My 2008 ZX10R STOLEN!!! - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My 2008 ZX10R STOLEN!!!

Re: My 2008 ZX10R STOLEN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Not sure about theft but in the case of accidents alot of times your insurance adjuster you deal with, will waive your deductable fee for you. There is a bike at my shop right now, someone backed into it while it was parked. Her insurance is fixing it and they waived her deductable for her...
    Since the accident was not her fault, it's being covered by Direct Compensation Property Damage which almost always has a $0 deductible. You're covered for not-at-fault collisions such as this even if you don't have Collision or Comprehensive, since DCPD is mandatory in Ontario.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by parrah View Post
    Thanks for the detailed response!
    I do not currently have comprehensive insurance just have liability...
    How much do you think it will cost to add comprehensive on average if parking in a private garage
    I don't think there are any insurance companies that care whether you park in a garage, on the street, or in a condo -- that was the point of my previous post. I can't tell you how much it would cost to add Comprehensive, since this depends on your insurer, your bike, where you live, and the deductible you want. If your bike is a newer SS, it is likely a coverage that is well worth your money.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TKZX View Post

Sadly the security refused to give me the security tapes with an excuse is that if I identified the scum bags, I might kill them and then the security will be in liability.

do you really believe this BS.
    That's because it's an inside job. Your security is involved...
    "Bro... it's an exotic..."

SOAR Novice #37

Quote Originally Posted by dcx135 View Post
    I highly doubt they'd bother.!
    just some food for thought.

Your post has provided a good photo of your location and one of your anti-theft methods.

Your signature lists EXACTLY what modifications are on your bike and it lists the rest of your theft prevention devices.

And you're telling others they're ASKING to have their bikes stolen?

there are 100's of thieves that browse sites like this, you don't think any of them are smart enough to take notes?

All of the prevention methods you've listed can be eliminated in less than 2 minutes with information freely available on the internet.

A lot of these people do this sort of thing just to prove they CAN do it, the more security you have, the better challenge it is for them.

just something to think about when you're posting this information for all to see.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    A lot of these people do this sort of thing just to prove they CAN do it, the more security you have, the better challenge it is for them.
    I highly doubt it. Very few people steal bikes for kicks. Petty crime that involves significant effort with multiple people (at least two) are, by logic, highly utilitarian. 99.9% of such thieves want maximum output for minimal risk/effort/cost. And with all the easy bikes out there, why would they risk getting a criminal record and spend time/energy/money on a hard to steal bike for kicks? The other 0.1% that you are referring to are just plain stupid... too stupid to be successful with anything more than zero security.

Besides, I have comprehensive coverage.. aside from the hassle, couldn't care less if they got stolen.

Off topic, but the real thieves are the bike repair shops around the city. I just got f!!ked over by one shop (very well known with supposed good reputation, in mississauga) - the lazy azzes pinched my valve covers when they rushed my 24,000 km routine maintenance valve check. Started a very slow leak that I didn't notice for a few weeks so they refused to admit liability. They also stripped the bolt hole in the cam shaft, so I had to get a healer coil put it. Total additional damage: $1200 (on top of the $800 that I paid for the original job). I can largely prevent thieves from easily stealing my bike, but can't prevent shoddy workmanship.
    Last edited by dcx135; 10-06-2010 at 11:26 AM.
    2006 Yamaha R6 Blue
    Hyperpro RSC Steering Damper (Blue), Motovation Bar Ends and No-cut Frame Sliders, Swingarm Slider/Spools, Custom Dynamics Integrated LED Tail Light, Flush Mount Front and Rear Turn Signals, Yamaha Passenger Seat Cowl, Scorpio i-900 alarm, Boxer 5108 disk lock with alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    Since the accident was not her fault, it's being covered by Direct Compensation Property Damage which almost always has a $0 deductible. You're covered for not-at-fault collisions such as this even if you don't have Collision or Comprehensive, since DCPD is mandatory in Ontario.
    Theft inst your fault either

And Ive had my deductible waived for me when I crashed my bike on my own, with no other vehicles involved
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 10-06-2010 at 11:27 AM.

