Shopping in the USA / Declaring items - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shopping in the USA / Declaring items

Re: Shopping in the USA / Declaring items

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Liner740 View Post
    you also apparently live with selective reading. I clearly said, be honest about the bought goods that are can clearly be identified as bought in USA. that is all...i never said be honest and declare everything and then go on to say how to hide items from the border guards.
    so be partially honest... thats what you're saying... otherwise if you can get away with it, lie...

that is being honest...

Quote Originally Posted by N3WMAN View Post
    Deceiving the taxman is perfectly fine as long as you are reasonable. At least that's what my accountant always says lol.

Deceiving the taxman is still fraud and tax evasion, even if you consider it reasonable. Morals aside, why would you risk prosecution and huge penalties for "a reasonable amount"? One day, you might find yourself in jail asking yourself why you're doing more time than the guy that embezzled millions. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by knowledge View Post
    Hey guys, I'm getting bicycle parts shipped to the US side of niagara falls, and I was wondering if I could just go over with a throwaway bike on a bicycle rack, pick up the parts/assemble the other bike, then bring that one back? I could also tell them that I'm just riding around niagara falls. Would I get away with it? Or should I just declare it? It's gonna be a couple hundred in tax, so I'd obviously rather try to avoid it.

TIA
    If you decide to do that, I would suggest having a bike that is the same colour / style as your throw away one. Also, research the trails in Niagara Falls and be prepared to answer any associated questions.
    Well-weathered leather
    Hot metal and oil
    The scented country air
    Sunlight on chrome
    The blur of the landscape
    Every nerve aware

Rush - Red Barchetta

Quote Originally Posted by knowledge View Post
    Hey guys, I'm getting bicycle parts shipped to the US side of niagara falls, and I was wondering if I could just go over with a throwaway bike on a bicycle rack, pick up the parts/assemble the other bike, then bring that one back? I could also tell them that I'm just riding around niagara falls. Would I get away with it? Or should I just declare it? It's gonna be a couple hundred in tax, so I'd obviously rather try to avoid it.

TIA
    What would be the point of crossing with a throwaway bike? LOL! Just declare it and pay the tax. Try to spend a week or at least 48 hours in the US and claim your personal exemption of $750 or $400 respectively.

These threads are great.

can i get away with it?

maybe..

What else do you want to know?