Why Android is better than iPhone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Android is better than iPhone.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Why Android is better than iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Moreno636 View Post
    1) BWAAHAHHAHA!! Your joking with that right??? Seriously did you just type that out as some sort of inditement of open source? And you have the nerve to call the Apple app store fluff? Everybody loves to tout "open source" this and that, when the fact of the matter is that less than 5% of the buying public will ever really use any of it. Its such a non issue, its just a buzz word.

2) We are talking about a phone. Not real life. You analogy is so far off base its actually embarrassing.

3) LOL...just read what you wrote in (1)...your seriously trying to tell me open source users arent the **********? LOL "IAX2 Connectivity"...
    1) Actually, chances are anybody who's ever browsed the web has used Open Source. Ever heard of LAMP? Basically, 90% of websites run on the LAMP stack. The 2nd most popular browser on the market (Firefox) is Open Source. Yeah, nobody uses open source
    2) We're talking about a mobile computer that can be used to help a person manage and enhance their life. Considering how much computers are penetrating our day to day living, restricting our freedoms with the devices that we paid hundreds for can be very inconvenient.
    3) What's so douchy about wanting to access your PBX via a more secure protocol, or having any other functionality that would appeal to a geek or an enterprise user? The beauty of the Android marketS lies in the fact that there are packages for both the regular Joe and the real geek. Better than 99% of your platform's packages being useless stuff just delivering advertisement for various businesses. Download the Geico "app" and the Fat Bastard Burrito "app," while you're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    You wanna be a fatass anarchist looking to make bombs and **** some **** up in the pentagon, go with ubuntu.
    No self-respecting fatass anarchist would go anywhere near Ubuntu, whose unofficial motto is "like Windows, but it works." It's easy to install, easy to use, has a lot of eye candy and lots of packages preinstalled, but that also means lots of bloat. Not a bad thing, and I use it for my desktop system (everything works out of the box, it's stupid-easy to install packages, has great built-in hardware support, real no-brainer), but I wouldn't run a server or be involved in any clandestine activities on that platform.
    A lazy fatass anarchist would probably go with Arch, while a real fanatic would probably just do LFS (Linux From Scratch). I might go through the pain of doing LFS just to learn about the internals, which you typically wouldn't using Ubuntu, which serves everything up on a silver platter.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

iPhone spec wise is the best phone out there right now, they finally put a great camera on it and the HD video recording feature is badass. I shopped around a lot before I got the iPhone 4, I really wanted something comparable that isn't apple as I am not the biggest fan of the company but they make a great product..

I was looking at the galaxy S and found the android software combersome compared to iOS, then again I don't care about open source compatibility I don't even care to jailbreak my iPhone.

My friends always say how their BBs are so much better than iPhone.. BBM, msn.. etc but everytime someone wants to look something up on the net or use the GPS they reach for my iPhone! It all depends what you want out of your smartphone android.. iOS, BB they all do something better than the others.
    former: 2006 sv650s (sold)
    current: 2009 r6

"You need to stop suckin back the ballserade, to much salt can be toxic."

Quote Originally Posted by optionfa View Post
    iPhone spec wise is the best phone out there right now, they finally put a great camera on it and the HD video recording feature is badass. I shopped around a lot before I got the iPhone 4
    How's the ugly rubber bumper? I heard that once you slip it on, your reception gets 10x better
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/100-r...hone-4_id12212
    Earlier today, we reported about a solution for the iPhone 4's connectivity problem that would cost you about $1 at the most. On the other end of the spectrum, you can head over to eBay and pay $99.99 for a genuine rubber Bumper for the iPhone 4. Looking at the completed sales for the item, quite a number have been sold at prices ranging from $30 to $40 and one was apparently purchased for $99.99. There are also some being offered on eBay for less than $3 with free shipping. So do your research before you go out and spend a lot of money for what is essentially a piece of plastic.
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    How's the ugly rubber bumper? I heard that once you slip it on, your reception gets 10x better
    Are you really taking a jab at the iPhone looks? Even with the bumper it has a better build quality and look than 99% of android handsets out there. Looks/build materials are the one aspect Apple has a lock on.

