Canadian at World Superbike post-season Testing

Thread: Canadian at World Superbike post-season Testing

Canadian at World Superbike post-season Testing

Re: Canadian at World Superbike post-season Testing

So would that be a potential 2nd seat on the DFX Corse team racing a factory spec Aprila next to Haga in 2011? Either way it would be nice to cheer for a Canadian Racer in WSBK. Especially if he could be riding competitive equipment.

I was under the impression that the Haga/Aprillia team is a one rider team.
    Nineteen-year-old Canadian AMA Superbike rider Brett McCormick was also a surprise addition to the test ranks, riding the DFX Ducati.

Good for him!
    SOAR Novice #987 - 09 ZX-6R
    Thank you to: RSUK, Pro6Cycle, and Dunlop.

That's awesome to hear. I think it is hell of a steep step for him, but he'd learn a TON! He was getting top 5s in AMA Superbike this year.... very respectable for a young kid.

Click below for a pic
    http://www.crash.net/world+superbike...11/photos.html
    Last edited by Metastable; 10-09-2010 at 08:31 AM.

I was pretty worried about Brett early this year, hoping that he'd be able to put together a decent privateer program.

Jordan Suzuki did a wonderful job offering him a ride and I think he's done pretty well for them considering it's his first year in AMA and he's still a teenager.

He developed a bit of a bad reputation there in the AMA near season's end with those few DNF's, all on the final lap, where he took out innocent riders with a pass that wasn't really there and was basically a lot of wishful thinking. For his riding style (ie-"balls -to-the-wall"), injuries will become a significant hindrance at some point if he races another 10 yrs+. Hopefully, he can mature and realize on any given day the 5th or 6th he has is better than the high-risk play and a possible DNF.

So what happened in the last two races at Barber? I never got to see them. I heard he highsided in front of Hayes and took out Eric Bostrom. Was the Bostrom one on the last lap?
    Last edited by Metastable; 10-09-2010 at 04:21 PM.

The crash in race 2 at barber wasn't shown/picked up by the cameras on the Speed broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Metastable View Post
    So what happened in the last two races at Barber? I never got to see them. I heard he highsided in front of Hayes and took out Eric Bostrom. Was the Bostrom one on the last lap?
    Yeah, he took out E Bostrom a couple corners before race end. He was hobbled up pretty badly and required surgery I believe, but don't quote me. This could effect him into next season as teams may not offer him a ride knowing his condition (if his current contract is up).

first race he blew a motor, second he lowsided and slid into the back tire of Bostrom,racing in the AMA is a lot different than here at home as you will see if you head down that way, it is above aggressive

That's too bad for him. What position were him and Bostrom going for? Also, what happened with Jodi in race 1?.... I heard he had to start from the back of the pack in race 1 and he ended up pretty high.... like 14th or something. That's pretty impressive considering there were 30+ bikes on the grid.

BTW - I found a tid bit of info about Brett in French, but it just says the same thing:
    http://www.sport-bikes.fr/tests-sbk-...a1620_c11.html
    "Haga découvrait la RSV4 dont il disposera l’an prochain au sein du team Pata, formé par l’association de DFX et de Borciani. Le Canadien Bret McCormick roulait sur la Ducati 2010 de DFX."

And More:
    Amazing check this out... a Canadian rider gets more press in Italy than he does here! This was just saying he was going to test..... nothing about the results of the test.
    http://www.bikeracing.it/ama/45061_a...ett-mccormick/

Il 19enne pilota canadese Brett McCormick, al via quest’anno nell’American Superbike, ha avuto l’occasione di effettuare un test “mondiale” in questi giorni a Magny Cours. “The Kid” (il suo soprannome) ha provato la Ducati 1198 del team DFX Corse sul circuito francese, anche per valutare un potenziale futuro nella serie iridata.

Pupillo di Pascal Picotte, McCormick ha esordito tra i professionisti soltanto nel 2007 a 16 anni di età, risultanto il Rookie of the Year del campionato canadese Superbike concluso in 5° posizione.

Dopo aver colto la prima vittoria nel 2008, lo scorso anno prese parte ai campionati nazionali di Superbike e Supersport da pilota ufficiale Yoshimura Suzuki, conclusi entrambi in seconda posizione.

Grazie a questi piazzamenti Brett McCormick è stato chiamato prima dal Celtic Racing per correre nell’American Superbike e, successivamente, dal team Jordan Suzuki in sostituzione dell’infortunato Aaron Yates.

Per lui quest’anno un quarto posto come miglior risultato (Gara 2 ad Alton, Virginia) con un rendimento in crescendo, tanto da arrivare vicinissimo al podio nelle ultime gare stagionali davanti anche all’esperto compagno di squadra Jake Zemke.
    Last edited by Metastable; 10-09-2010 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Metastable View Post
    That's too bad for him. What position were him and Bostrom going for? Also, what happened with Jodi in race 1?.... I heard he had to start from the back of the pack in race 1 and he ended up pretty high.... like 14th or something. That's pretty impressive considering there were 30+ bikes on the grid.

Bostrom's shark bite

Race one they were battling for 5th or 6th.

I think Jodi was part of a crash with a few riders, and had to restart with his spare bike if memory serves me right.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails x2_2d4dc71.jpg  
    Last edited by Jayv; 10-13-2010 at 10:00 AM.