Harley to biuld bikes in india - Page 3

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Harley to biuld bikes in india

Re: Harley to biuld bikes in india

Quote Originally Posted by twinn View Post
    There bikes will be a big hit in India, same old 40 year tech they are used to anyway.
    i don't blame you..People's perception of India or China as Garbage dump in the western world is because of media..no body wants to see good roads..skyscrapers....for the matter any thing that is good...all they want to see is poor starving people...cows on the roads....****** infrastructure..because that's what sell ....and make people living in their North American bubble feel good...anyways this topic was harley's in india..and it turned into a harley bashing .great.
    canadian Biker is right..the bikes will be ASSEMBLED not manufactured. and the road warrior just for your information people in india are still riding the Royal Enfield Bullet motorcycle ...i don't know if the bullet is considered as a cruiser...Royal Enfield is now the oldest motorcycle brand in the world still in production with the Bullet model enjoying the longest motorcycle production run of all time.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Enfield
    so Indian's don't need to act tough like American bonehead Harley riders as they are already riding those harley type/concept bikes
    Last edited by nousername; 11-06-2010 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nousername View Post
    i ...Royal Enfield is now the oldest motorcycle brand in the world still in production with the Bullet model enjoying the longest motorcycle production run of all time.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Enfield
    so Indian's don't need to act tough like American bonehead Harley riders as they are already riding those harley type/concept bikes
    Ok, first of all Wikipedia is hardly an "official" source for info - anyone can submit articles and claim them as factual without supporting proof. Secondly, the claim of longest production run is dubious, considering that India didn't start manufacturing them until '56. The name might be the longest in use, but it's a real stretch to claim that the bike itself is. Someone tried to make a similar claim about Triumph on Wikipedia, too... again, not even close.

And as for your last comment... grow up.
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

Quote Originally Posted by Gummiente View Post

And as for your last comment... grow up.
    care to elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by nousername View Post
    care to elaborate.
    If you can't figure that one out on your own, I can't help you.
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

If you can't figure that one out on your own, I can't help you.
    Friendly advice.

You might want to give up the attempts of one upping your opposition. It's not playing well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDogDarren View Post
    Friendly advice.

You might want to give up the attempts of one upping your opposition. It's not playing well for you.
    Friendly advice right back at ya... mind your own business. And pay closer attention to the thread, I am not engaging in "one upping".
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

Whatever floats yer boat. But I say it isn't a "chick" bike until a female owner does something to MAKE it one.
    But that's the funny part. *My* bike is a chick's bike only because I happen to be one. But when most people use that term it's meant in a derogatory fashion, implying it's either too small, too slow, not a 'real' bike, etc. (or it's painted pink!). And of course, that's a load of crap.
    2008 HD Sportster XL1200L
    2006 Ninja 650R
    1982 Honda CB125S
    2000 Suzuki GZ250
    2001 Tomos Targa

Quote Originally Posted by short stop View Post
    But when most people use that term it's meant in a derogatory fashion, implying it's either too small, too slow, not a 'real' bike, etc. (or it's painted pink!). And of course, that's a load of crap.
    Believe me, I know where you're coming from on this. I just don't use the term in the derogatory sense, life is too short for petty crap like that.

Somewhat related funny story... back when I taught the motorcycle safety course, I'd get paired up occasionally with one particular female instructor. LOVED working with her - that girl could ride! And on every course we did together, there was always one male in the crowd who would have more mouth than talent and would make smartarse comments while she did the talking and I did the demo riding. The inevitable would happen at some point; the male would drop the bike somewhere on the course and, of course, blame the bike. So I would call her over and ask if she'd mind checking out the bike while I carried on with the lesson. And in full view of everyone, she would whip that little sucker around like she was born on it - doing incredibly tight figure 8's, ulltra fast evasive manouevers, lightning quick emergency stops... and then slide it to a stop in front of the male and proclaim in a loud voice that nothing was wrong with the bike, so it must be the rider. Priceless to watch his ego deflate right then and there!!!
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

What colour is the boathouse at Hereford?
    Good movie.

By the way, did anybody catch the part that these bikes are for India and China??? You won't be riding any "Curry Burners" unless you go rent one for an Asian road trip.
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by SweetOnion View Post
    Good movie.
    Pretty hard for any movie to be bad if De Niro is a part of it. Mind you, though, it took me awhile to come to grips with Sean Bean's character in this one, especially as a fan of the whole Sharpe's series.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetOnion View Post
    By the way, did anybody catch the part that these bikes are for India and China???
    The Harley bashers don't care about silly little things like facts or research, doncha know.
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

Gummiente I tip my hat to you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by elnady View Post
    Gummiente I tip my hat to you sir.
    Thanks, but why?

