Harley to biuld bikes in india - Page 15

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Harley to biuld bikes in india

Re: Harley to biuld bikes in india

Quote Originally Posted by Gummiente View Post
    Sidecar plus: The ability to carry home 48 full 750ml bottles of wine. I win.
    Proper mortorbike plus: not needing 48 full 750ml bottles of wine. Natural rush.
    soaked and upset

met the lady driving this on holiday, she uses the car for clothes.

ONE problem during the warranty period with my Harley and you're ready to write all Harleys off as unreliable? C'mon, get serious. What about the 48k I put on my '04 Electra-Glide with no problems whatsoever? What about the people I've known on Harleys over the years that have had no problems, either? You seem bent on trying to get me to agree with you that Harleys are notoriously unreliable... well, news flash: it ain't gonna happen. I've stated my case, you've stated yours and we're just not going to come to an agreement.

YOU'RE the one who's been asking me repeatedbly to show you my experiences/stories/stats that support my view! I have up until now refused based on the notion that none of that is relevant, and now that I finally accede your request YOU go and complain that none of that is relevant!!!

Pick a storyline and stick with it man.
    There is no planet B.

Quote Originally Posted by inreb View Post
    Proper mortorbike plus: not needing 48 full 750ml bottles of wine. Natural rush.
    Pffftttt! You can do better than that. The wine isn't to create a rush, nor to sustain one. But that's a whole other topic.

And I get the same level of excitement and adrenalin hit from plunging 30' down an unexpected embankment as you do riding at censored speeds on pavement.

Round Two, Sidecar Plus: Doggy can go on the camping trip with you...
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

Pffftttt! You can do better than that. The wine isn't to create a rush, nor to sustain one. But that's a whole other topic.

And I get the same level of excitement and adrenalin hit from plunging 30' down an unexpected embankment as you do riding at censored speeds on pavement.

The fact that you have Mad Max's dog, makes up for the sidecar in my book.

I don't think plunging down a 30' embankment (unexpected or regular) is the kind of rush I'm after. You win that one too.

I've been cruising the sidehack forums (especially Advrider) in the hopes of convincing myself that I can't live w/o a hack. It's a bit of a slog atm. At this point I'd be more inclined towards a lightweight enduro type hack for the DR650. I do a lot of gravel and logging roads. The benefits of carrying extra stuff and domesticated livestock are pretty obvious.
    soaked and upset

At this point I'd be more inclined towards a lightweight enduro type hack for the DR650.
    Good choice of bike for that kind of riding. I'm sure you've had all kinds of advice from the ADV Rider crowd, so there's not much more I could add. Except that it's fun on a whole new level.
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

Good choice of bike for that kind of riding. I'm sure you've had all kinds of advice from the ADV Rider crowd, so there's not much more I could add. Except that it's fun on a whole new level.
    "whole new level" being the operative phrase. I just don't see the hack as being as swoopy and kinetic as a motorcycle. Maybe I'm wrong. Whatever, I think it would be very cool load up a hack and do a very long tour. Camping would be less of a hardship for sure.
    soaked and upset

I just don't see the hack as being as swoopy and kinetic as a motorcycle. Maybe I'm wrong.
    You're just looking at it the wrong way, is all. You just can't apply two wheel logic to sidecars. These are Ural movies off the company website, but they will give you a good idea as to what can be done with an adventure mentality:

http://www.imz-ural.com/downloads/movies.htm
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

I looked at the shorter Death Valley video. I had a huge grin Good viewing pleasure. I know what I'm doing later to-nite.....
    soaked and upset