i've got no home for my bike next year

Thread: i've got no home for my bike next year

i've got no home for my bike next year

i can't store my bike in my parents garage anymore (it gives them too much grief especially since having them see me after my last accident). I'm not quite ready at this stage of my life to buy my own house with a garage, just not that responsible yet .

Anyone wanna make $70 a month (this was what I was paying my folks) to store my bike from May to October 2011? I would need full access to the garage, and it would need to be somewhere in the GTA preferably close to Richmond Hill.
    For sale, 2007 Aprilia SXV 450 Supermoto
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...prilia-sxv-450

Re: i've got no home for my bike next year

Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    i can't store my bike in my parents garage anymore (it gives them too much grief especially since having them see me after my last accident). I'm not quite ready at this stage of my life to buy my own house with a garage, just not that responsible yet .

Anyone wanna make $70 a month (this was what I was paying my folks) to store my bike from May to October 2011? I would need full access to the garage, and it would need to be somewhere in the GTA preferably close to Richmond Hill.
    No offense meant, but if you can swing a mortgage on a house, or a townhouse with a garage, then i'd say go for it. Nothing induces responsibility and refocuses your attention to what is important,than paying that twice monthly mortgage payment down. The earlier you get into the home ownership game, the better off you are in the long run.

Why pay someone else's mortgage off with rent in someone else's pocket, AND rent to someone for storage on top of that. No net gain going on there. If you qualify, then get that mortgage going, get responsible, and that storage comes as a bonus to your living accomodations, not on top of all of your other expenses, like it is now?

I damn well wish i could have afforded to jump in earlier myself .. it was finances, not responsibility holding me back.. now that i got it, i can get anything that i can bloody well pack into the garage, the basement, the living room... you aren't limited by the goodwill of others.
    '99 Suzuki Bandit 1200 - '88 Hannigan Comet chair

at $70 a month, can't you just rent a storage space at one of those U-Store-It places?

Edit:

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...public-storage
    Last edited by Splash; 10-27-2010 at 07:13 AM.
    "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

01001001 00100111 01100100 00100000 01010010
    01100001 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010
    00100000 01000010 01100101 00100000 01010010
    01101001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111

you really expect someone you don't really know to give you full access to their garage for $70/h?

Quote Originally Posted by Splash View Post
    at $70 a month, can't you just rent a storage space at one of those U-Store-It places?

Edit:

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...public-storage
    +1, Get a storage space, your lock and 24 hour access.
    -----------------------------------------
    2006 FZ6
    2005 DL1000
    2005 Vulcan 500 - Sold

Well if I knew you....

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    you really expect someone you don't really know to give you full access to their garage for $70/h?
    no he expects it for $70/month
    2008 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2009 Triumph Street Triple
    2007 Yamaha YZF-R6
    2004 Yamaha YZ-125
    2002 Yamaha TTR-225
    2001 Yamaha TTR-125L

Quote Originally Posted by Riceburner View Post
    Well if I knew you....
    if i knew you, you could store it in my garage next to my bike for free as long as you like.

try here:
    http://www.selfstor.ca/index.php/sel...mond-hill.html ...
    they'll offer some discounts if you pre-pay for 6 months.

$70 a month, sure i'm in Richmond Hill. I'll give you my garage key and even house key where you will have access to my bike there to take for a spin from time to time... Actually $70 is a little high.. why don't you come and access my entire place for free?

Riding alone? Look my profile up for our FB link to join us for rides!

realistically, i think a storage unit will be your only option, unless you have a friend that is willing to lend you space.
    the only problem with storage units is that you cant work on bike in there, and from what it sounds like, you want access for working on winter projects. additionally, if you stored it at someones house i doubt they would feel comfortable leaving with someone in their garage, so they would have to stay around while you worked on your projects. if instead they kicked you out every time they were leaving and you were halfway through something you would get annoyed. the arrangement just wouldnt work.

talk it over with you parents, find a friend, buy a house. those are the three options that would work best for you.
    2008 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2009 Triumph Street Triple
    2007 Yamaha YZF-R6
    2004 Yamaha YZ-125
    2002 Yamaha TTR-225
    2001 Yamaha TTR-125L

PM sent!
    2005 ZX6R-current-fast

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Bill View Post
    No offense meant, but if you can swing a mortgage on a house, or a townhouse with a garage, then i'd say go for it. Nothing induces responsibility and refocuses your attention to what is important,than paying that twice monthly mortgage payment down. The earlier you get into the home ownership game, the better off you are in the long run.

Why pay someone else's mortgage off with rent in someone else's pocket, AND rent to someone for storage on top of that. No net gain going on there. If you qualify, then get that mortgage going, get responsible, and that storage comes as a bonus to your living accomodations, not on top of all of your other expenses, like it is now?

I damn well wish i could have afforded to jump in earlier myself .. it was finances, not responsibility holding me back.. now that i got it, i can get anything that i can bloody well pack into the garage, the basement, the living room... you aren't limited by the goodwill of others.
    No offense taken

I have 50k saved up, i'm not quite there yet financially speaking anyways. I am looking to buy a property over this winter but not to live in. Aside from that, I have my reasons for not looking for a house to live in at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    At $70/h i'd expect MUCH more service than just storage

Quote Originally Posted by jailbreak View Post
    $70 a month, sure i'm in Richmond Hill. I'll give you my garage key and even house key where you will have access to my bike there to take for a spin from time to time... Actually $70 is a little high.. why don't you come and access my entire place for free?
    Easy there friend, self-storage units can be had for a little over $100/month. I simply thought that there would be a person or two out there could use a hand with their rent and wouldn't mind lending a little space out.

Quote Originally Posted by insert View Post
    realistically, i think a storage unit will be your only option, unless you have a friend that is willing to lend you space.
    the only problem with storage units is that you cant work on bike in there, and from what it sounds like, you want access for working on winter projects. additionally, if you stored it at someones house i doubt they would feel comfortable leaving with someone in their garage, so they would have to stay around while you worked on your projects. if instead they kicked you out every time they were leaving and you were halfway through something you would get annoyed. the arrangement just wouldnt work.

talk it over with you parents, find a friend, buy a house. those are the three options that would work best for you.
    Yup, sounds like it. I have a friend willing to lend me space over in the stouffville area, I was just trying to nail a place a little closer to home.
    For sale, 2007 Aprilia SXV 450 Supermoto
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...prilia-sxv-450