Quote Originally Posted by AdRath View Post
    Are you really taking a jab at the iPhone looks? Even with the bumper it has a better build quality and look than 99% of android handsets out there. Looks/build materials are the one aspect Apple has a lock on.
    No. I'm taking a jab at the engineers who couldn't design a phone that works when you hold it in your hand Then they had to ghetto a solution and the highly intelligent first adopters were paying up to $100 for a 25c piece of rubber

No. I'm taking a jab at the engineers who couldn't design a phone that works when you hold it in your hand Then they had to ghetto a solution and the highly intelligent first adopters were paying up to $100 for a 25c piece of rubber
    $100? Source please. No phone case/bumper for the iPhone has been $100. It was given free shortly after the issue came to light.

I do agree it was a major lapse of judgment to realease the device as it was without an internal bumper to separate the bits causing the issue. With a bumper it is still an amazing phone and made better than most android handsets. What is their excuses for poor quality?

Quote Originally Posted by AdRath View Post
    What is their excuses for poor quality?
    What poor quality? I think you mean fit and finish, which can be associated with poor quality but isn't necessarily.

Anyways, they're only phones to most people.
    There is no planet B.

I don't know.. tbh I never experienced any reception issues but then again I went out and bought http://www.otterbox.com/iPhone-4-Com...efault,pd.html right when I got the phone, I drop my phone a couple times a week so a rugged case is a no brainer for me for any phone. It's slightly rediculous that apple would oversee something like this, I know lot of people rock the phone no case, but for me it's a non issue and spec wise it's still the best phone out there..
    former: 2006 sv650s (sold)
    current: 2009 r6

"You need to stop suckin back the ballserade, to much salt can be toxic."

lol this tomc guy has no clue what he is talking about.

OK- END OF THREAD

each platform has its advantages

apple - looks nice, priced very high - appeals to people with more money than brains, or just very little of both

android - cutting edge, more powerful, less locked in - for those cutting edge early tech adopters android is where its at, do you want your phone to have the latest dual core? 3d screen? 15mp camera? and thats just the hardware, paired with the android operating system you have a fully customizable monster on your hands, and .... well ... you wont find any of this on an iphone. iphone components are most likely 2-3 years behind in the supply chain, and this is done intentionally to make sure "everything works without thinking about it"

windows - most likely used in the enterprise for its cheap cost, scalability and integration with office/outlook/other enterprise apps, if you need to deploy 5000 desktops you'd most likely use windows server with dumb-terminals, and even in smaller businesses windows is used because there simply isn't the budget to buy 20 or 30 macs when you can get twice that many low grade pcs for half the cost

LAMP stack - linux, apache, mysql, php - basically 90% of the worlds webservers run this or some lamp variant, XAMMP, WIMP (Windows, IIS, mysql, php), etc, you'd be a complete idiot to host anything on a mac or windows

and of course ubuntu, redhat, debian, freebsd and all those *nix variants, great if you want a free open source desktop that is capable to running home services suce as file sharing, firewall, multi nat router, mail server, and the list goes on

the point of this being, mac and ios is not the only platform out there and in the big scheme of things they really only cater to middle to high income earners with a desire to buy anything that looks nice, and that explains they stock price and market cap.

open your eyes sheeple and realize that your fart app is really nothing to be proud of and any developer worth his salt would know how to develop for every platform

1) Actually, chances are anybody who's ever browsed the web has used Open Source. Ever heard of LAMP? Basically, 90% of websites run on the LAMP stack. The 2nd most popular browser on the market (Firefox) is Open Source. Yeah, nobody uses open source
    2) We're talking about a mobile computer that can be used to help a person manage and enhance their life. Considering how much computers are penetrating our day to day living, restricting our freedoms with the devices that we paid hundreds for can be very inconvenient.
    3) What's so douchy about wanting to access your PBX via a more secure protocol, or having any other functionality that would appeal to a geek or an enterprise user? The beauty of the Android marketS lies in the fact that there are packages for both the regular Joe and the real geek. Better than 99% of your platform's packages being useless stuff just delivering advertisement for various businesses. Download the Geico "app" and the Fat Bastard Burrito "app," while you're at it.

