Ninja vs new Honda CBR250R !! - Page 2

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ninja vs new Honda CBR250R !!

Re: Ninja vs new Honda CBR250R !!

Here are some top speed samples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtoekr-6zXY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fLm7kGuHxI

There are numerous videos where others have taken the bike over 180 km/h. But 175 km/h seems about the average top speed for a bike that hasn't been modded. Factory specs.

Know having said that, I personally can't confim the top speed. I have taken my bike close to the 150 km/h mark on a straight section of highway with normal head wind. I was reving around 9,500-10,000 rpms. Bike redlines at 13,000 - 15,000 so I was nowhere near the limit. I had about 30-40% of the throttle limit left over. Not sure how much of the power band is left over at these RPMS though. The bike wasn't struggling at all. Based on the above I'm confident I could of easily hit 175 km/h that day. Just didnt want to risk 50 km/h over the 100 mark.

I know when I was cruising around 135 km/h and had to pass someone. I easily reached the approx. 150 km/h mark. So for the guy above who was woorrried about cruising on the highway and hanging with "hogs". I'm not sure what he's worried about. - HOGS as in Harley Motorcycles or Hogs as in Transport Trucks with Hogs in them?

I weigh around 150 lbs so maybe I'm on the light side.

Where the sun don't shine (Toronto, you nasty)

Quote Originally Posted by Zaneris View Post
    Nice work on the dry weight comparison, that was the first thing I noticed as well, smaller fuel tank to make it "seem" lighter. Also, the Ninja 250 puts out about 32HP and 28ish at the rear wheel, faster bike.

Now if Honda sells this with ABS the fuel injection, etc... For say $5499? Definitely worth it.

Personally, I don't like the look though, and Honda would never sell it for that price with ABS.

p.s. The ninja 250 tops out at a bit over 180
    Stock 250r? Are you sure it was 180? I weigh like 140-145 lbs & I'm not sure I can believe that. Downhill with a little bit of wind, I topped out at maybe 175 speedometer (probably just shy of 170 Gps verified). If I had a couple kms more of road...I'm still not sure I could've gotten to 180.

It seems that Honda CBR250R disappeared off honda.ca lol
    Did Honda Canada decide not to bring the 250 in the market ? Does anyone have info about this ?

Yea seems only the direct link is still active.

Quote Originally Posted by whetaus-tr View Post
    It seems that Honda CBR250R disappeared off honda.ca lol
    Did Honda Canada decide not to bring the 250 in the market ? Does anyone have info about this ?
    They are preparing for the official announcement and press release ....

Quote Originally Posted by DemonPig View Post
    I don't know where are you getting those top speed numbers from.
    Granted, it varies with weight of the rider but most sites list it at around 165km/h for Ninja 250.
    I'be been on a 2005 and 2008 and 05 was a bit faster. Got it up to under 170 (speedo). 05 wouldn't go passed 165.
    Satellite would be more accurate of course.
    year:2010price:$4,299
    Curb Weight:374.9 lbs.
    Displacement:249 Cc
    Energy:Keihin CVK30 x 2Torque @ RPM:22 Nm @ 9,500 rpm
    Top Speed:+/-115 mph - 185 kph
    Transmission:Six speedEngine:Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, parallel twinHorse
    Power @ RPM:32 hp @ 11,000 rpm

from: http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/...r-ar72522.html
    Last edited by SBL; 11-13-2010 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gav.man View Post
    Looks like a VFR with bicycle tires! Ugh.... Honda has always gone mental with styling, never seem to get it right. IMO
    You beat me to the punch.

Not that I won't intentionally go into a dealership just to look at it next spring. Besides, next summer will be my first summer insuring the 600RR in Ontario. If it costs an arm and a leg, I might have to downgrade to something like the 250R for the street and track the 600. That said, I'll still ride a Honda over a Kawi. Looks or not. Honda beats out.

Ya'll be ninja riders.

Anyways...

lawls at 250 riders.

Inb4 "its not the displacement that counts" guy.
    Vivere est vincere

muffler fail

Quote Originally Posted by Kokla View Post
    lawls at 250 riders.

