Harley to biuld bikes in india - Page 2

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Harley to biuld bikes in india

Re: Harley to biuld bikes in india

It's fascinating to see how much emotion and chest-thumping the mere mention of anything Harley can cause. All the self-righteous claims of superiority of rider and machine, based on gross generalizations and, apparently, episodes of cartoons. Not surprising, given the generation that forms its socio-political opinions on the Colbert Report and thinks Lady Gaga is talented. Highly entertaining, though, in a sad, crap-this-is-the-future kind of way.
    I wave to everybody. Just not you.

Quote Originally Posted by twinn View Post
    LOL, quoting from the movie Ronin.

Its the truth, why get all mad about it, there tech is old, if thats your thing, great but its the truth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izzlN2zC8PU
    You just proved beyond a doubt to me that you don't know much about bikes. Tell me - without looking at your watch - how long have you been riding?
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBiker View Post
    It's fascinating to see how much emotion and chest-thumping the mere mention of anything Harley can cause. All the self-righteous claims of superiority of rider and machine, based on gross generalizations and, apparently, episodes of cartoons. Not surprising, given the generation that forms its socio-political opinions on the Colbert Report and thinks Lady Gaga is talented. Highly entertaining, though, in a sad, crap-this-is-the-future kind of way.
    Sssshhh... I'm trying to get one to come in a little closer...

EDIT: Wait... Lady who??!!
    Last edited by Gummiente; 11-06-2010 at 12:07 PM.
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

Quote Originally Posted by Gummiente View Post
    You just proved beyond a doubt to me that you don't know much about bikes. Tell me - without looking at your watch - how long have you been riding?
    WOW, were not allowed to make fun of Harley's. Been riding a long time, actually riden Harley as well, friends, not mine. There are even guys on this forum who are Harley riders that will claim that a stock Harley is a joke from the factory.

Dude, you want to pull out a Ronin quote and get upset when I pull a funny you tube video.

Please tell me you dont ride a Harley, because this is the sterotypical Harley persona right there.

I like Kawi's, but if Suzuki comes out with a GSXR model that owns the 10R or 636, I will give it props and say so. Unlike harley crew that thinks there bikes are "the best inthe whole wide world"

Been riding a long time
    Haven't learned much, though, have you?

And if you want to categorise me in the "typical Harley rider" category, knock yourself out. You wouldn't be the first dumbarse to labour under that misconception. And you've got a loooonnngg way to go before you get me upset, junior, but keep tryin'.
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

Alright, if you say so man, not trying to upset you at all, just poking fun.

I actually know more about bikes then the average rider does but thats besides the point. My good buddy owned a Harley and hated it and went with a jap cruiser instead, so I speak from personal experience.

Anyways, what is this 'watch' thing you speak of?

I've been a rider for exactly 156 days, 19 hours and 12.3786 minutes according to my atomic clock connected live updating smartphone automatic time calculator, so I know what I'm talking about!
    There is no planet B.

Thank you for admitting that, makes me think we can have a more civil discussion now.

I actually know more about bikes then the average rider does but thats besides the point. My good buddy owned a Harley and hated it and went with a jap cruiser instead, so I speak from personal experience.
    Um, no... that's anecdotal experience. Personal experience would be if YOU had owned the Harley. But all that aside, just what exactly do you personally feel Harley lacks in technology?

And excuse me if I don't respond for awhile, I'm going out for a ride in the snow. On my inferior Russian bike, not the inferior American one.
    Last edited by Gummiente; 11-06-2010 at 12:40 PM.
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    I've been a rider for exactly 156 days, 19 hours and 12.3786 minutes according to my atomic clock connected live updating smartphone automatic time calculator, so I know what I'm talking about!
    Dude, you must be ready to take one WICKED pee by now!
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

Dude, you must be ready to take one WICKED pee by now!
    Dunno, do I need an app for that?
    There is no planet B.

Thank you for admitting that, makes me think we can have a more civil discussion now.

Um, no... that's anecdotal experience. Personal experience would be if YOU had owned the Harley. But all that aside, just what exactly do you personally feel Harley lacks in technology?

And excuse me if I don't respond for awhile, I'm going out for a ride in the snow. On my inferior Russian bike, not the inferior American one.
    Ive ridden my buddies Harley somewhere in the ball park of approx 1000km over the course of the time he had it as we would switch up on long rides-- this was always his suggestion not mine!. Compared to his new 1700cc Yama Warrior his 1200cc Harley was just slow, not as responsive, best way I would describe it is unrefined.

Throttle response, low end torque, riding posistion etc.. were all things I think were inferior, even compared to my brothers first bike, which was a shaft drive yama seca.

I ride sports bikes and the manufacutres are throwing money at them in terms of R and D. Take any 03-4 sport bike and compare it to a 09 model, the 09 model is better in every aspect, engine/handling/braking etc.. huge difference over the span of 6 years. Now take a 99 sportster and compare it to an 09 sportser, whats the diff? new colours?