No self-respecting fatass anarchist would go anywhere near Ubuntu, whose unofficial motto is "like Windows, but it works." It's easy to install, easy to use, has a lot of eye candy and lots of packages preinstalled, but that also means lots of bloat. Not a bad thing, and I use it for my desktop system (everything works out of the box, it's stupid-easy to install packages, has great built-in hardware support, real no-brainer), but I wouldn't run a server or be involved in any clandestine activities on that platform.
    A lazy fatass anarchist would probably go with Arch, while a real fanatic would probably just do LFS (Linux From Scratch). I might go through the pain of doing LFS just to learn about the internals, which you typically wouldn't using Ubuntu, which serves everything up on a silver platter.

Quote Originally Posted by Petraeus View Post

OK- END OF THREAD

apple - looks nice, priced very high - appeals to people with more money than brains, or just very little of both

android - cutting edge, more powerful, less locked in - for those cutting edge early tech adopters android is where its at, do you want your phone to have the latest dual core? 3d screen? 15mp camera? and thats just the hardware, paired with the android operating system you have a fully customizable monster on your hands, and .... well ... you wont find any of this on an iphone. iphone components are most likely 2-3 years behind in the supply chain, and this is done intentionally to make sure "everything works without thinking about it"
    Sometimes, you just want it to work, without having to enable debug mode and looking through logs to find what went wrong

Bash it all you want, you gotta hand it to Apple, it just works. This is worth a premium to people that can't be bothered. What to do with all the free time? waste it with fart apps

(my Current phone's are a BB and a Droid, so you can't pull the 'fanboi' card)
    It's the Least I Could Do

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat.

Simon Says "S T F U"

Waiting for that “Next Thing” means you’d never buy anything.
    **** @iPos3r

Europeans Love Android More Than iOS?

Everyone loves sales numbers, right? If that’s true, everyone really loves sales numbers that claim that either Android or iOS is winning the mobile war.
    It seems different numbers point to a different winner in this war, or at least a different winner in each battle. And this time around it’s Android’s turn to be the victor…

The victor in Europe, that is.
    According to new figures compiled by ComScore, Android is now the mobile operating system of choice across Europe, with the UK, Spain, France, Germany and Italy all seemingly in love with that little green Android guy. The figure, 22.3% to be exact, represents a massive 16 point jump over last year’s results. Guess that’s proof that releasing so many different handsets actually works, then.
    Apple has now slipped to third place with 20.3% of the market, with Symbian’s 37.8% meaning the old war-horse is still going strong. With Nokia aligning itself with Microsoft and Windows Phone 7, that might not be the case forever. Symbian’s numbers are already on the decline – last year’s result of 53.9% is now a distant memory.
    The likes of RIM and Microsoft make up the remainder, though the latter will be hoping that the Nokia deal will help to give Windows Phone 7 renewed vigour moving forward.
    Does Apple care that Android is outselling it, or is the revenue from Apps, as well as hardware sales, enough to keep the Cupertino bean counters happy?
    Simon Says "S T F U"

**** @iPos3r

It all comes to battery life

If they replaced Symbian with Android, it'd be game over and it'd would only be iOs and Droid.

We'll see what Nokia does with WinMo 7
    It's the Least I Could Do

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat.

how the f did i get dragged into this?

Quote Originally Posted by Petraeus View Post

OK- END OF THREAD

windows - most likely used in the enterprise for its cheap cost, scalability and integration with office/outlook/other enterprise apps, if you need to deploy 5000 desktops you'd most likely use windows server with dumb-terminals, and even in smaller businesses windows is used because there simply isn't the budget to buy 20 or 30 macs when you can get twice that many low grade pcs for half the cost

LAMP stack - linux, apache, mysql, php - basically 90% of the worlds webservers run this or some lamp variant, XAMMP, WIMP (Windows, IIS, mysql, php), etc, you'd be a complete idiot to host anything on a mac or windows

and of course ubuntu, redhat, debian, freebsd and all those *nix variants, great if you want a free open source desktop that is capable to running home services suce as file sharing, firewall, multi nat router, mail server, and the list goes on

the point of this being, mac and ios is not the only platform out there and in the big scheme of things they really only cater to middle to high income earners with a desire to buy anything that looks nice, and that explains they stock price and market cap.

