Hey folks, Just had a minor incident around a streetcar track. (Changing lanes and I fishtailed and dropped bike) Biggest injury is a sprained wrist and a bruised ego- thank god I was wearing full gear as road rash would have been not so fun!
I must say, I try my best to avoid those tracks on rainy days, but this morning, it was probably due to some humidity. Personally I would prefer to avoid the tracks altogether or cross them perpendicularly whenever possible; but there are instances where I have no choice but to merge in or out of a streetcar track. I've handled them 1000's of times before, but this once it caught me by surprise!
So I am wondering what you guys (and gals) do to minimize the danger around streetcar tracks. Are there better ways than others to cross them when you are parallel to the tracks?
On a side note- is there a bike towing company that anyone recommends? The bike is downtown at the moment, and needs to get to Bathurst and front. I would normally call TO cycle, but since they are on the other side of town, I though to look more local.