Went for a little tumble

Thread: Went for a little tumble

Went for a little tumble

Riding eastbound on Lakeshore, I was approaching the intersection at Lakeshore/Mohawk. the @sshole cager on the other side just had to wait for me to literally enter the intersection before making his left turn.
    I was in my head "nooooooooo motherf*cker wats wrong with you" grabbed the brakes and started skidding..while skidding I had to avoid t-boning his car and missed his back end by about a foot...and then went down. Slid for a bit and lost the bike on the left side, bike went past me I got up, picked it up assessed the damages. the di*khead had run off already supposedly almost hitting a pedestrian.
    Damages are pretty much the left side fairing is rashed, shift lever bent to s*it, left front signal gone, bar end half scraped off, slight rash on left passenger peg which is whaterver..I can't tell if the handle bars are ever so slightly bent in or if its just in my head.
    Damages to me are to my left knee, I was just wearing jeans and they got ripped and I got rashed and theres a smaller abrasion on my hip. Other than that I'm pretty good, I kept my head off the ground, my jacket took a scuffing to the left arm but did well. I went back to school and got it wrapped up at the health clinic.
    Cagers watch out for them.... Just when you get all comfy you get fu*ked. He was a black little two door miata looking thing.
    Last edited by LoneRonin; 10-19-2010 at 01:53 PM.

Re: Went for a little tumble

Without a plate it's a single vehicle accident and that just sucks. You get nailed both body and bike while that idiot gets away with SFA.

I hope you back on your feet with your bike soon.

Ride Reports and other drivel
    '08 Suzuki DR650E
    '04 Kawasaki KLR 685 (For Sale)
    '05 Honda VFR800a Interceptor (SOLD)

'01 Suzuki Bandit GSF600s (what the deer left of it)
    '94 Suzuki GS500E (SOLD)
    MC Instructor www.LearningCurves.ca

Sorry to hear about the accident...GWS. And, hope the insurance works out OK.

I know that if i were to ever witness something like this happen, i would definitely follow the cager and get the plate at least! common ppl!

sorry yo hear. get well soon.

****** sorry to hear , hope u feel better

two things i learn from this forum: don't avoid the other vehicle, just hit it...and run from the police...do i have this right? i hate hearing about cagers that have no clue and leave the scene...sorry to hear the news, gws...

Quote Originally Posted by GayManLoveIsOK View Post
    two things i learn from this forum: don't avoid the other vehicle, just hit it...and run from the police...do i have this right? i hate hearing about cagers that have no clue and leave the scene...sorry to hear the news, gws...
    I'm with you on that, nobody is getting away without a dent if they are causing me to crash. Increases the odds that they will stop.

hope you will feel better......you have been down.....several roads now....strip that plastic off and go NAKED....
    I ride hard & fast on street and track.....get the right advice @ Riders Choice .......I dive deep with The Dive Academy in Oakville.....come dive with us

GWS bud.
    At least ur bike seems fixable, and ur alright.

GWS and take care of that knee.
    The blues ain't about theory, they's about therapy.

thanks everyone, the knee is all right just sore and stiff which is to be expected. My bikes all stripped down on the left side, I ordered a new shift lever, and managed to put together the indicator from leftovers. Will be be back out as soon as I can comfortably bend my knee and get that shift lever put on. the plastics are at a shop to get fixed and she'll be all pretty again. I'll have a friend with the same bike as me swap them, and see if we feel any difference in the handlebars, visually I can't really tell if its a little off.

Glad you are okay man. Good job on escaping from the car. It could have been a lot worse if you T-boned him..

Riding alone? Look my profile up for our FB link to join us for rides!