Theft inst your fault either
    When I say "fault", I'm referring to the situations when a vehicle collides with another.

DCPD covers damage to your vehicle when it collides with another vehicle and it is not your fault. This is a mandatory coverage and has a $0 deductible. Your premium will not increase due to a DCPD claim.

Comprehensive (aka "Fire and Theft) covers damage/loss of your vehicle due to theft, vandalism, etc. This is an optional coverage and usually has a deductible of $300, $500, or $1000, depending on what you selected. Your premium will not increase due to a Comprehensive claim.

Collision covers damage to your vehicle when it collides with another vehicle and it is your fault. This is an optional coverage and usually has a deductible of $300, $500, or $1000, depending on what you selected. Your premium will increase due to a Collision claim.

And Ive had my deductible waived for me when I crashed my bike on my own, with no other vehicles involved
    That's surprising . . . and definitely not common. When you crash on your own, this is almost always an at-fault Collision claim. Perhaps you have a disappearing Collision deductible option or something?

Sorry to hear your bike was stolen, hopefully it all works out OK for you!

If it helps I might be interested in some of the stock parts you may have taken off the bike, send me a PM if you are interested in discussing it.
    09 Candy Burnt Orange ZX-10R - Optioned With: OZ/Braking Forged Wheels - Braking Wave Rotors - RACEFIT Growler - 2010 black forks - BMC - NOVA H.I.D.- X-TRE - Jardine - Evotech - PROGRIP - HOTBODIES - Renthal - Pazzo - Rizoma - LSL - Colour matched panels

you gotta stop referencing your 8 bike survey poll man...its just plain misleading and will give people false sense of security.
    For sale, 2007 Aprilia SXV 450 Supermoto
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...prilia-sxv-450

Received your PM and tried to reply but you have to adjust your settings as it states you are not set up to receive PM's
    09 Candy Burnt Orange ZX-10R - Optioned With: OZ/Braking Forged Wheels - Braking Wave Rotors - RACEFIT Growler - 2010 black forks - BMC - NOVA H.I.D.- X-TRE - Jardine - Evotech - PROGRIP - HOTBODIES - Renthal - Pazzo - Rizoma - LSL - Colour matched panels

Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    you gotta stop referencing your 8 bike survey poll man...its just plain misleading and will give people false sense of security.
    Duh! You TOTALLY missed the point. The POINT is that you need to make it hard for the thieves so they move on to easier targets (the vast majority of condo bike owners who don't bother with ANY security). No, it doesn't guarantee that your bike won't be stolen but the odds are much better. It has nothing to do with giving people a false sense of security.

Is that so hard to understand?

What's your ingenious solution? Do nothing and stick your head in the sand? Sell your condo and move? Give up motorcycling? DUH!

Frankly, I'm really sick and tired of this discussion. People never learn, and most people don't do the obvious things to protect their own property. And when it does get stolen, it's all tears and woe-is-me. Good luck to you.
    Last edited by dcx135; 10-06-2010 at 09:20 PM.
    2006 Yamaha R6 Blue
    Hyperpro RSC Steering Damper (Blue), Motovation Bar Ends and No-cut Frame Sliders, Swingarm Slider/Spools, Custom Dynamics Integrated LED Tail Light, Flush Mount Front and Rear Turn Signals, Yamaha Passenger Seat Cowl, Scorpio i-900 alarm, Boxer 5108 disk lock with alarm.

I predict your bike is getting jack'd next.. it'll prove your anti-theft solution is an EPIC FAIL!!!
    Welcome to Squid city.. the Poserland, home of chickenstrip riders... TEE-DOT!!
    We Lean Low. while you pose straight. GOT IT? GOOD!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ruckus View Post
    I predict your bike is getting jack'd next.. it'll prove your anti-theft solution is an EPIC FAIL!!!
    Couldnt care less.. that's why there's comprehensive insurance!! Duh!
    2006 Yamaha R6 Blue

The more bikes get stolen, the more Comprehensive coverage is going to cost you.

