wear proper gear when stunting.... - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: wear proper gear when stunting....

Re: wear proper gear when stunting....

Yes its better, because when you feel like your going to high you just feather the brake and it will bring it back down...Without that you loop out and this is the outcome.

Back in the day before I learned back brake control I used to wheelie like that with my right foot off the peg, then I looped a wheelie. And decided to learn it, now its 2nd nature to cover the brake and use it to control the wheelies

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    No way, I never wear any gear and have gone down many times in just a Tshirt.
    Wow. so many things wrong with that statement.

That is high speed rash, 100+ IMO. Watch the video they are passing cars on the highway like they are standing still...
    yes, but i didn't see video of the actual crash. the fact they were going that fast in the vdeo doesn't mean that's how fast he was going when he crashed.

moot point for this particular discussion, since he's since stated he was doing 120-150. but not 220.
    1972 Triumph Daytona
    1978 XS650 Standard (Now with more cc's and an uneven firing order!)
    2010 BMW K73

Whats wrong with it? Your not my mother so I can dress myself thank you...The point was I have experiene with rash and crashing with no gear...And from that experience I could tell that was an over 100Km/h crash to get that kind of rash...220 was an exaggeration...Saying 60 could cause that serve rash, just shows you dont have much experienve with road rash

Maybe if you were dragged by a rope at 60 for 120 feet lol
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 10-22-2010 at 01:18 PM.

Any speed can hurt you. Once the snow is gone put on the shorts and tshirt, run as fast as you can down the road and take a dive. Having gear on does not take away from the show.

Pops

Holy pow pows batman

Quote Originally Posted by cjones View Post
    Karma did that to you cause you wore a tank top
    I herd the tank top is for extra speed?
    Born 2 Ride

Stunting section is for lots not highways.......surprised the powers that be at gtam have'nt yanked that video yet?! Btw slow those wheelies down or hot tub time machine your way back to 1995! ; )
    It is what it is...

I have a black belt in anger!

hope buddy on the red r1 rocks a handbrake cause i see that nice bike going for parts in the near future
    nothing wrong with wearing a tshirt while riding, riding power wheelies at 200km/h and not covering the brake is deadly
    not hating just saying

Quote Originally Posted by You Know View Post
    Stunting section is for lots not highways.......surprised the powers that be at gtam have'nt yanked that video yet?! Btw slow those wheelies down or hot tub time machine your way back to 1995! ; )
    I was thinking the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by You Know View Post
    Ditto on that. Regardless, anyone in this day and age who still posts videos of themselves acting like morons on public roads is a prime candidate for a Darwin award... and I'm all for thinning out the gene pool. Unfortunately the rest of us still have to pay the insurance penalty... and that's the real tragedy...

insurance has nothing to do with the people riding like goofs insurance has to do with the ontario government not dealing with it

there is no need to be calling names... if you dont like the post then dont read it, just move on, i dont think i asked anyone about what they thought, just wanted to share that **** happenes regarless of how good you think you are, and its best to be prepared at all times.

And, insurance has noting to do with it, stop your complaining about other causing you premiums to go up... INS companies just want to screw you and they get away with it cause we don’t make a stink with the local government about the premiums.... how come they pay less in Quebec and there are more bikers in Quebec then Ontario?

Plus, when you been riding as much as some others like myself, there is no joy just cruzin in the highways at posted speeds... I remember how exited I used to get when I see a motorcycle come by the car and pop a wheelie... its something to give back for those who enjoy it and the thrill of it for the rider itself.
    La pista era la tua arena, sei morto come un gladiatore. RIP SuperSic #58

oh **** that sucks

i cant beleive you would even endanger the lives of so many others on the highway riding like ********. one of you guys will slam into the back of my car killing my kids.
    OP: your post is good....wear your gear! i ride in full leathers.... however your post should have said:
    dont stunt on public roads ! not wear your coat when your doin 150 on one wheel! flame me all you want but you and your buddys are all idots for riding like that.
    I love pulling people like you over. you wont be able to ride a bike again with all the fines I give you.
    i have seen soo much motorcycle death on my watch...that could have been avoided.
    please dont ride like an ******* anymore...you will end up dead or killing someone

btw

HI everyone first post lol

On the weekend I saw a friend of mine loop a sit down wheelie at 120km/h in a Tshirt and shorts, it was around +30 but felt more like +40. A nice lady ran out of the bar he crashed in front of with a bottle of JB over proof rum, he poured it over his rash and was on his way back to the hotel to rest up. Stupid as it may seem to some of you, I know he still wont wear a jacket or pants next time.

Someone over there told us "scars are tattoos with better stories, so lets go out and get some ****ing tattoos"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    On the weekend I saw a friend of mine loop a sit down wheelie at 120km/h in a Tshirt and shorts, it was around +30 but felt more like +40. A nice lady ran out of the bar he crashed in front of with a bottle of JB over proof rum, he poured it over his rash and was on his way back to the hotel to rest up. Stupid as it may seem to some of you, I know he still wont wear a jacket or pants next time.

Someone over there told us "scars are tattoos with better stories, so lets go out and get some ****ing tattoos"
    cool story.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncat View Post
    i cant beleive you would even endanger the lives of so many others on the highway riding like ********. one of you guys will slam into the back of my car killing my kids.
    OP: your post is good....wear your gear! i ride in full leathers.... however your post should have said:
    dont stunt on public roads ! not wear your coat when your doin 150 on one wheel! flame me all you want but you and your buddys are all idots for riding like that.
    I love pulling people like you over. you wont be able to ride a bike again with all the fines I give you.
    i have seen soo much motorcycle death on my watch...that could have been avoided.
    please dont ride like an ******* anymore...you will end up dead or killing someone

Easy there pistol Pete, becareful your pen might run out of ink! lol

The video is from long time ago and just wanted to share since it was in stunting section... I or we dont do **** like that anymore, cause we now have way too much to live for and pay...btw... my injuries had nothing to do with that video it was just ment to be shared so people dont neglect wearing gear when riding.

btw.. its a good way to make friends with your first post.
    La pista era la tua arena, sei morto come un gladiatore. RIP SuperSic #58

Quote Originally Posted by carboncat View Post
    cool story.
    Better then yours cry baby, go give out some tickets and make yourself feel big....

good stuff ! glad you have grown up !
    the world needs to see pics like that. thanks.