open your eyes sheeple and realize that your fart app is really nothing to be proud of and any developer worth his salt would know how to develop for every platform
    nm...just realized you're nested-quote from me from a year ago lol...i don't really care what you think...just stumbled across this through forum search.
    Last edited by TomC; 10-03-2011 at 05:20 PM.
    For sale, 2007 Aprilia SXV 450 Supermoto
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...prilia-sxv-450

Simon Says "S T F U"

**** @iPos3r

too offensive, so i removed everything here. carry on.
    Last edited by TomC; 10-03-2011 at 05:41 PM.
    For sale, 2007 Aprilia SXV 450 Supermoto
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...prilia-sxv-450

Bubble burst?

Apple's big iPhone disappointment

http://money.cnn.com/2011/10/04/tech...ne_5/index.htm

Oh well......theres still enough sheeple to keep this model selling.

for the people that think the iphone 4S is a disappointment, need to wake up.

Not because it didn't get a re-design, its a disappointment, it did get major internal upgrades.
    Not to be surprised, but as always, an iphone 5 should be ready by June 2012(normally).

its a World Phone - GSM/CDMA.

Siri - an intelligent assistant that helps you get things done just by asking.

64GB

Bluetooth 4.0

Talk time:
    Up to 8 hours on 3G(1 more hour than iphone 4)
    Up to 14 hours on 2G (GSM)
    Standby time: Up to 200 hours

Two cores in the A5 chip deliver up to two times more power and up to seven times faster graphics.1 And you’ll feel the effects. Fast. iPhone 4S is quick and responsive, which makes all the difference when you’re launching apps, browsing the web, gaming and doing just about everything. And no matter what you're doing, you can keep on doing it. Because the A5 chip is so power-efficient, iPhone 4S has outstanding battery life.

iPhone 4S is great for gamers. The A5 chip pushes graphics up to seven times faster. So games run smoother and they’re even more realistic. And graphics-intensive apps perform even better.

The dual-core A5 chip delivers up to two times more processing power, which makes iPhone 4S even more responsive. Pages load quicker. Gameplay is better. And everything just feels faster.

Video stabilization removes unwanted motion caused by unsteady hands. And if you’re recording a scene with subjects in both the foreground and the background, the camera focuses where you want with a tap.

This just might be the best camera ever on a phone. And with all-new optics, it just might be the only camera you need. Because behind every shot, you’ve got 8-megapixel resolution and a custom lens with a larger f/2.4 aperture. Not to mention an improved backside illumination sensor, excellent auto white balance, advanced colour accuracy, face detection and reduced motion blur. It all means that no matter how many people, how much light, and how much action you capture, everything looks exactly as it should. And just wait until you see the photos.

iPhone 4S is the first phone to intelligently switch between two antennas to transmit and receive, so call quality is better. It also doubles the maximum HSDPA data speeds to 14.4 Mbps.7 Which means faster connections, faster loading and reloading and faster downloads. And iPhone 4S is a world phone, so you can use it almost anywhere. Whether you’re a GSM or CDMA customer, you can roam GSM networks in 200 countries around the world.

Maximum Data Download Speeds (HSDPA)

iPhone 4S 14.4 Mbps
    iPhone 4 7.2 Mbps

To top it off with the amazing iOS 5.

http://www.apple.com/ca/iphone/features/

S
    iri.

iphone 4S
    Last edited by Poser; 10-04-2011 at 11:34 PM.
    Simon Says "S T F U"