Lawls at the non 1800cc goldwing guy.
    "in b4 "its not the displacement that counts" rebuttal.
    Engine size is compensation for tiny odometers. // You either drag knee in -3 or pose in 20.
    2001 ex500 420+ km on a single tank. Mods: Digital Speedomoter / Corbin Seat / Works Performance Shock / braided brake lines / fake pezzo levers / integrated mirror+turn signals / gps power cord + ram mount / heated grips. / Heat troller for winter gear Fairing repair tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by 250R-ICE View Post
    Here are some top speed samples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtoekr-6zXY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fLm7kGuHxI

There are numerous videos where others have taken the bike over 180 km/h. But 175 km/h seems about the average top speed for a bike that hasn't been modded. Factory specs.
    Are any of these "numerous" vid's showing anything other than the dream o' meter? Cause if the 250 goes 175 then my R1 does an honest 300 (not).

Where the sun don't shine (Toronto, you nasty)

Quote Originally Posted by Kokla View Post
    Ya'll be ninja riders.

Anyways...

lawls at 250 riders.

lol, gtfo

Quote Originally Posted by Snobike Mike View Post
    Are any of these "numerous" vid's showing anything other than the dream o' meter? Cause if the 250 goes 175 then my R1 does an honest 300 (not).
    Why is that hard to believe?
    the cbr 600rr goes (from what I've read) about 240km/h top speed stock
    the 1000rr gets to about 280km/h stock.
    so for that extra 400cc you get +40km/h

clearly though there's more advantages than just top speed when dealing with larger engines.
    Engine size is compensation for tiny odometers. // You either drag knee in -3 or pose in 20.
    2001 ex500 420+ km on a single tank. Mods: Digital Speedomoter / Corbin Seat / Works Performance Shock / braided brake lines / fake pezzo levers / integrated mirror+turn signals / gps power cord + ram mount / heated grips. / Heat troller for winter gear Fairing repair tutorial

The Ninja 250 won't do 175km/hr. It tops out at about 160 with an average sized rider on it. The speedo is pretty inaccurate at that range and is easily out by 10km/hr. If someone sits down and does the math I'm pretty sure you'll find that its theoretical top speed (redline in 6th) will probably work out to about 170 but it's not going to do it with a rider on board.

When I had my 08 I could just barely get it to hit 165 indicated and I'm about 180lbs.
    2005 Kawasaki z750s
    1980 Yamasaki ZXS650 "Lunatic Fringe"

Instructor for www.learningcurves.ca

Quote Originally Posted by fyrebug View Post

clearly though there's more advantages than just top speed when dealing with larger engines.
    There's? Like what?

Quote Originally Posted by mxs View Post
    There's? Like what?
    like... acceleration?
    were you being sarcastic?

I weigh 115 lbs and I got it to do...never mind.

(I love you, Littlest Ninja).

Quote Originally Posted by Norge View Post
    "yeahhh, i just puked in my mouth" lol
    agreed, i think the bike looks like ****... aesthetically. but from a mechanical perspective, i would choose it over the kawi any day just because of fuel injection. no standing around praying for bike to start on a cooler day (like the kawi 250s seem to be notorious for).
    2008 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2009 Triumph Street Triple
    2007 Yamaha YZF-R6
    2004 Yamaha YZ-125
    2002 Yamaha TTR-225
    2001 Yamaha TTR-125L

The funny part of people who question if a 250 can go on highways. They are the same people who drive civics. Civics can go on highways too! LOL

My ZZR250 loves the highways!

Quote Originally Posted by insert View Post
    agreed, i think the bike looks like ****... aesthetically. but from a mechanical perspective, i would choose it over the kawi any day just because of fuel injection. no standing around praying for bike to start on a cooler day (like the kawi 250s seem to be notorious for).
    I just rode home its 2 degrees, feels like -2 on my Kawi 250r...no standing around no praying. my bike was parked for over 5 hours so not like it was still warm. Quit hating, I'm sure you'd ride the Honda over the Kawi but what if you had to own it?? It looks like sh*t like you pointed out.