Insurance rates - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Insurance rates

Re: Insurance rates

Quote Originally Posted by Sushii View Post
    The OP is 20 years old, he can't go with state farms. and the numbers i gave were what i was told from the insurance brokers, what is wrong with sharing information which i received from a genuine broker? Well no **** insurance rates vary, but were talking about in general. Also why are you flaming me instead of some of the other people that said it will be high?
    arnd $6k to 7k/year. im not an insurance agent. you should call one. they wont bite.

You just posted your opinions like you absolutely know what you are talking about. Do you know me personally? or are you just assuming that due to all my posts?

A friend of mine from Mineral field (outside of the GTA) wants to start riding on a pre 2008 Ninja 250 and he was quoted high as well. The forum is called GTAMotorcycle, i assumed hes from GTA because he did not have a location on his profile, or should i have assumed hes from Mars?
    did u just go crazy with the multi-quote button? dont understand why did i get draged into this when my comment wasnt even directed at u.
    go back to school and learn how to use the mouse.
    still a noob.

Need prescription eyeglasses? contact me.

sushii is obviously jealous...either he couldnt afford the insurance himself or his parents weren't willing to pay for him, manifested in a form of denial for the new kid
    For sale, 2007 Aprilia SXV 450 Supermoto
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...prilia-sxv-450

back when i was your age, the cheapest i was quoted at $3500/year for a 550cc. 5 years later, I am paying $500/year for a 500cc...

Quote Originally Posted by ZX600 View Post
    As you can see above, you are not just sharing information, you are saying that this guy absolutely will "pay the same price as its bike cost for insurance", how can you say that, just because you got some quotes???

Learn to say, On my opinion, or in my experience here is an example and do not state absolute ideas like the ones I quoted above, because people will actually think you know what you are talking about..and you dont!
    "I think* I'll keep that in mind. I will say i think infront of every sentence i say since i am always expressing an opinion. I think... *whops almost forgot the i think*

Really? you assumed he is from the GTA because the forum is called GTAM? do you know that there are guys here posting that live in Australia? do you know how many members in here are from up north and Quebec?

That is the thing, that you make assumptions and post your "opinions" on those assumptions, which is ok, except that you make those opinions sound like expert information and that my friend I have a problem with, because you may someday hurt someone with your information diarrhea
    *I think* when i visit a forum called KFC in Toronto, *i think* it is safe to assume the the topic will be about KFC in Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by silent_vik View Post
    did u just go crazy with the multi-quote button? dont understand why did i get draged into this when my comment wasnt even directed at u.
    go back to school and learn how to use the mouse.
    *I think* i am sorry for dragging you into this. Removed your quote and all other quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    sushii is obviously jealous...either he couldnt afford the insurance himself or his parents weren't willing to pay for him, manifested in a form of denial for the new kid
    *I think* i am very jealous. *I think* my parents did pay for everything. *I think* i'm just too spoiled.

Me thinks i cannot be held accountable for what i said above as it is just an opinion.

[FONT=Tahoma]
    This is just a general comment, not directed to you, please don't take it personally.
    lol none taken at all, what i said actually meant in short form was be ****ing careful kid,
    insurance and all that is just money talk but none of us would ever want u to get hurt
    that is my only usual concern

nvm
    Last edited by Sushii; 09-27-2010 at 07:48 PM.

BUAAHAHAHHA i didnt realize the thread blew up the way it did,
    great fun
    paulo ur posts make for great reading haha

hey, go to the insurance section on this site, they will give you some concrete information. You are looking at a high number, but get a quote before listening to anyone in here that isn't a broker.

State farm is probably the cheapest but they wont insure you unless you have had any kind of license for over 5 years. Maybe if you put the bike under your parents insurance?
    My parents insurance wont insure me fml... i just wanted to know approx how much it would cost cuz if its anything over 100/month then there is no point of me getting m2 cuz there is no way i can afford it. parents are really against it since i am only 20, they wont pay a penny towards motorcycle insurance. and yea i was lookin to get a mad old r6 like 2001 or someshiet. no way am i affording 2006+ r6 so hopefully the older ones are way cheaper. i am from the GTA and wat companies do u think would even consider insuring me?

