Rossi, sticking foot out - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rossi, sticking foot out

Re: Rossi, sticking foot out

Quote Originally Posted by BBC View Post
    I got a couple of thoughts.

1) If you thought that the rider in front of you was going into a corner so hot that even he thought that he would crash then you will think twice before you try to hit the corner even faster and pass him because they could take you out when they do crash. If Rossi makes a rider hesitate even for a fraction of a second their passing opportunity is gone and Rossi (or whoever) wins that corner. I notice racers only do this maneuver when they know another Racer is close to them.

2) When the Racer puts his leg out it makes him even wider. That way a Racer must be even further inside to pass him and at some point the other rider will run out of track at the corner exist and not be able to complete the turn.

Lately I notice that many Racers ride up the inside of the leg danglers with no room at all. Last time I remember it happened to Rossi. When he saw that he was going to have his leg hit, he pulled it in really quick. What then happened was interesting. Because he needed to pull his leg in quick and the other Racer was now tight up the inside of him, he had no room to get his knee out. Now he's hot in a corner without knowing how far he is leaned over.

In the end I think that the MotoGP or any series riders know each other so well that they play head-games with each other both on and off the track and this is just a game that is really obvious to us watching.
    Looking at it from a newb's eye it sure does look like it is meant to distract the rider behind and take up track to make passing harder.
    Last edited by R1Guy; 11-25-2010 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post

Dang! Knee pads and Crocks. I think if he had proper footwear, the outcome would have been better. lol

As was mentioned earlier, Rossi has been sticking his leg out to assist him with feel and balance under very hard braking. It seems to me anyways, that Rossi started this after he broke his leg and injured his shoulder. Maybe it was something that just made it easier on him, and has since become a habit. It worked for awhile too at keeping some riders back, because they seemed to hesitate in fear of hitting Rossi's injured leg. Jorge Lorenzo just ignores it now, and if Rossi isn't careful, Lorenzo might just take his leg right off! ( I seriously hope not though) So, there's my two cents worth.

1. Used to assist him with balance, and to take pressure off of his shoulder.

2. It makes him a lot wider and difficult to pass.

3. A temporary fix that has become a habit.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN zx6r View Post
    As was mentioned earlier, Rossi has been sticking his leg out to assist him with feel and balance under very hard braking. It seems to me anyways, that Rossi started this after he broke his leg and injured his shoulder.
    No, he's been doing this for a couple of years now.

i believe the technical engineering answer is that rossi started doing it because "he just felt like it was what he should do". It helps him settle the bike going into the corner, start it turning whatever, he just started doing it one day because it felt right, and since he's stupid fast other people started doing it too.
    Driving a cage is to have sanity forced upon you.