Its all good as their clientale dont seem to mind, and it still sells.

But pick any other product or consumer good, car,computer, lawnmower, even hand tools like drills etc.. have all improved considerably over that time frame, while Harley just sells pretty much the same old bike year after year.

nothing wrong with it if thats what your perference is, just trying to say that from a sport bike riders perspective, we dont just hate Harley's because there Harley's there is a reason behind the dislike of that brand.

Now take a 99 sportster and compare it to an 09 sportser, whats the diff? new colours?
    Do your own research on that one, you'd be surprised at the improvements. Just because something LOOKS the same doesn't necessarily mean it IS the same.

nothing wrong with it if thats what your perference is, just trying to say that from a sport bike riders perspective, we dont just hate Harley's because there Harley's there is a reason behind the dislike of that brand.
    I've been around long enough to be well aware of the animosity between the two genres, but I personally don't take part in it. I like all bikes and in my world, anyone who feels the need to denigrate another's choice of motorcycle simply because it doesn't match their own parameters simply isn't worthy to be called a motorcycle enthusiast.

But your original comment that led to this whole discussion still hasn't been explained; you made a reference to 40yr old technology. Looking at the 2010 Harley lineup, I'm curious as to why you think fly-by-wire throttle, closed loop sequential port EFI, full electronic instrumentation, ABS, Brembo disc brakes front and rear, 6-speed transmission, Gates belt final drive, killer stereo system, electronic cruise control and a motor that meets current emissions regs are not indicative of a brand making an attempt to keep up with technology.
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

Ive ridden my buddies Harley somewhere in the ball park of approx 1000km over the course of the time he had it as we would switch up on long rides-- this was always his suggestion not mine!. Compared to his new 1700cc Yama Warrior his 1200cc Harley was just slow, not as responsive, best way I would describe it is unrefined.

Throttle response, low end torque, riding posistion etc.. were all things I think were inferior, even compared to my brothers first bike, which was a shaft drive yama seca.

I ride sports bikes and the manufacutres are throwing money at them in terms of R and D. Take any 03-4 sport bike and compare it to a 09 model, the 09 model is better in every aspect, engine/handling/braking etc.. huge difference over the span of 6 years. Now take a 99 sportster and compare it to an 09 sportser, whats the diff? new colours?

Its all good as their clientale dont seem to mind, and it still sells.

But pick any other product or consumer good, car,computer, lawnmower, even hand tools like drills etc.. have all improved considerably over that time frame, while Harley just sells pretty much the same old bike year after year.

see there was the problem wrong bike, your friend must have been a chick cause the 1200 sporty is a girls bike hahaha

Wow....an HD thread that immediately dissolves into brand bashing, and now someone calling a Sportster a chick's bike.

The circle is complete.
    2008 HD Sportster XL1200L
    2006 Ninja 650R
    1982 Honda CB125S
    2000 Suzuki GZ250
    2001 Tomos Targa

Quote Originally Posted by short stop View Post
    Wow....an HD thread that immediately dissolves into brand bashing, and now someone calling a Sportster a chick's bike.

The circle is complete.
    i know, but i just couldn't resist 'lol', i really don't care what someone else rides so long as they're riding and enjoying it.

i own a Harley, but I'd ride a Honda or Yamaha or any other brand for that matter. lets face it, when you're running down the roads or leaning into a corner, or when the sun is shining on you that is when the biggest grin is on your face. or it is on mine

there is no feeling like chasing the sunset

The circle is complete.
    It's an endless circle, anyway. And FWIW, my '86 XLH 1100 was no "chick bike". Now, the wife's '06 Softail deluxe, THAT is a chick bike... 'cause she went and put pink butterfly stickers all over it.
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

haven't the japs been trying to copy the HD's even the sound?
    your personal experience is from what your buddy told you? lol

It's an endless circle, anyway. And FWIW, my '86 XLH 1100 was no "chick bike". Now, the wife's '06 Softail deluxe, THAT is a chick bike... 'cause she went and put pink butterfly stickers all over it.
    I guess my 1200L is a chick's bike, but only because I'm a chick.
    2008 HD Sportster XL1200L
    2006 Ninja 650R
    1982 Honda CB125S
    2000 Suzuki GZ250
    2001 Tomos Targa

I guess my 1200L is a chick's bike, but only because I'm a chick.
    Whatever floats yer boat. But I say it isn't a "chick" bike until a female owner does something to MAKE it one.
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

The circle is complete.
    Remember when you were in grade school and little boys would pull your hair cause they liked you but lacked the intellectual and emotional maturity to express themselves in another fashion? This is more or less the same thing.
    Looking at your list of past bikes, I'd say you have more of an appreciation for motorcycles than most, so don't pay attention to the little boys.
    I wave to everybody. Just not you.