Aprilia RS250 - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aprilia RS250

Re: Aprilia RS250

That's my street bike Aprilia RS 250 , as well as a Honda NSR 250. Good luck with your search!

Quote Originally Posted by 2stroker View Post
    That's my street bike Aprilia RS 250 , as well as a Honda NSR 250. Good luck with your search!
    Really?!?!?
    2007 Yamaha R6
    2009 Yamaha FZ6R - Sold

Just found this site, & thats my TZR-535 link to photo shoot:-
    http://s695.photobucket.com/albums/v...oot/?start=all

I have also made all the carbon fibre parts for the Aprilia RS250:-
    http://s695.photobucket.com/albums/v...t=DSCF2097.jpg

Sorry but I dont know how to post photos yet, hence the links.

Best of luck

Best regards
    Last edited by Peddrotzr; 01-19-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: additional link

How are they a hassle to maintain? My rz350 was my first bike and it has over 70,000km on the clock, just ran good oil kept carbs clean and kept all the other parts on the bike in good condition, same deal as on a 4 stroke!

Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    short story...they're a hassle to maintain, long story...i don't know.

I know someone in alberta who managed to get a new one titled and on the street. Basically he bought the bike as a track only package, ordered the wiring harness and all the lights and everything he needed to make it road going from europe, then went to the ministry and had them title it. There's no e-testing for motorcycles so if you can get them to title the thing and give you a plate you're laughing.

Now the whole trick is to get the ministry to title the bike as ON road not OFF road. Not sure how that would go over with the ontario ministry.

A 2 stroke will never again be legal for road use in north america. Simply put they burn oil as part of their design. No good.
    Driving a cage is to have sanity forced upon you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasted View Post
    Really?!?!?
    Yes, really. Lots of fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyFoe View Post
    I know someone in alberta who managed to get a new one titled and on the street. Basically he bought the bike as a track only package, ordered the wiring harness and all the lights and everything he needed to make it road going from europe, then went to the ministry and had them title it. There's no e-testing for motorcycles so if you can get them to title the thing and give you a plate you're laughing.

Now the whole trick is to get the ministry to title the bike as ON road not OFF road. Not sure how that would go over with the ontario ministry.

You can title 2 piece of wood tied together in Alberta, it won't happen in Ontario.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    You can title 2 piece of wood tied together in Alberta, it won't happen in Ontario.
    I remember when the 2 stroke Suzuki 250 (track bike with lights) was licensed in the late 90's? I take it the rules have changed yet again.
    It's understanding that makes it possible for a person such as myself to tolerate a person like you.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDogDarren View Post
    I remember when the 2 stroke Suzuki 250 (track bike with lights) was licensed in the late 90's? I take it the rules have changed yet again.
    If the bike was originally designated for street use, it it can be plated and used as such, if not, you are SOL.

Lots of people used to street title(blue plate) MX bikes when they were converted to supermoto config, this can no longer be done(as of 2007)

If you have a bike that was built for off road use, it cannot be converted for street use without breaking the law(not that this is not done)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NEVh...1&feature=plcp Not a conversion, this is my street model with a 17 digit vin.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyFoe View Post

A 2 stroke will never again be legal for road use in north america. Simply put they burn oil as part of their design. No good.
    Never? They better do something about those dirty diesels first.

Quote Originally Posted by 2stroker View Post
    Never? They better do something about those dirty diesels first.
    The dirty diesels are gone. Only clean-diesel's are allowed to be sold nowadays. Apparently (according to VW), they pollute less than Gasoline cars...

now, back on topic....

Are there any RS250s (Challenge) for sale in CANADA or the US?

My eyes have gone blurry from searching. There are a lot available on ebay.it.

Found one in California. It's been licensed since 1996. It's a GP250 replica with only 6700 miles on it. It's rare that it has been licensed for road use since 1996.

I'm completely green at this. The bike is exempt from RIV's admission requirements (15 Year Exemption). I found a bonded company that will ship it door-to-door for me.

Are there any tell-tale signs in the VIN I should look for? (i.e. How would I know if it's Aprilia's VIN, or a DMT generated VIN?)

Quote Originally Posted by SEBBARU View Post
    Found one in California. It's been licensed since 1996. It's a GP250 replica with only 6700 miles on it. It's rare that it has been licensed for road use since 1996.

I'm completely green at this. The bike is exempt from RIV's admission requirements (15 Year Exemption). I found a bonded company that will ship it door-to-door for me.

Are there any tell-tale signs in the VIN I should look for? (i.e. How would I know if it's Aprilia's VIN, or a DMT generated VIN?)
    Sounds like an mk1.
    This site might be able to help with the vin : http://www.vinguard.org/vin.htm

There's been a RS125 and a RS250 down here at the Gap all week. Lovely little bikes. Also a pile of H1s, H2s, RDs and RZs. Haven't seen any water buffalos this year.
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (Street, Many mods)
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (AM SuperBike)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (CDN SuperBike)
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F
    http://www.kingstonriders.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
    There's been a RS125 and a RS250 down here at the Gap all week. Lovely little bikes. Also a pile of H1s, H2s, RDs and RZs. Haven't seen any water buffalos this year.
    There's a bunch of local guys heading down today... would have went with the TZR if I could afford the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
    I guess I'm not "down with the lingo" (spoken like the nerdy white guy that I am...lol)

Where is the Gap?

Question NEW RS125 in Ontario???

Here's a link to a "NEW" 2009 Aprilia RS125 for sale on Kijiji.

And another link to the posting on the company's own website.

Question #1: When was the sale of new 2-stroke bikes banned in Canada? (This is a "new" 2009 model).
    - I'm waiting for a reply from Gear Head regarding whether this bike can be licensed for street use.

Question #2: Can an RS250 powerplant swap be completed relatively easily with this bike? (i.e. do they share the same chassis?)

Regards,

Seb

Re: NEW RS125 in Ontario???

Quote Originally Posted by SEBBARU View Post
    Here's a link to a "NEW" 2009 Aprilia RS125 for sale on Kijiji.

And another link to the posting on the company's own website.

Question #1: When was the sale of new 2-stroke bikes banned in Canada? (This is a "new" 2009 model).
    - I'm waiting for a reply from Gear Head regarding whether this bike can be licensed for street use.

Question #2: Can an RS250 powerplant swap be completed relatively easily with this bike? (i.e. do they share the same chassis?)
    From what I remember, Gearhead used to sell the "street kit" (extra wire harness and lights?) as well... think it ran in the neighbourhood of 1k.

Not sure about getting the 250 engine fitting in, but you'd have to swap the swingarm as well, since the 125 has the chain run on the right hand side.

Re: NEW RS125 in Ontario???

250 engine wont fit without some serious mods, chassis is different as well as swingarm.

Thought id add my old baby to this mix. Oh and thats an rvf400 next to it.

Not the best bike to 2up with as the seat was just a chunk of hard rubber and you had to rev it to 7k+ to take off at the lights with a passenger on board. However, every girl i ever had on the back LOVED the thing...
    Last edited by DownUnder; 05-04-2012 at 04:04 PM.
    I plan on leaving this world the same way i came in...... Bloody and screaming.