Duh! You TOTALLY missed the point. The POINT is that you need to make it hard for the thieves so they move on to easier targets (the vast majority of condo bike owners who don't bother with ANY security). No, it doesn't guarantee that your bike won't be stolen but the odds are much better. It has nothing to do with giving people a false sense of security.

Is that so hard to understand?

What's your ingenious solution? Do nothing and stick your head in the sand? Sell your condo and move? Give up motorcycling? DUH!

Frankly, I'm really sick and tired of this discussion. People never learn, and most people don't do the obvious things to protect their own property. And when it does get stolen, it's all tears and woe-is-me. Good luck to you.
    I provide my bike the level of security that I'm comfortable with. For me, it is to store it within a private single residence garage with owners whom I can trust will not make known the location of my bike to strangers. Out of sight, out of mind.

Wow, aren't you a smart one?! Do you realize how long it takes to process a theft claim? If you're a street rider who loses his bike at the beginning of the riding season, you could be out for months - half of the season gone, just like that. Furthermore, its unlikely that the rider would be compensated the full value of his motorcycle after the claim process and reimbursement value of the vehicle.

...."DUHHHH!" What kind of grown person says this? What's age limit on this forum anyways? Where are my dentures?!!!

...."DUHHHH!" What kind of grown person says this? What's age limit on this forum anyways? Where are my dentures?!!!
    LMAO..

When his 2006 Yamaha R6 Blue with Hyperpro RSC Steering Damper (Blue), Motovation Bar Ends and No-cut Frame Sliders, Swingarm Slider/Spools, Custom Dynamics Integrated LED Tail Light, Flush Mount Front and Rear Turn Signals, Yamaha Passenger Seat Cowl, Scorpio i-900 alarm, Boxer 5108 disk lock with alarm gets stolen.. all those " so called " modifications will get a good laugh from his insurance broker, due to him thinkin' he'll get book value and more money back for his claim.

Comprehensive coverage pffft.

you are a tool.
    Welcome to Squid city.. the Poserland, home of chickenstrip riders... TEE-DOT!!
    We Lean Low. while you pose straight. GOT IT? GOOD!!

Quote Originally Posted by mr.ruckus View Post
    lmao..

When his 2006 yamaha r6 blue with hyperpro rsc steering damper (blue), motovation bar ends and no-cut frame sliders, swingarm slider/spools, custom dynamics integrated led tail light, flush mount front and rear turn signals, yamaha passenger seat cowl, scorpio i-900 alarm, boxer 5108 disk lock with alarm gets stolen.. All those " so called " modifications will get a good laugh from his insurance broker, due to him thinkin' he'll get book value and more money back for his claim.

Comprehensive coverage pffft.

You are a tool.

lol!
    "we all hang low, while y'all pose straight"...

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Torque View Post
    Received your PM and tried to reply but you have to adjust your settings as it states you are not set up to receive PM's
    adjusted my settings on pm's sorry about that
    "we all hang low, while y'all pose straight"...

...."DUHHHH!" What kind of grown person says this?

DUHHHHH is reserved for posts that don't advance the discussion or suggestions that aren't workable or practical for most people. In your case, it's fits perfectly.

And I'm perfectly aware of the the claims process and dollars involved. It's only been discussed on this forum like a thousands times. If it's so not worth it to you, then don't get it. I wasn't asking for your opinion or permission on how I secure or insure my bike, was I?
    2006 Yamaha R6 Blue

DUHHHHH is reserved for posts that don't advance the discussion or suggestions that aren't workable or practical for most people. In your case, it's fits perfectly.

And I'm perfectly aware of the the claims process and dollars involved. It's only been discussed on this forum like a thousands times. If it's so not worth it to you, then don't get it. I wasn't asking for your opinion or permission on how I secure or insure my bike, was I?
    ah children...they get so defensive when they get worked up! It's so cute!!!!

On the contrary, i think its absolutely necessary to purchase comprehensive/theft insurance. I just don't think it should be treated as a complete,fail-safe solution, which you are clearly doing.