wear proper gear when stunting....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wear proper gear when stunting....

wear proper gear when stunting....

For all those who like to stunt specially high speed wheelies be sure to wear your gear, regardless of how good you think you are.... this is what happened to me and i tought it will never happen, but to tell you the truth i always wear my gear, at least my jacket, the one day that it is too hot and u decided to wear a tang top is the day **** goes down.

here is video of me and my friends...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00596.JPG   DSC00581.JPG   DSC00587.JPG  

Re: wear proper gear when stunting....

Man that's nasty!! It always sucks when u gotta learn the hard way!! What went wrong exactly??

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer4Me View Post
    here is video of me and my friends...
    Engage Turbo Boost in 3... 2... 1...
    Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    My neurosurgeon said "If I had 9 lives, I've used up 8"... when I showed up to one of my post accident follow up appointments on my new bike, he looked at it out the window and said "Remember, what I told you about your 9 lives? ... that'll use up the last one!"

That's a lot of body surface area. Are they recommending a skin graft? BTW you probably scraped off all the sweat glands, so you might feel hotter when you heal over.

Were you wearing any gloves at all?

hope the pain goes away soon

question is..............will your friends LEARN from what you went through?

AGATT
    I ride hard & fast on street and track.....get the right advice @ Riders Choice .......I dive deep with The Dive Academy in Oakville.....come dive with us

Well so much for eating breakfast while catching up on my GTAM this morning YUCK!

Im happy to say Im pretty sure my bike doesnt even go fast enough to get rash like that. you must have been doing like 220

that sux
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/strictlye/signature.jpg

Well just wanted to make sure this does not happen to anyone else, it was the most excruciating pain you can imagine, and luckily I did not break a bone… so please wear your gear.

Thanks for the wishes, I have recovered most of the skin without any grafting… but I will have scars for rest of my life especially on the butt cheeks…. Well I guess its good story telling.

i was wearing jeans, tank top, and Astar gloves short style none leather material.

i was wearing jeans, tank top, and Astar gloves short style none leather material.
    Karma did that to you cause you wore a tank top

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Well so much for eating breakfast while catching up on my GTAM this morning YUCK!

Im happy to say Im pretty sure my bike doesnt even go fast enough to get rash like that. you must have been doing like 220
    Not really. With only a tank top, he could have being going as slow as 60. Looks like he slid on his back, with his hands down. Doesn't take much to start grinding layers off.
    1972 Triumph Daytona
    1978 XS650 Standard (Now with more cc's and an uneven firing order!)
    2010 BMW K73

Quote Originally Posted by cjones View Post
    Karma did that to you cause you wore a tank top
    perhaps, cause i always wear a jacket,, and my speed was between 120-150

man, that sucks... not sure story telling makes that worth while...

Quote Originally Posted by Sundie View Post
    Not really. With only a tank top, he could have being going as slow as 60. Looks like he slid on his back, with his hands down. Doesn't take much to start grinding layers off.
    No way, I never wear any gear and have gone down many times in just a Tshirt. That is high speed rash, 100+ IMO. Watch the video they are passing cars on the highway like they are standing still...
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 10-21-2010 at 04:05 PM.

Well just wanted to make sure this does not happen to anyone else, it was the most excruciating pain you can imagine, and luckily I did not break a bone… so please wear your gear.

Thanks for the wishes, I have recovered most of the skin without any grafting… but I will have scars for rest of my life especially on the butt cheeks…. Well I guess its good story telling.
    That sucks, your skin is never going to feel the same. I had some rash like that on my back from when I crashed at 120, and my jacket pulled up exposing my back a little. Its only maybe %20 the surface area of yours and its always itchy and uncomfortable years later...

You are very lucky thou, at that speed things could have been much worse...Heal up, slow down, think about possibly practicing off the highways. None of you guys in the video are using back brake control...

BTW how exactly did you crash? Did you loop it?

Haha wasaga runs.. i recognize the woodbidge crew..

Ya but johnny... i think your different wen i comes to crashing, u have like rubber in ur body.. i can second the fact he gets minor damage..
    he is Gumbi this guy..
    ftp

Quote Originally Posted by ics_dunnon1 View Post
    Haha wasaga runs.. i recognize the woodbidge crew..

Ya but johnny... i think your different wen i comes to crashing, u have like rubber in ur body.. i can second the fact he gets minor damage..
    he is Gumbi this guy..
    Well it looks like he has some of the same Gumbi genes, cause with that amount of rash Id expect something broken. Rubber bones FTW!

lol i would say soo.. those r high speed, i guess its 3rd gear on a 1000, toppin that gear out is easy 200km\hr.. from wat i can remember? some serious slide there, but he didnt crash in the vid soo, maybe 2nd he said 120km
    all the best to ya man.. thnx for not showin the *** shots..
    ftp

That sux. How did your knee come out? Pics?
    Resident Loudmouth

Not saying I can ride wheelies like that, but isnt it better to have your right foot on the peg so you can cover the rear and rest the left on the seat / passanger peg? The dude on the R1 is doing it the other way around, nice wheelies.. sucks about the rash did you loop it?
    former: 2006 sv650s (sold)
    current: 2009 r6

"You need to stop suckin back the ballserade, to much salt can be toxic."