wear proper gear when stunting.... - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: wear proper gear when stunting....

Re: wear proper gear when stunting....

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    On the weekend I saw a friend of mine loop a sit down wheelie at 120km/h in a Tshirt and shorts, it was around +30 but felt more like +40. A nice lady ran out of the bar he crashed in front of with a bottle of JB over proof rum, he poured it over his rash and was on his way back to the hotel to rest up. Stupid as it may seem to some of you, I know he still wont wear a jacket or pants next time.

Someone over there told us "scars are tattoos with better stories, so lets go out and get some ****ing tattoos"
    The street is not a track, and the huge spectrum of hazards we face every single mile on the street can't be emphasized enough. Bad pavement, oil, sand, gravel, wildlife, blind turns, inattentive cagers...the list goes on and on and on. There are enough hazards that the street itself presents that we sure don't want to add any hazards of our own by "pushing our limits". If we are street riders, the best and most important skills for us to develop are the skills that allow us to forsee and avoid the street's hazards.
    not become one ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Acadian1974 View Post
    Ditto on that. Regardless, anyone in this day and age who still posts videos of themselves acting like morons on public roads is a prime candidate for a Darwin award... and I'm all for thinning out the gene pool.
    Heh.

This video (and subsequent story) would have been torn to shreds on the other bike forums I lurk/participate in (e.g. the Gixxer forums); GTAM is a nicer, more tolerant atmosphere (and it appears as though the OP learnt from his mistakes).
    Peeing in the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by carboncat View Post
    The street is not a track, and the huge spectrum of hazards we face every single mile on the street can't be emphasized enough. Bad pavement, oil, sand, gravel, wildlife, blind turns, inattentive cagers...the list goes on and on and on. There are enough hazards that the street itself presents that we sure don't want to add any hazards of our own by "pushing our limits". If we are street riders, the best and most important skills for us to develop are the skills that allow us to forsee and avoid the street's hazards.
    not become one ourselves.
    You are probably morally right, but some people just want to have fun and do stupid **** on bikes. How boring would the internet be without vidoes of idiots doing stupid ****! Im making some right now

Quote Originally Posted by carboncat View Post
    i cant beleive you would even endanger the lives of so many others on the highway riding like ********. one of you guys will slam into the back of my car killing my kids.
    OP: your post is good....wear your gear! i ride in full leathers.... however your post should have said:
    dont stunt on public roads ! not wear your coat when your doin 150 on one wheel! flame me all you want but you and your buddys are all idots for riding like that.
    I love pulling people like you over. you wont be able to ride a bike again with all the fines I give you.
    i have seen soo much motorcycle death on my watch...that could have been avoided.
    please dont ride like an ******* anymore...you will end up dead or killing someone
    People doing wheelies are the least dangerous on the roads. Instead of wasting your time and OUR tax dollars, you should be going after true idiot drives that hardly ever signal, cut people off, drive slowly in passing lanes, tailgate and the list goes on and on. This is why we have so much crap happening on our roads in the first place, because you guys are wasting your time/resources with useless crap that has no impact on road safety.
    I say "you guys", assuming you're a police officer.

Oh and as far as wearing proper gear goes, in my opinion if you ride a motorcycle without the proper or minimal gear (pants, gloves, jackets, boots and helmets), you're a complete and utter moron.
    Last edited by The Road Warrior; 03-20-2011 at 09:36 AM.