**** @iPos3r

iPhone 4S: An Interplay of Hardware and Software

Here’s a quick thought about the new iPhone 4S. There really isn’t much to say about the iPhone 4S as a device: it’s the iPhone 4, only faster. It looks like an iPhone 4. It weighs just like an iPhone 4 (unless you’re going to feel a 3-gram difference). It’s got the same Retina Display of the iPhone 4, and its glass back is just as likely to break as the iPhone 4′s. The iPhone 4 is the foundation of the new iPhone 4S.
    But the iPhone 4S is undoubtedly better than the iPhone 4. Thanks to the dual-core A5 CPU and dual-core graphics Apple put into it, the 4S will deliver snappier navigation between apps and webpages, up to seven times faster graphics and an overall more responsive experience. In practical terms, this means the multitasking tray will open faster, launch apps in less time, and Safari will load webpages faster. Game developers will be able to create more impressive games with more complex graphics and texturing techniques; app makers will take advantage of the iPhone 4S’ A5 to develop software with more elaborate actions and architectures.
    In day to day usage, the iPhone 4S will be the iPad 2 of hardware upgrades: when compared to an old iPhone 4, it’ll look amazingly fast. Even if I haven’t tried an iPhone 4S yet, this is pure math. The iPhone 4S is faster. Perhaps not every corner of the OS will show that, but the hardware will allow for faster operations out of the box.
    The A5 processor (and faster graphics, and presumably more RAM) doesn’t simply make games more powerful and apps quicker to open and use. The A5 processor — a custom-made silicon designed by Apple — has repercussions on a variety of software-related functionalities, and this has enabled Apple to come up with new features that won’t made it to the older iPhone 4 once iOS 5 comes out next week.
    The iPhone 4S is the finest example of Apple’s interplay of hardware and software yet.
    Take the new camera for example. Thanks to a new 8 MP sensor, wider aperture, new lenses and backside illumination, it shoots better, sharper, more vibrant pictures. They look good. The new optics inside the iPhone’s camera have allowed Apple to improve on one of the most popular aspects of the iPhone, which is taking photos everywhere you go. Yet the new camera isn’t just about the optic hardware itself: because of the A5′s processing power, Apple has added face detection for better exposure and focus when a subject is recognized, as well as better white balance. The iPhone 4S’ A5 comes with a new Image Signal Processor designed by Apple. On top of that, the faster 4S also happens to record 1080p video with image stabilization and noise reduction.
    This is fairly technical stuff, but you see where this is going. In a demo of the iPhone 4S posted by the BBC earlier today, I noticed something odd about the 4S camera: the swiping animation to switch from the camera view to the Camera Roll (a new feature of iOS 5) looked strangely fast and smooth. I’ve been testing iOS 5 on my iPhone 4, and I can tell you that animation isn’t as nearly as responsive and immediate as the BBC’s demo video. Throughout the day, I’ve looked at other hands-on videos (not many of them are around this time, unfortunately), read first impressions from journalists who were in Cupertino and yes — everyone reported the camera was faster and more responsive. A simple functionality like swiping back to your Camera Roll to see the picture you’ve just taken has been improved thanks to new hardware. These are the details the make the experience better, more balanced and enjoyable as the months roll in and you get used to a device.
    At this point, it’s starting to feel like iOS 5 was specifically designed for the iPhone 4S. The most technologically advanced features of iOS 5 are now available on the iPhone: improved camera and HD video recording, AirPlay Mirroring,Siri. That’s not to say Apple didn’t exclude some of these from the iPad due to design compromises (the thinner iPad 2 wouldn’t probably have room for the 4S’ camera) or obvious impracticality (Siri on a tablet?), but on a checklist comparing Apple’s devices running iOS 5, the iPhone 4S gets more. The iPad 2 still has Photo Booth on its side, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see it on the iPhone soon.
    The importance of “hardware that enables better software” and “powerful software based on advanced hardware” is best explained by Apple’s own slide. Four hardware-related features (A5, new wireless system, new camera, 1080p HD recording), four software-related functionalities coming to the 4S. And that’s not to count the 200+ features of iOS 5, which will benefit from the improved specs of the iPhone.
    The iPhone 4S is a good phone because it’s based on the iPhone 4. But the 4S has got some new stuff that has been made possible by its new hardware, and it will make for a more pleasant experience thanks to iOS 5, for a simple reason: Apple understands that hardware and software together drive innovation and customer satisfaction, not specs alone.

Simon Says "S T F U"

**** @iPos3r