Read http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-the-best-rate

but to sum it up. TD and Jevco, though theres a good chance they might not insure you or insane rate. But you will most likely be paying 100+/month. a 2001 R6 isn't that old (Opinion...)
    Last edited by Sushii; 09-28-2010 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aye View Post
    no way am i affording 2006+ r6 so hopefully the older ones are way cheaper. i am from the GTA and wat companies do u think would even consider insuring me?
    Honestly get a small non-SS bike that has cheap insurance. Build up some seat time and then go for your SS in a few years when the combination of riding experience and age will make the insurance more affordable.
    95 RS125 (track), 05 DL650 (street), 89 FZR400 (project)

Quote Originally Posted by skip View Post
    Honestly get a small non-SS bike that has cheap insurance. Build up some seat time and then go for your SS in a few years when the combination of riding experience and age will make the insurance more affordable.
    good advice +1
    i want a SS too but realizing the insurance costs for under 30, i consider it robbery
    ill stick to tourers, its fun going long distances anyways

My parents insurance wont insure me fml... i just wanted to know approx how much it would cost cuz if its anything over 100/month then there is no point of me getting m2 cuz there is no way i can afford it. parents are really against it since i am only 20, they wont pay a penny towards motorcycle insurance. and yea i was lookin to get a mad old r6 like 2001 or someshiet. no way am i affording 2006+ r6 so hopefully the older ones are way cheaper. i am from the GTA and wat companies do u think would even consider insuring me?
    I am over 30 and pay 120 for my 2008 ZX6R (one ticket) so you will probably pay more than 100 even for a 2001 R6. But shop around, Montreal is a good place to find cheap bikes if you have a wayt o haul them back here and maybe what you are saving in price can apply to insurance. This is an expensive sport my friend, you may not be ready yet but do your own research and look at all options. Maybe try a Kawi 650, they look sporty and are fun to ride but way less expensive on insurance.
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

Mad old 01?

I have a 93 750 that will get you all sorts of dead in any fashion you want.

If you want to be on 2 wheel, by some old *** 80's or 90's ditch pig and have fun banging that around for a while. My inssurance is 500 bucks a year on a 93 gixxer 750 and I'm on an M2. Sure I'm in the mid 30's but you'll save a ton on that alone by looking at an older bike.

I know it looks cool to ride a R6 and stuff but if you have a passion for 2 wheels it wont matter what your riding, you'll have a great time doing it on any bike.

My advise, find an old dual sport, inssurance is dirt cheap, they do everything and go anywhere.
    The artist formely known as Frenchfry

Quote Originally Posted by DaFrEnChGuY View Post
    Mad old 01?

I have a 93 750 that will get you all sorts of dead in any fashion you want.

If you want to be on 2 wheel, by some old *** 80's or 90's ditch pig and have fun banging that around for a while. My inssurance is 500 bucks a year on a 93 gixxer 750 and I'm on an M2. Sure I'm in the mid 30's but you'll save a ton on that alone by looking at an older bike.

I know it looks cool to ride a R6 and stuff but if you have a passion for 2 wheels it wont matter what your riding, you'll have a great time doing it on any bike.

My advise, find an old dual sport, inssurance is dirt cheap, they do everything and go anywhere.
    Stop following me around damm it
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

you can find insurance for a 600cc SS for around $3500. hit the insurance section of forum, and start calling the motorcycle friendly insurance companies.

although, for some companies you may have to wait until your 21st birthday for the policy to start. it played one helluva difference for me
    2008 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2009 Triumph Street Triple
    2007 Yamaha YZF-R6
    2004 Yamaha YZ-125
    2002 Yamaha TTR-225
    2001 Yamaha TTR-125L

Ill ask around and if no1 is willing to insure me on an r6 or its at a ridiculous price then ill try for the ninja 250. hopefully its cheap enough for a fulltime university student to pay off (dont even have a job at the moment, need summer job and pray i can afford around 80 a month)

Ill ask around and if no1 is willing to insure me on an r6 or its at a ridiculous price then ill try for the ninja 250. hopefully its cheap enough for a fulltime university student to pay off (dont even have a job at the moment, need summer job and pray i can afford around 80 a month)
    20 years old, zero experience under your belt. A ninja 250 will still be above $80/month. "I Think" <<< For ZX600

Based on your comment you cannot afford insurance. You will not find insurance for under $100/month. I'm paying $2700/year ($450/month over 7 months), at 20 years old, with M2 for a 250. Did you take into account maintenance that will need to be performed on the bike?

Bikes aren't cheap. They're toys. No money no fun.
    Entertainment for the poor, that's what my mother always called children.

If you can afford to pay $80/month. You cannot afford a bike. It's simple.

Do you have any riding experience? An M1 test doesn't teach you how to ride.
    Last edited by vdk; 09-29-2010 at 12:38 AM.
    Entertainment for the poor, that's what my mother always called children.

yea i do. andddddd its official i cannot afford any insurance! fml prolly have to wait like 4 years before i can even get insurance fukk lifeee