Did you remove all fluid to begin with? But either way, sounds like you'll need to re-bleed them from scratch.
    '08 ZX6R

if there isnt any air in the lines, you should have brakes. Since there is air, you have no brakes.

rebleed untill all the air is out.

I appologize if this seems basic, but I do not know your level of experience.

When bleeding brakes, particularly after replacing the fluid, it is extremely important to keep the master cylinder full. Allowing it to run low enough to draw in air can ruin an hour of work. It is much easier with 2 people. Sometimes, despite much lever pumping, I just cannot get the fluid to flow to the slave cylinder. When this happens, I sometimes just leave the bleed screws open and do something else, letting gravity do the work. More often, I get out my vacuum bleeder, which hooks up to my air compressor and sucks the fluid through the lines via the bleed screw. I double check with a bit of manual bleeding. I don't allow the fluid level to get below the lower level in the sight glass. This can be difficult. It is also important follow the proper procedure.

Once you have fluid at the bleed screw, attach a clear line to the bleed screw. Leave the bleed screw closed. Pump the brake until you feel resistance, and hold pressure on it. Open the bleed screw untill fluid comes out, while pushing the brake lever all the way in, ie to the bar in the case of the front brakes. Watch for air bubbles in the clear line as the fluid comes out. Close the bleed screw when the lever or pedal is pushed all the way and allow the pedal or lever to retorn to normal position. Repeat this until no air comes from the bleed screw, and move on to the next caliper.
    Last edited by PeterTrocewicz; 11-17-2010 at 09:19 AM.

Just an update!! Thanks everyone. Yes I did let all the brake fluid our ad let it fo empty. But after about 100 pumps a with a open n close valve combo, I got pressure back to my front brakes

now, just to figure out how to get fluids back to rear brake reservoir and put pressure back to the rear one. !

I have a suzuki gsxr. So the rear reservoir is very tucked in
    Last edited by Ericy05; 11-17-2010 at 12:44 PM.

hmmm....not sure if this helps, recently I've installed steel brake line. and follow this instruction to get brake fluid back in the system using a syringe and the clear line to force brake fluid back up from the bleed nipple on the caliper.

http://www.bluepoof.com/motorcycles/howto/svs_ss_brake_lines/