Ganny This Weekend!

Thread: Ganny This Weekend!

Ganny This Weekend!

Hey ppl! a couple of guys and myself are heading to the ganny this weekend (Saturday in particular) If any of you guys are around and see an XR350, an XR 600 and a kdx 220, Feel free to say hi! maybe we will see you there!

Re: Ganny This Weekend!

Oh man! I just picked up an XR350R last month and have been dying to get out to play with it... this would have been perfect! Unfortunately I screwed up my lower back riding my banshee last weekend (damn those front-heavy weird *** quads - i gotta get a riser and decent bars for that thing) so I'm out for at least another week.

Let's see some pics of those XR's! What year is the 350? The coveted '85 with a single carb? I have the '84 which is dual carbs... nasty to tune.

Next time you're out be sure to let me know! Still lots of season left

PS - watch out on Thorpe & Neils Hills - they are washed out BIGTIME! Exposed roots everywhere waiting to snag your boot and twist your foot off :/

My Adventures in Dirt : http://www.youtube.com/xhumeka

Wow, that looks familiar! mine is also an 84, also has the bark busters, but runs like a top, so I am gonna try to avoid unecessary tuning lol. It would be great to have a 350 meet!!! I was there a few weeks ago, and tried the hills, but my tires were less then spectacular, so I would just get up three quarters then dig myself a trench. I hope to conquer them this time! I will let you know how I make out!! I haven't taken any pics yet, but will see if I can get some this weekend! (I only got the XR about a month ago).

Here are a couple of my latest pics from my trip to the ganny! Enjoy! P.S Xhumeka, made it up Thorpe and a few other hills, but not one that is right near thorpe, with the turn about half way up. That is my next challenge! Woot!

Last edited by Tuscani922; 10-05-2010 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuscani922 View Post
    Here are a couple of my latest pics from my trip to the ganny! Enjoy! P.S Xhumeka, made it up Thorpe and a few other hills, but not one that is right near thorpe, with the turn about half way up. That is my next challenge! Woot!
    NICE WORK!!! We call that hill "Neils Hill" (at least I do). JoeBoo was the first person I heard call it that - so maybe he can confirm. You're talking about the one that connects to Sand Hill (your last pic) - the top of Sand Hill and Neils Hill are the same.

I'm still hoping to get my xr350r to the Ganny before end of season; but i ordered a set of sprockets from eBay and they sent me the wrong ones They don't even fit!!! So we'll see if I have it ride worthy by the end of the year or not...

Thanks for posting the pics, nice looking bike!!
    My Adventures in Dirt : http://www.youtube.com/xhumeka

Quote Originally Posted by Xhumeka View Post
    NICE WORK!!! We call that hill "Neils Hill" (at least I do). JoeBoo was the first person I heard call it that - so maybe he can confirm. You're talking about the one that connects to Sand Hill (your last pic) - the top of Sand Hill and Neils Hill are the same.

I'm still hoping to get my xr350r to the Ganny before end of season; but i ordered a set of sprockets from eBay and they sent me the wrong ones They don't even fit!!! So we'll see if I have it ride worthy by the end of the year or not...

Thanks for posting the pics, nice looking bike!!
    Ya I was told by the guy that showed me the Ganny that it was called Neil's hill and there used to be a plaque there like Thorpe's hill but it's been lost, fallen down whatever. Supposedly Thorpe's and Neil's hills were named after the guys who died there. So my advice is don't get named after anything in the Ganny.

Quote Originally Posted by joeboo View Post
    Ya I was told by the guy that showed me the Ganny that it was called Neil's hill and there used to be a plaque there like Thorpe's hill but it's been lost, fallen down whatever. Supposedly Thorpe's and Neil's hills were named after the guys who died there. So my advice is don't get named after anything in the Ganny.
    Sounds like an urban legend lol.