anyone out near bowmanville?

Thread: anyone out near bowmanville?

anyone out near bowmanville?

i move into my new house in the middle of november, and im new to the area, anyone go out riding around here other than ganaraska forest and raglan pits??

if so let me know if your looking for someone to ride with..

Re: anyone out near bowmanville?

when checking google maps, i can see lots of great areas, and some look like people have been riding, such as south of 401 at harmony in oshawa, north of bowmanville on mearns ave...

i highly doubt that everyone is only riding at ganny..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sighless View Post
    when checking google maps, i can see lots of great areas, and some look like people have been riding, such as south of 401 at harmony in oshawa, north of bowmanville on mearns ave...

i highly doubt that everyone is only riding at ganny..
    http://www.drps.ca/internet_explorer...w.asp?ID=16745

At the little area south of the 401 at harmony there is a small "track" with 2 or 3 small jumps that someone put together. It's alright if you don't mind riding around in circles.

I've never been to the area north of mearns but it may be part of the conservation area.

Not a whole lot locally when you are limited by a green plate.
    05 DRZ400SM
    93 ZX-7
    02 RM125

Really the best place is the ganny, I've been riding in there for 15 years and still find new trails. It dpends what your looking for though. What makes you want to stay away from the ganny?

sweet thanks..

i will give them a call..

i have found many spots, but im not quite sure where to start looking for the property owners..

Where i grew up, and recently moved from (Chatham-kent) most of the farmers and land owners dont have a problem as long as you respect the land and know when to call it a night so your not making unnecessary noise during the evenings.

"Dricked"
    im just finding other places that appears to be ridden on, thats free and closer..

The Ganny is only 20 mins away and is well worth the price of the pass. If you've never been there, grab a day pass and check it out. Endless singletrack.
    05 DRZ400SM
    93 ZX-7
    02 RM125

Quote Originally Posted by Z1K View Post
    The Ganny is only 20 mins away and is well worth the price of the pass. If you've never been there, grab a day pass and check it out. Endless singletrack.
    is there normally alot of people there? i'd rather something secluded while i build up my skills

The ganny is 11000 acres. Being crowded isn't a problem.
    05 DRZ400SM
    93 ZX-7
    02 RM125

Banned

is there normally alot of people there? i'd rather something secluded while i build up my skills
    If you're going to fall down while "building up your skills", wouldn't you rather do it in a place where someone is more likely to come along and find your unconscious and broken body if you should screw up in a major way?

Trail Tours is also located there and they will build up your skills,they will also take you out in the ganny.

Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    If you're going to fall down while "building up your skills", wouldn't you rather do it in a place where someone is more likely to come along and find your unconscious and broken body if you should screw up in a major way?
    I'll be alright, im not a beginner. i grew up on a cr50, a trail70 and had a kx80 when i was younger...

i just need to get used to the new bike its been a few years... all i have been riding on is harvested wheat fields, and beaches..

cool sounds good.. do you guys know when it closes this year? or if it already closed?

It is closed from Dec 1st to Apr 30th.
    05 DRZ400SM
    93 ZX-7
    02 RM125