Gs500f - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gs500f

Re: Gs500f

Quote Originally Posted by Jeebs24 View Post
    I go well over 300km before I fill the tank. I don't recall the last time I had to go on Reserve, since I normally fill up once I reach 300+km, but I am pretty sure you can hit 350km before you have to hit Reserve.
    Did you ever have the oil light come on and it not be the oil? I don't think I filled the tank fully either I think I have about 18 L in there instead of 20L. I should be able to get to 300km though. I really hope we have some more nice days so I can ride. I only have 49km total on the bike. lol 39km being on the new tank of gas.
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

Quote Originally Posted by rafiki911 View Post
    Did you ever have the oil light come on and it not be the oil? ...
    I've not seen the oil light turn on unless the engine is off.

I had a scary moment a couple of hours ago when I was on the Express on 401 and my engine started to sputter and realized I was running out of fuel! The last times that happened to me I was on normal streets, not going 140kmh. I've never successfully switched the petcock to Reserve while moving either and normally have to pull over. But this time I finally was able to find the petcock while looking ahead and switched it. Phew! Weird thing is I only had 301km. I must not have fully filled the tank on the last fill up.
    2004 Suzuki GS500F

OMG thank God, that must have been scary!!! Ha ha ha ha you just helped me figure out the oil light mystery. It was cause the bike ran out of fuel and shut off that the oil light went off. Cause ya it is always on until you actually start up the bike. Yay. My odometer is up to 97km now, I wonder if I will get up to 300 before I have to store it.
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806