Another Female Passes The M2! - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Female Passes The M2!

Re: Another Female Passes The M2!

W3lcome!

Riding alone? Look my profile up for our FB link to join us for rides!

Congratzzzz!

Girls can get motorcycle licenses now? That's bull****. What is this world coming too??!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by bassguitar View Post
    Girls can get motorcycle licenses now? That's bull****. What is this world coming too??!?!?
    **** youuu lmao

Congratulations! Be safe when you eventually get on the road.

i bet quite a few can ride better then some of the guys here ahah. besides ive said it before and ill say it again. girls that ride are few and far between :P

nice choice for a first bike.. ive tried sitting on one of those.. lil cramped for me ahah.

nah, girls can't ride

Quote Originally Posted by J!NX View Post
    Originally, I wanted a Kawasaki Ninja 250R, but they're too expensive for me.
    I was trying to find a used one within my price range, but no such luck.
    I have one sitting in my garage that i'd like to move. It's the older body style (2002), but it would make a great first bike. you'll want to trade up in a couple of years anyway. Plus, new riders = dropping. So don't spend much money.

Priced to move at $1500 as is. Was only *just* taken off the road. If you're interested, PM me.
    1972 Triumph Daytona
    1978 XS650 Standard (Now with more cc's and an uneven firing order!)
    2010 BMW K73

Hey,

I took my Motorcycle Training Course this weekend, and I passed!
    YAY! Congrats!

Congratulations! you are now legally one of us
    Get proper gear, ride safe, have fun! (btw it might be a good time to visit Royal distr.)

not sure about fruit basket- I'd go with flowers

Originally, I wanted a Kawasaki Ninja 250R, but they're too expensive for me.
    I was trying to find a used one within my price range, but no such luck.
    I found I really great deal on a Honda CBR 125. I know it's not that fast, but for my first bike, it's fine.
    I want to practice, gain more confidence, and maybe in 2012, I'll get the Ninja.
    First, from one female to another, congratulations! I got my M2 last August. I now own a Honda CBR125. Right now, it is the perfect bike for me. It's a great first bike! I'm still learning and gaining confidence. Though, I truly believe we never stop learning, or gaining confidence. People may try to tell you'll outgrow the bike too soon and it would be better to start on a bigger bike. That's their opinion. And only that. Only *you* will know if/when you want a bigger motorcycle.

Please, please do *not* let anyone talk/persuade you into purchasing a bike that you are not 101% comfortable with. Sure, the CBR125 may not be as fast as some bikes. But, if you're anything like me, right now speed is not important. As long as I can keep up with traffic, I'm happy. I have no desire to ride on highways right now. Maybe one day.

Gear is important. Someone mentioned Royal Distributing. I was actually there on the weekend. Purchased leather jacket, gloves and boots. I think I did pretty good, price-wise. (My first jacket was also purchased there. It's a textile one. It was about $30 cheaper. Wish I had bought one for my daughter now).

Anyway, please stay safe and enjoy riding. And remember, do what is right for you, and only you!
    2007 Honda CBR125r
    Prov. 15:1
    John 8:7

Congrats!

What's so special about a female getting her M2? I'm sure women can ride bikes just like men, can't they? Strangely, we don't see that many of them out there though... Too bad...
    Robert
    '02 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    '91 BMW K1 (sold)

The first point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

My friend has a 2009 Ninja, she's a bit shorter than I am, and had it lowered. I sat on it, and was flat footed on the ground.
    It was perfect for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SamC View Post
    I love my cbr 125 even tho its not fast, could you touch the ground on the ninja? i just couldnt do it even with a shaved seat lol yay for tiny riders btw lmao
    - J!NX -

Congrats on the course. I used to teach that same course. The weather must have been nice because I know breathing in those 2 strokes on hot asphalt in the middle of the summer makes for a long weekend.

My friend has a 2009 Ninja, she's a bit shorter than I am, and had it lowered. I sat on it, and was flat footed on the ground.
    It was perfect for me.
    awe you're lucky lol i guess i just have a really short inseam(barely 27), but i also had a zzr 250 and i think the seat height is like 29.5 or something.
    good luck getting your first bike!

I got all my gear in September at Royal. I got some great deals there.

Quote Originally Posted by Heresyamongus View Post
    Congratulations! you are now legally one of us
    Get proper gear, ride safe, have fun! (btw it might be a good time to visit Royal distr.)

not sure about fruit basket- I'd go with flowers
    - J!NX -

You sound exactly like me! I was thinking the same thing.
    I don't care about speed right now. I want to take things slow, and practice!
    I agree with you: as long as I can keep up with traffic, I'm fine with that.
    I have no desire to ride on the highway either. Well, not now anyways.

I got my gear back in September at Royal. Got some great deals there.

Quote Originally Posted by skitta View Post
    First, from one female to another, congratulations! I got my M2 last August. I now own a Honda CBR125. Right now, it is the perfect bike for me. It's a great first bike! I'm still learning and gaining confidence. Though, I truly believe we never stop learning, or gaining confidence. People may try to tell you'll outgrow the bike too soon and it would be better to start on a bigger bike. That's their opinion. And only that. Only *you* will know if/when you want a bigger motorcycle.

Please, please do *not* let anyone talk/persuade you into purchasing a bike that you are not 101% comfortable with. Sure, the CBR125 may not be as fast as some bikes. But, if you're anything like me, right now speed is not important. As long as I can keep up with traffic, I'm happy. I have no desire to ride on highways right now. Maybe one day.

Gear is important. Someone mentioned Royal Distributing. I was actually there on the weekend. Purchased leather jacket, gloves and boots. I think I did pretty good, price-wise. (My first jacket was also purchased there. It's a textile one. It was about $30 cheaper. Wish I had bought one for my daughter now).

Anyway, please stay safe and enjoy riding. And remember, do what is right for you, and only you!
    - J!NX -

I think it's because you don't see many female motorcyclists on the road. A lot of people have the assumption that women are bad drivers, so they're surprised to find out a girl can actually drive.

Quote Originally Posted by fearlessbob View Post
    Congrats!

What's so special about a female getting her M2? I'm sure women can ride bikes just like men, can't they? Strangely, we don't see that many of them out there though... Too bad...
    - J!NX -

The weather was perfect! Not too hot, and not too cold. I was worried it was going to rain, but we lucked out!

Quote Originally Posted by Troy636 View Post
    Congrats on the course. I used to teach that same course. The weather must have been nice because I know breathing in those 2 strokes on hot asphalt in the middle of the summer makes for a long weekend.
    - J!NX -

Congrats on passing the course!