SENA SMH10 - Bluetooth Stereo Headset and Intercom - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SENA SMH10 - Bluetooth Stereo Headset and Intercom

Re: SENA SMH10 - Bluetooth Stereo Headset and Intercom

I got mine today. I hated wearing headphones and was looking for something like this for a while. I just tested it for the first time coming to work. It's incredible! The sound quality playing music off a Bluetooth connection is excellent. My BB has hands free voice commands which work at 120kph. Here's the pay off point...I'm practicably deaf from a lifetime of concerts and I didn't even have to have the speakers on full to hear the music loud at 120kph. They had lots more volume to go before maxing out. I still need to test with the Zumo/BB/Sena but all the connections were working and all the device were able to connect at the same time. Zumo won't play music to the Sena unless it's on the cradle. Today's test was just BB>Sena. For $300 for 2 units you can't go wrong. I'm very happy so far.
    New to me for 2012.

I'm a little disappointed with the speakers. Although it might be my helmet having to much wind noise. But the speakers are not very high end. I thought you might get a little but of bass but there is nothing and my unit is not that loud even at full volume and I'm not deaf. Like I said it might be my helmet I'm looking for a new one. The Bluetooth to the phone and playing music is awesome the knob is confusing at first but gets easier once you get to know the unit.
    The only thing I would say is I wish they had better speakers. Unless I set something up wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bluerider View Post
    I'm a little disappointed with the speakers. Although it might be my helmet having to much wind noise. But the speakers are not very high end. I thought you might get a little but of bass but there is nothing and my unit is not that loud even at full volume and I'm not deaf. Like I said it might be my helmet I'm looking for a new one. The Bluetooth to the phone and playing music is awesome the knob is confusing at first but gets easier once you get to know the unit.
    The only thing I would say is I wish they had better speakers. Unless I set something up wrong.
    I have a Shoei Qwest which is pretty quiet to begin with. Have you tried moving the speakers to velcrow to the liner instead of installing behind it? The Qwest has proper places to put the speakers in without the liner getting in the way.
    New to me for 2012.

[QUOTE=killerkeith;1778850]I have a Shoei Qwest which is pretty quiet to begin with. Have you tried moving the speakers to velcrow to the liner instead of installing behind it? The Qwest has proper places to put the speakers in without the liner getting in

The helmet I have actually has little pockets but I will try moving them a bit. I never thought of that but they might just be back a bit too far.
    Thanks for the tip.

Thanks for thee reviews and sites both me and my wife have been considering these for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by rbjeepthing View Post
    Thanks for thee reviews and sites both me and my wife have been considering these for a while.
    I had my little boy wear my wife's helmet and told him to run down the street as far as he could and see if they still worked. He got down about 700 yards to the park we play at and it was still crystal clear. They are suppose to be good for a full mile.
    New to me for 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by killerkeith View Post
    I had my little boy wear my wife's helmet and told him to run down the street as far as he could and see if they still worked. He got down about 700 yards to the park we play at and it was still crystal clear. They are suppose to be good for a full mile.
    lol that would be funny to watch. It's also good to hear as she tends to either end up way in front or way behind.