2011 cbr 250

Thoughts?

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne...-honda-cbr250/

Not sure if its coming to Canada

Banned

Re: 2011 cbr 250

there is already a thread on this.

Didn't show this new information, though.

And ... I spy an ABS sensor ring on that bike.

Wow that can is not proportioned to the bike....

still looks small though. The Ninja looks better IMHO

I love the wheels - a throw back to the old CBR250RR and NSR's. I don't think it looks bad at all. Wonder how it will stack up against the Ninja 250R. Hopefully it comes to Canada. These low CC bikes provide younger people to opportunity to get into the hobby/sport of motorcycling.

2001 CBR600F4i
    1992 CBR250RR

Looks like the Ninja has a slight advantage on HP/ Weight ratio. Plus the Ninja has a 18 l tank vs 13 l. The bikes weigh in at almost the same weight. I wonder if the extra fuel capacity (5 Litres) that the Ninja has accounts for the extra 5 kg.
    But it's still good to see more companies making smaller CC sporty bikes... Even though I prefer the Ninja , I still hope Honda does well with this model. Maybe we can start seeing more bikes in the 250 cc - 500 cc range.

"The all-new single cylinder CBR250R makes 26bhp from the new liquid-cooled, four-stroke, four-valve single cylinder engine, and weighs 162kg fully-fuelled and ready to ride, compared to the Ninja 250R’s claimed figures of 32.2bhp and 169kg."

paint scheme looks like the 80's...and kawi already have a 250 out...as for performance, wouldn't know unless i rode one since it looks like the engine and power delivery might be quite different...honda shoulda gone 350 to up the anty a little, since that would sit nice between 125 and 600...meh, not interested...

Honda has announced it is bringing the CBR250R to Canada. The all-new lightweight sport bike will give fans of Honda's popular CBR125R a chance to step up to double the displacement without having to renounce their brand loyalty for Kawasaki's Ninja 250R.

The CBR250R's single cylinder 249.4 cc liquid-cooled, fuel injected, 4-valve DOHC motor claims 26 hp and 17 lb-ft of torque and is cradled in a diamond twin-spar steel frame suspended by 37 mm fork and a single linkage-type rear shock. Wheels are 17-inch, with 110/70 front and 140/70 rear tires, while braking comes from a single 296 mm front disc coupled with a twin-piston caliper and a 220 mm rear disc with a single-piston caliper.

At 161kg (wet), the base model weighs in at 9kg lighter than the Ninja 250R and if you opt for ABS (which you should) you'll add another 4kg to the bike—still undercutting the Kawasaki.

Pricing is TBD but Honda says the CBR250R will hit Canadian showrooms this spring in red/silver or black.

Last edited by rg0r; 10-27-2010 at 02:32 PM.

http://powersports.honda.com/2011/cbr250r.aspx

Already on US website... if the price is right, might pick this thing up as a commuter bike, even though it still looks weird.

Quote Originally Posted by rg0r View Post
    Honda has announced it is bringing the CBR250R to Canada. The all-new lightweight sport bike will give fans of Honda's popular CBR125R a chance to step up to double the displacement without having to renounce their brand loyalty for Kawasaki's Ninja 250R.

The CBR250R's single cylinder 249.4 cc liquid-cooled, fuel injected, 4-valve DOHC motor claims 26 hp and 17 lb-ft of torque and is cradled in a diamond twin-spar steel frame suspended by 37 mm fork and a single linkage-type rear shock. Wheels are 17-inch, with 110/70 front and 140/70 rear tires, while braking comes from a single 296 mm front disc coupled with a twin-piston caliper and a 220 mm rear disc with a single-piston caliper.

At 161kg (wet), the base model weighs in at 9kg lighter than the Ninja 250R and if you opt for ABS (which you should) you'll add another 4kg to the bike—still undercutting the Kawasaki.

Pricing is TBD but Honda says the CBR250R will hit Canadian showrooms this spring in red/silver or black.
    Do you have a link to your source??

If they are bringing this bike to Canada, AND they're gonna replace the ongoing CBR125 to this bike for the CBR challenge. I will buy this in a heart beat!

Nice, finally some competition for the ninja 250
    len = len + 20; /* add some buffer */

Sure... Enjoy the read:

http://www.cyclecanadaweb.com/articles/9443/

If this is selling for around 5k, I will get one, if close to 6k forget it. Not worth the money.

IMO Honda should have made a 400cc version of this bike... 250 is a bit low, can barely go on the hi way. But hey! whos complaining, at least they finally listened to the riders. Nice to see some small displacement engines!.

Quote Originally Posted by takashi11 View Post
    Do you have a link to your source??

If they are bringing this bike to Canada, AND they're gonna replace the ongoing CBR125 to this bike for the CBR challenge. I will buy this in a heart beat!
    Can't beat the 10 year olds on the 125? Loose some weight or there's always the sv...

Thanks for the link

I reckon it would be near the 6K region msrp being fuel injected. Maybe more? I remember the CBR125 costing more than what the kawi 250s were selling back when it first came out.

Hey anytime... Yes I have a feeling you are right... close to 6k, which is not right. When you can get a real bike for a little bet more. Don't let Honda take advantage of us! Let them know we are not willing to pay extra just because its a Honda... This bike is still made in Thailand... which quality imo sucks (speaking from experience on the cbr125r) If it was made in Japan, it would be a different story..

Oh well, still happy to see something new from Honda (even though they should have been updating the 600RR !)

Quote Originally Posted by moosh009 View Post
    Can't beat the 10 year olds on the 125? Loose some weight or there's always the sv...
    I am just amazed at how one set of tires can last almost the entire season on the cbr challenge. And yeah...need to lose some serious weight to beat 80lb 10 year old riders. The 250 should make the racing a bit closer? wouldn't it?

I'm in for any series that won't destroy my bank on tire cost. And yes! the SV is what I am stepping up to. ~ But those riders in the CBR challenge gets so much support from Honda. And they're all having so much fun at events like Honda Indy.

I would imagine that in the first year they'll charge an arm and a leg for this. Why? Because people will pay (just like the cbr125). The market will fix this shortly (as with the 125). You'll be able to pick them up used for a good price in no time, as there are lots of people who won't be happy until they are on a liter bike. In the end, it should be good for the customer in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by takashi11 View Post
    I am just amazed at how one set of tires can last almost the entire season on the cbr challenge. And yeah...need to lose some serious weight to beat 80lb 10 year old riders. The 250 should make the racing a bit closer? wouldn't it?

I'm in for any series that won't destroy my bank on tire cost. And yes! the SV is what I am stepping up to. ~ But those riders in the CBR challenge gets so much support from Honda. And they're all having so much fun at events like Honda Indy.
    I don't think (not sure) that the CBR125 cup was originally meant for adults. I think they allowed this as an after-thought because there were alot of willing participants or not enough entries with that restriction. If you don't weight <100lbs, you have no chance on the 125, but I think the class still has a place for people to start off on the cheap. Maybe they should have weight categories?

Yeah !! a weight category would be a great idea! I would buy a CBR125 for that even! lol They're sold pretty cheap at one point in BC for like $2000. + the race package...forgot the price...but should come under $4000. Great for a fun little toy during summer.

But back to the CBR250 yes I agree! the first year is unlikely going to be cheap. It is a step in the right direction IMO as well. I support any advancement that would bring more people to our community