Hello from Mississauga :D

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello from Mississauga :D

Hello from Mississauga :D

Just recently joined the motorcycle community and would like to use this chance to say hi ^^ Hopefully when I get enough confidence then I will meet more and more of you on the road Would definitely love to have my M2 now though so I can ride to work and not to worry about rushing home before dark x.X 5 more days until I am done with the 60 days waiting period to upgrade to M2 but the wait is sigh......
    Last edited by Snowberry; 11-13-2010 at 09:31 AM.

Re: Hello from Mississauga :D

Welcome!!!

Welcome aboard!
    Robert
    '02 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    '91 BMW K1 (sold)

The first point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Welcome aboard.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Welcome

Hey, and welcome to the site!

I know how you feel about that 60 day waiting period. I'm able to upgrade in a couple of days too. Don't worry, it'll come!
    - J!NX -

welcome.....did you purchase a bike? what did you purchase?

O yes, I did purchase a bike recently. It is a Yamaha V star 650 midnight custom. Since I learned on a Yamaha Virago, I just feel more at home when learning with another cruiser type of bike Beside, I love saddlebags and be able to store stuffs needed when exploring ^^

To J!NX: I know right~ has been a month since I have the upgrade document but it is still 4-5 days until my 60 days is up. I sort of just want to get my licence upgrade now to get it out of my head hehe Congrat to your M2 as well ^^
    Last edited by Snowberry; 11-13-2010 at 08:25 PM.

I remember that wait. it was heck. same issue, couldn't ride to work, had to watch the time... congrats!

my co worker is looking for a cruiser style I'll have to recommend the v star, though i think she might have been thinking about a 250. not sure.
    Engine size is compensation for tiny odometers. // You either drag knee in -3 or pose in 20.
    2001 ex500 420+ km on a single tank. Mods: Digital Speedomoter / Corbin Seat / Works Performance Shock / braided brake lines / fake pezzo levers / integrated mirror+turn signals / gps power cord + ram mount / heated grips. / Heat troller for winter gear Fairing repair tutorial

I went to the Humber College Motorcycle course and they were teaching us with 250cc Virago so I was thinking about getting the V star 250 as my starting bike. Everything changes after I test drive the 650, I find that it has more room to grow with me and I think it would be easier to help me learn how to ride highway when the time comes so I chose it Have to say it is intimidating at first as it is considerably bigger than the Virago and as a new rider and a girl, I was so scare that I wouldn't be able to pick it up if I dropped it. However, all my worries are gone after I get more practice on the bike. I really love it ^^

P.S. Was embarrassing to drop the bikie at my own driveway when I ride the bike for the first time though because my parents were looking through the window at the house x.X

What date did you finish the humber course?

That a girl!!! I'm still waiting for my 60 days. I have 30 more to go. lol Welcome
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

They don't do m2 road tests anymore the centre told me.. U will have to rewrite your m1

I did my Humber Course at Hershey Centre at Sep 25,26. Thank you for all the welcomes btw Also I honestly think motorcyclists are nicer than people in cars :P everyone I meet on the road so far either nod or stick their hand out to greet another motorcyclist. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Snowberry View Post
    I did my Humber Course at Hershey Centre at Sep 25,26. Thank you for all the welcomes btw Also I honestly think motorcyclists are nicer than people in cars :P everyone I meet on the road so far either nod or stick their hand out to greet another motorcyclist. ^^
    That is so true with the nods. I love it!!!
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Thank-you =)

Just warms my heart and make me feel like it is a big motorcycle family on the road

Aweeeeeee
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Thank-you =)

Just recently joined the motorcycle community and would like to use this chance to say hi ^^ Hopefully when I get enough confidence then I will meet more and more of you on the road Would definitely love to have my M2 now though so I can ride to work and not to worry about rushing home before dark x.X 5 more days until I am done with the 60 days waiting period to upgrade to M2 but the wait is sigh......
    Welcome brave girl !!!
    you'll be ok after you spend more time on the road like 10000km riding, just don't let people talk you out of riding,
    2002 250 ninja

Can't wait to get more experience and get to know other riders in the area to ride with hehe I think that would be enough reasons to keep me riding.

I just hope the weather is nicer so I can go explore new places ^^

Hey Snowberry - Welcome!
    I know what you mean about motorcyclists being more "sociable" than car drivers - although there is one exception. If you ride in a Jeep (I mean a REAL Jeep - TJ or Wrangler), you will get the same kinds of greetings from other 'Jeepers' through that flat windshield - or over the rollbar - or out to the side when the doors are off.
    So there is a winter vehicle that can be almost as sociable as your bike - but not nearly as much fun - unless you go off the road of course.

You're breaking the trend, it seems, by choosing a cruiser for your first bike. I'm sure they will still wave when they see you coming. Ride SAFE, ride well, ride far.
    Last edited by RoadSailor; 11-14-2010 at 02:16 PM.
    Tom, K-W
    1998 Kawi Voyager XII
    restoring 1983 Honda Nighthawk 750