accident and going to the hospital hypothetical?

Thread: accident and going to the hospital hypothetical?

accident and going to the hospital hypothetical?

lets say you were riding home and while braking at an intersection you hit a patch of oil and go down at say 40kmh. No one else is involved but there are lots of witnesses, none which are concearned enough to stop. After sitting on the side of the road for more than hour, you finally get home and your body starts to hurt so you go to the hospital to have things checked out. If you tell the hospital you were in a motorcycle accident will they call the cops and therefore risk getting charged even though no real chargeable offense occured?

thanks

Re: accident and going to the hospital hypothetical?

Hospitals will not call the police unless they suspect criminal activity, such a gun shot wound, or knife attack. For a 40kph fall you could say you hurt yourself skateboarding or bicycle riding.

thanks.

Something similar happened to me... I told them I had a dirt bike related get-off.

It is best to inform the hospital of the type of fall you had, so they can diagnose an injury efficiently. As already stated, a moto-cross fall would be a very similar to a street related fall, so this would suffice.

Be aware though, that under the Highway Traffic Act, a driver is required to report an accident resulting in injury or damage above a prescribed value to police immediately. If a charge (ie Careless) results from that report, it could be easily defended upon taking pictures of the oil patch at distance and close up at the location where the fall took place, and testimony supporting the oil patch theory.