Out in Port Hope today, I was enjoying the scenery and riding around some country-ish backroads. Came across a gravel road, which I was able to navigate my way back out of without incident. Went down a different, paved road, and decided I wanted to pull back around and check out a different road; made a quick U-turn, and before I knew it, I was on the ground.

I'm experienced enough to know better, but I hadn't been paying attention to the sides of the road. There was quite a bit of (deep) gravel/dirt on the shoulders, and my rear wheel had nothing to grip, so the bike flipped on its left side, my leg breaking the fall (but not the fall breaking my leg, thankfully, heh.) Had my saddlebags on at the time, so those also broke the fall for the rear end.

Left fairing's got some nasty scratches and a crack (damnit! right where I cracked it the first time, too), broke the front-left turn signal but was able to patch that up. What got me was that my shifter pedal somehow flipped over backwards, resting on top of my foot peg -- I was able to get that resolved, thankfully, or else I would've been stuck until help could get there.

My 2nd time down, and again not in traffic, for which I am very thankful.