Finished project - 1976ish Honda CT70 with Lifan 140cc Pitbike

Thread: Finished project - 1976ish Honda CT70 with Lifan 140cc Pitbike

• Display

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Finished project - 1976ish Honda CT70 with Lifan 140cc Pitbike

No pictures this time - but i've been working steadily on the 'yella '82. The exhaust is now totally installed, and i have started repainting a few things on the bike - starting with the rusty windshield stanctions. With those color matched and painted up, that mounted barn-door windshield looks pretty darn good. The exhaust is comparatively loud, but not obnoxiously so. It sounds like a step-through with authority now. I've already done a few circuits around the neighborhood (private roadways), once i'd spent about 8 hrs cleaning out the gas tank and replacing the fuel lines.

I need to bring the '81 Passport back into the living room next, to replace the parts needing fixing, from the '81 parts bike that i stripped down.

Quote Originally Posted by STARSHIP View Post
    Where do you find these bikes, would love to find a Honda S90 or an SS 50
    So far, everything that's fallen into my grubby little hands, i've pretty much gotten by crawling the kijiji.ca adverts and throwing out the geographic search option wide. This is the wrong time of the season to be passively searching for bikes for sale - the yellow '82 was gained by a WTB advert specifically asking for an '82-84 project. I got three responses in the 24 hours that i allowed the advert to run, and i followed up on two of the three respondants. In the spring and summer, the ads appear much more frequently - but some of the asking prices also get stupid, and you've got to be willing to drop everything and travel to get them at short notice.

Another good source for small Honda projects would be to go to the CVMG based swap meets - one in June at the CVMG annual rally in June, and another swap meet in the fall, in Milton.

I'm looking at another one tomorrow morning - from the second respondant to my advertisement - an '83 or '84 Honda Passport. Based upon what i know about it, it might be just a parts donor - as it has sat for a good long while neglected, and without an ownership.

If i do get it, it'll have to sit for a little bit longer yet. I've got one more CT70 Minitrail to build, as well as finish up the '82 Passport refurbishment over the winter. Once these projects are out of the way, i'd then like to take my skills one step further, and try my hand at building up a 'Honda Solo', an Asian-only market 50cc Brat style bike, an SS50 derivative, or perhaps find an S65 in need of an engine and TLC.

These small Hondas are like a crack addiction, and i'm craving harsh. I'd also like to get either a CT90, or an ST90, or both!
    Last edited by Bandit Bill; 10-31-2010 at 12:50 AM.
    '99 Suzuki Bandit 1200 - '88 Hannigan Comet chair