Is this really the best time to buy a bike? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is this really the best time to buy a bike?

Re: Is this really the best time to buy a bike?

Quote Originally Posted by Margucci View Post
    they were selling them for $3995. then tax, misc charges, plates, sticker, tank of gas, etc came to $5038. i looked around at other dealerships and they were starting them at $4500 before taxes any everything. i thought it was a good deal. i do find it difficult to believe that they were going for $3100 though.
    No really...thats what the sales guy offered. I was looking at gsxr 600, he mentioned some other bikes were on sale too... guess they lie to people and charge random prices. I found newmarket of suzuki to look like crooks, especially that guy with a mustache and long hair, looked like a con artist. In any case, how do you enjoy your bike?

yea my bad. i did get the extra 2 years. i figured that it was my first bike and all so might as well.

i havent picked it up yet. im pickit it up march 20th (cant wait!) so i dont have to pay insurance over the winter. i know fire and theft isnt exactly expensive but a few dollars here a few dollars there. why not if they can keep it there for free.

I love it. You are going to love it in the spring. I have been out almost every day since I have bought it. I feel very comfortable on it. It is a great deal. Considering the MRSP is $8300. If anything happens I can replace it with something at that price. Not to mention used ones a few years older cost more than $4000. The Ninja 250r even costs more. Everyone I know that rides is saying it is an amazing deal. Mind you it is obviously because the bike is not in demand. I don't really care about that though. Really happy about getting it as my first bike
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

Glad you guys enjoy it.. I like the looks of it also minus the instruments... But overall good bike.

i would have loved as GS500E but they stopped making those in '09. i love the look of the 500 naked.

Yea, I haven't seen it naked but I bet it loosk better
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

Quote Originally Posted by Margucci View Post
    yea my bad. i did get the extra 2 years. i figured that it was my first bike and all so might as well.

i havent picked it up yet. im pickit it up march 20th (cant wait!) so i dont have to pay insurance over the winter. i know fire and theft isnt exactly expensive but a few dollars here a few dollars there. why not if they can keep it there for free.
    fyi, back when the huge son-hater thread was going full speed, there were stories about supposedly 'stored' or 'crated' bikes that people bought suddenly appearing at the winter bike shows for everyone to sit and slobber on. . .

don't know if that still happens, or they've stopped, but i was in a position a few years back to buy a bike from son around this time of the year, was offered a similar 'storage' option, and didn't pull the trigger.

again, not saying that it will happen to you, just be wary

im going to both shows in the GTA before i pick it up. i will look at the demos they have there and compare the VIN. also, if its any consolation they didnt offer storage i asked for it. thanks for the heads up.