Dealership (Brake Fluid Flush / Just bought Bike) Question - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dealership (Brake Fluid Flush / Just bought Bike) Question

Re: Dealership (Brake Fluid Flush / Just bought Bike) Question

Quote Originally Posted by blink View Post
    They're filled with brake fluid before they go into the crates? I thought the dealer put that in
    Yes they're filled with every fluid before the bike is considered done. Then some guy in the factory jumps on the bike and rides it like he stole it to do the quality assurance check and make sure everything is working.

Quote Originally Posted by joeboo View Post
    Yes they're filled with every fluid before the bike is considered done. Then some guy in the factory jumps on the bike and rides it like he stole it to do the quality assurance check and make sure everything is working.
    Doesn't it complicate things to ship it with fuel inside? Wouldn't that make it hazardous goods and add a whole extra level of paperwork and processing?
    There is no planet B.

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    Doesn't it complicate things to ship it with fuel inside? Wouldn't that make it hazardous goods and add a whole extra level of paperwork and processing?
    Not too sure what to say. there probably is a maximum quantity of fuel thats allowed in the tank. I know cars ship with fuel in them. But I do know they have to be filled with fuel at the factory and the fuel lines purged to make sure it runs and there is no fuel leaks.