Looking for local Penske shock dealers

Thread: Looking for local Penske shock dealers

Looking for local Penske shock dealers

Still debating Penske vs. Elka and trying to get some prices.

I heard Condor Racing services Penske shocks, but their website is under construction with no contact information, and a 411 search comes up with nothing for them. Just wondering if anyone has contact info for them, and / or knows of any other Penske shock dealers / service locations close to the GTA (prefer West end).

I see both Blue Streak Racing and GP Bikes sell Elka's, but the funny thing is I can order this Canadian product from a US dealer and get it to my door (taxes, brokerage, etc. all in) for less than I can get it from a local Canadian retailer.

Re: Looking for local Penske shock dealers

Competition Tire, in Niagara on the Lake, is an authorized Penske dealer. They built the shock for my old VFR800. You would have to contact them for pricing. I dealt with Craig Fairchild.

http://www.ibegin.com/directory/ca/o...d-360-york-rd/

You can order directly from Elka rather than going through a dealer, if you prefer. No idea if it's any cheaper but John Ilkiw, at Elka, is a great guy to deal with. Despite having issues with my own purchase, I would recommend them to anyone. They serviced the hell out of me.

http://www.elkasuspension.com/
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Thanks for the info.

The Elka website shows the same pricing that the Canadian retailers are showing. Only makes sense since they wouldn't want to undercut their dealer network. They, uh, "serviced the hell out of" you did they? Sounds so wrong!

I wouldn't recommend going to Comp tire.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    I wouldn't recommend going to Comp tire.
    Curious. Why? They at least replied to recent emails, whereas Penske USA ignored me completely.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Car suspension and Bike suspension are very different.

Would you take your airplane to a snowmobile mechanic?

Ask them what race teams/riders they're building equipment for?

How many bike shocks do they sell/service?

I can tear down a shock and put it back together by following the instruction set that comes with it pretty simply, but that doesn't mean I know what or why things were being done.

If you're spending the money, get the work done by someone that REALLY knows what they are doing.

Does any know where l can get a penske shock wrench or at least borrow one =(

I love the thing but it got my bike so damn high

Quote Originally Posted by dragenn View Post
    Does any know where l can get a penske shock wrench or at least borrow one =(

I love the thing but it got my bike so damn high

Is your mom/sister/girlfriend/wife hot?

I've got a few of them, gimme your address and I'll send you one.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    Car suspension and Bike suspension are very different.

Would you take your airplane to a snowmobile mechanic?

Ask them what race teams/riders they're building equipment for?

How many bike shocks do they sell/service?

I can tear down a shock and put it back together by following the instruction set that comes with it pretty simply, but that doesn't mean I know what or why things were being done.

If you're spending the money, get the work done by someone that REALLY knows what they are doing.
    Not that I disagree but seems to me that they would be building the shock to the specifications provided by Penske USA (or just trans-shipping one built in the US), and I had no complaints about the shock they built for my VFR. Comp Tire seems to be the only listed Canadian distributor, so the odds are that any shock you buy here came through them.

On the other hand he could just throw his bike in the general direction of Accelerated Technologies and say, "Fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    On the other hand he could just throw his bike in the general direction of Accelerated Technologies and say, "Fix it."
    Or Prostar motorsports, Fast Company, Riders Choice, Pro 6 cycle, Z1 cycle

There are several local options

Got mine recently from Jody at Sportbikesolutions.com in Arizona. Great price. Also he can ship it overnight to Canada at a great rate through me.

I recently went through the debate between Elka and Penske and ended up going with the Penske 8983. I ended up giving my business to Traxxion Dynamics in the US since they have been very helpful for me in terms of advice and they matched the best price I could find on the net.