That looks like a Drifter in your avatar... I had one of those, a '99 1500, a few years back. Great bike. I founded the VDOGON club for Ontario owners which, AFAIK, is still around.
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

Quote Originally Posted by The Road Warrior View Post
    I don't think it's the machines people bash because Harley makes good bikes, it's the typical Harley riders that get bashed, most are nothing but a bunch of poseur trendy tough guy wannabe old farts, riding for the image primarily.
    You harley guys may disagree but I've personally rolled into a gas station on my zx10 and had sevral HD guys turn their backs on me. Nod at the guy in the gas station and he just turns around. I have no problem with what anyone rides but when SOME of these guys get on their HD all of a sudden they seem to be better than the next guy that's on "jap crap". So what's the deal? And 9 out of 10 HD guys DON'T WAVE! unless of course they see another HD. Some of these guys need to get off their high horse and realize there not so cool. I bet if I put most of those guys on my zx10 they'd have to go pull down their HD assless chaps and change their HD undies. Most of these guys are much of a "biker" as my grandmother. Gummiente theres posers on everything, but those other posers don't act like a bunch of *** clowns and will talk to other guys that don't ride the same brand.

Quote Originally Posted by dricked View Post
    You harley guys may disagree but I've personally rolled into a gas station on my zx10 and had sevral HD guys turn their backs on me. Nod at the guy in the gas station and he just turns around. I have no problem with what anyone rides but when SOME of these guys get on their HD all of a sudden they seem to be better than the next guy that's on "jap crap". So what's the deal? And 9 out of 10 HD guys DON'T WAVE! unless of course they see another HD. Some of these guys need to get off their high horse and realize there not so cool. I bet if I put most of those guys on my zx10 they'd have to go pull down their HD assless chaps and change their HD undies. Most of these guys are much of a "biker" as my grandmother. Gummiente theres posers on everything, but those other posers don't act like a bunch of *** clowns and will talk to other guys that don't ride the same brand.
    How would you know this? Do you tail behind guys riding their HD and then observe them only waving at other HDs? Sounds like you got your feelings seriously hurt.
    2006 Ninja 650R
    1982 Honda CB125S
    2000 Suzuki GZ250
    2001 Tomos Targa

Gummiente theres posers on everything, but those other posers don't act like a bunch of *** clowns and will talk to other guys that don't ride the same brand.
    Dude, trust me - I'm not new to the motorcycling scene. While I do agree that a lot of Harley riders are just as you described, there are also a lot of them that aren't. And FYI, the *** clown sentiment is not limited to that brand; I've been snubbed and had caustic comments thrown my way by BMW posers when I roll up on my Ural. I'm just not naive enough to paint them all with the same brush. Judge the individual, not the bike.
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

Well actually I have been on a few rides where there's the HD guy a little ways up and they get the wave and I get the cold shoulder so I have personally experienced this more than once. And I didn't say anything about the bike itself, like you said Gummiente, whatever floats your boat. I was painting the a$$clown with that brush, I've just had more HD a$$clown experiences than other brands I guess

The trouble is when a brand alignes itself so closely to being "American" and being a part of Americana, it seems like they are abandoning their core customer. It's reality and the way of the future. There will be some grumblings but, at the end of the day, they will still do what they gotta do.

And the days of being a loyal one brand only person are deminishing. I know a lot of HD owners (typcially baggers) that have a secondary bikes that are not HD. Some are sport touring and some are classics and some are even SS owners. So, never assume anything.

And please don't use a couple of bad experiences as what must be everyone else. I've seen if from both sides. There might be more HDs on the road than anything else which helps with the perception but, I've encountered plenty of bad attitudes regardless of the ride.

And I didn't say anything about the bike itself, like you said Gummiente, whatever floats your boat. I was painting the a$$clown with that brush, I've just had more HD a$$clown experiences than other brands I guess
    And with the amount of Harleys out on the road, I can't argue with that. But if it helps any, I get snubbed by them too, sometimes... because they mistake my Road Glide for a Gold Wing.
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

There *are* jerks who ride HDs. Just head on over to any HD forums and there are plenty of American heartland HD riders who will bash "jap crap" all day long. It's disheartening but not reflective of ALL Harley riders, and certainly hasn't been the majority of my experience. Seriously, I ride with a group of HD owners and the last thing we do it sit around and bash bikes all day. We simply ride.

What gets my goat around this forum is that ANY topic even remotely related to HD turns immediately into a bash fest. People want to complain that Harley riders are ********? Well, look at any thread around here that discusses the brand and it's an absolute pile-on from other bike owners. Seriously - ppl shouldn't be so hypocritical. If you don't want to be snubbed because of the bike you ride, then maybe the consideration should go both ways.

And for the record, I'm not a Harley loyalist and I have owned/plan to own many different brands of bikes in my life time.
    2006 Ninja 650R
    1982 Honda CB125S
    2000 Suzuki GZ250
    2001 Tomos Targa

Quote Originally Posted by short stop View Post
    What gets my goat around this forum is that ANY topic even remotely related to HD turns immediately into a bash fest.
    Welcome to the less sparkly side of Harley ownership. I've been fighting this crap for over 28 years now, with no end in sight.
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights