Edenvale?

Thread: Edenvale?

Edenvale?

This is a track near Barrie that was apparantly getting re-done. I have had no luck contacting any one at the facility. Any of you know if this place is ever going to re-open and if they will have motorcycle lapping? Thanks
    It is what it is...

I have a black belt in anger!

Re: Edenvale?

Was invited by the principal there last season. The track is really a couple left over WW2 training base runways. There is a small pit area as the track was used in the early sixties for some club racing by BEMC using both halves of the airport. It is no where near ready for bikes the pavement is over 60 yrs old. Could it be? Yes however he doesnt appear to have the cash to retop whats there let alone build in the 1/3 mile section needed to make it a track again. I was told by him that the town (Staynor) was good with it however that is second hand info.
    After the war the property was divided and sold to two people. One kept his as an airport (which it still is and quite nice) the other just uses his for hunting and part of it is a protected wildlife land. I think the chances of this track ever getting off the ground again is a longshot at best and certainly not anytime in the foreseeable future. Its being put together by Lee Abramhamson who was the principal behind Dunnville. Just looked at a couple threads and looks like its already died a quiet death. Too bad. Just google Edenvale Autodrome.

great info, thanks.
    It is what it is...

I have a black belt in anger!

Yes, unfortunately, the revival of Canada's 1st ever road course is not to be. I was involved with Lee in the deal right from the planning, ultimately, even though he had expected no issues with zoning given that the land was still classified as an airport, he was not able to get approval from the region...Sorry Folks.
    98.1 Free FM's Racing Team
    SOAR 2011 Old Boys Championship Runner-up.
    Rocket.ca womex.ca TracksideCuts.com stoopidracing.com

That's the sort of thing we need to start hitting them with. Start mentioning councillor's names that prevented it so that when they google themselves, they see themselves not as saviours of chipmunks but as people who put the racers out on the streets for the OPP to catch.

Sorry, just my quick rant.

Ride Reports and other drivel
    '08 Suzuki DR650E
    '04 Kawasaki KLR 685 (For Sale)
    '05 Honda VFR800a Interceptor (SOLD)

'01 Suzuki Bandit GSF600s (what the deer left of it)
    '94 Suzuki GS500E (SOLD)
    MC Instructor www.LearningCurves.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten_Ronnie View Post
    That's the sort of thing we need to start hitting them with. Start mentioning councillor's names that prevented it so that when they google themselves, they see themselves not as saviours of chipmunks but as people who put the racers out on the streets for the OPP to catch.

Sorry, just my quick rant.
    The 5000 or so racers in Ontario(if its that many) don't make a very strong lobby group.

If we teamed up with the single moms with amputee cats who'd like a monthly smoke allowance, we might be taken more seriously.

Those girls are a political juggernaut.