Anyone have any firm info about this?
    http://www.osrclub.com/yabbse/index.....msg230622#new
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

Re: Grand Bend Road Course?

Toured it Tuesday and spoke to the owner this morning. What do you want to know?

Is it a single track layout,length,runoff,fencing etc etc.Things on my mind are the things that some folks haven't liked about TMP.And in my opinion TMP isn't really bad.
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing

6 configurations or more. Nothing to hit loads of runoff. 10 corners and VEEEEEERRRRRRRRYYYYYY fast. Bed is 95% down the heavy equipment is there now doing the last 500 yards of the 3Km. Paving tenders going out soon for May paving and ready for us in June. No zone issues. No tree hugger issues. No noise issues. Owner is very bike friendly and wants us there. I have had the pans for a couple months, went down Tuesday with another track insider and toured it, One corner had an issue and the owner immediately altered the corner to change the angle. Totally stoked.

Thanks Ken.This is great news!
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing

I grew up in that area (Clinton) and still have a cottage in Goderich. Can't wait to see some bike races in the summer although like any cottage town the cops will be all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    6 configurations or more. Nothing to hit loads of runoff. 10 corners and VEEEEEERRRRRRRRYYYYYY fast. Bed is 95% down the heavy equipment is there now doing the last 500 yards of the 3Km. Paving tenders going out soon for May paving and ready for us in June. No zone issues. No tree hugger issues. No noise issues. Owner is very bike friendly and wants us there. I have had the pans for a couple months, went down Tuesday with another track insider and toured it, One corner had an issue and the owner immediately altered the corner to change the angle. Totally stoked.
    Any elevation? What makes it fast, not too much tight stuff, opening corners or lots of straights?
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Here is a few configs no elevation

That near 180 degree sweeper looks great. Too bad it's 3hrs from T.O. that makes it a 2 day affair AFAIC.
    There is no planet B.

How far is Shannonville from Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by BBC View Post
    about 2 hours...

this track looks good, I want to hit it, but with a 5 hour drive i'm looking at 3 days for one track day. I don't think i could handle driving that far after a track day.
    x

Quote Originally Posted by BBC View Post
    about 250km

Track looks good not sure if theres a wall on the outside of the front stretch but if its run ccw I dont see any issues
    Thanks Stu

Ken based on your interest in this track, is this the new home of SOAR, or maybe a second venue for SOAR. Just curious because I was considering racing next year, and just finally have my bike dialed in to TMP, not that a different track would change my mind, just curious.
    Street 05 GSXR 1000/ Track 00 R6

If you don't venture beyond the things you have already mastered, you have stopped moving forward

Is this part of the same facility/site where Grand Bend Dragway is located? Would seem to make sense, in order to draw a wider audience, just worried location from GTA might be impediment for some.

You guys make it sound like it is super far. I'm in Milton and from here it is closer (less than 200kms total distance) than Shannonville..... less driving time too, plus I don't have to criss-cross the damn city during mid-week traffic hours (for trackdays).

Google maps puts it at exactly 2:39minutes from Winston Churchill/401 (Mississauga) to Grand Bend Motorplex or to Shannonville Motorsports park. Both tracks are equidistant from a time perspective from Winston Churchill/401. I know it sucks if you are coming from the east end, but you guys have it easier for Mosport and Shannonville, so I have no sympathy.

It's a new track. Everyone will make the trip regardless if it's a few hrs or not-People manage to drag themselves up to Calabogie, even the po;ar bears up there don't seem to keep them away,LOL

GB has been talking about this since I lived there. I have been gone from Grand Bend for more than 15 yrs now, so I waiting to see if this is just more talk or what. They started to build a dirt oval 15 yrs ago and never finished that either.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Its a go the big equipment is there now. The track uses 90% of roads and a runway that are already there. There is no fences to hit and the one fence thats in the way of where the track is going is being removed,
    BTW the dirt oval is there. Not sure when it was put in but the owner showed it to Fawaz and I on Tuesday.
    As for SOAR we are in the final negotiations and we will be there in 2011 barring any unforseen issues. How many times is yet to be seen.
    Part of racing is racing different tracks and as much as we would all like to have all the tracks 10 min from home thats just not reality. I dont think the location will hurt them at all. Even if GTA loses interest because of distance they still have London,Sarnia,Detroit,Windsor,Port Huron, Stratford,Litchener/Waterloo all in their area. Hell its now a 4 hr drive for me. Seeing as we used to do Daytona, Road America, VIR, Barber, Homestead etc this is next door.
    As for SOAR I always wanted SOAR to be a multi-track series and look forward to it. I still hope to negotiate dates at TMP as well as GBM and next year Ft.Erie. I live 10 minutes from Mosport and would love a date there as well.

Ken, great news ............. SOAR on the grow, multipul tracks (SOAR at Mosport ........yaaaaa) good to see............ BG

Here are a couple images from Google Earth that I captured and then added the track layout to so everyone could see the scale of things.

The only way to find these images on Google Earth yourself is to put in "SOAR" and "Grand Bend Motorplex" and "caboose" into the search engine, Tim understands how it works...

Attachment 22849

Attachment 22850
    98.1 Free FM's Racing Team
    SOAR 2011 Old Boys Championship Runner-up.
    Rocket.ca womex.ca TracksideCuts.com stoopidracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    BTW the dirt oval is there. Not sure when it was put in but the owner showed it to Fawaz and I on Tuesday.
    any way of linking it with the track, for a kick *** supermoto track ?