Insurance rates

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Insurance rates

Insurance rates

Hey, does anyone know approximately how much it would cost for a 20 year old to get insured on a 600cc sportbike like a yamaha r6? (m1 only too) loool :P

Re: Insurance rates

Quote Originally Posted by aye View Post
    Hey, does anyone know approximately how much it would cost for a 20 year old to get insured on a 600cc sportbike like a yamaha r6? (m1 only too) loool :P
    Around the same price as the bike itself. Just call around and ask... We aren't insurance brokers, at least not all of us...

Insurance won't differ from M1 to M2. If it does, it'll only be for until you get your M2 which is in 2 months (e.g TD does this)

and Welcome to GTAMotorcycles!

lol? you'll be laughing out loud at yourself for even thinking about a SS when you get some quotes. you're looking at 10+ grand. How much riding experience you got if I may ask? I'm guessing 0, looool

i'm 24... m2... employee pricing on a gsx-r600 is $12000 a year liability only

needless to say, i don't ride a gsx-r600 due to the insurance cost
    '08 ZX6R (Vivid Yellow)
    '06 GS500F (Blue/White) - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by fuzion View Post

o.O what company is that?? thats a grand a month... insurance on a bmw 128i cost less than that...

o.O what company is that?? thats a grand a month... insurance on a bmw 128i cost less than that...
    Thats how much you would be paying... lol A Ninja 250 already costs over 3k for first year riders around your age.

hey, go to the insurance section on this site, they will give you some concrete information. You are looking at a high number, but get a quote before listening to anyone in here that isn't a broker.

State farm is probably the cheapest but they wont insure you unless you have had any kind of license for over 5 years. Maybe if you put the bike under your parents insurance?
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

Quote Originally Posted by ZX600 View Post
    Maybe if you put the bike under your parents insurance?
    always a disaster waiting to happen

Quote Originally Posted by hassangh View Post
    yup :P

I pay $290/month with Statefarm...1st year rider with a cbr 600

Quote Originally Posted by Sushii View Post
    Thats how much you would be paying... lol A Ninja 250 already costs over 3k for first year riders around your age.
    I'm with Statefarm - 21yo, M2 for 2 months, 2009 Ninja 250, Full coverage for $58/month

Quote Originally Posted by hassangh View Post
    If he wants it he will find the way to do it, doesn't matter what we say in here.

He wasn't asking for advice on a 600 as the first bike, he asked about insurance.

We all need to stop preaching.

This is just a general comment, not directed to you, please don't take it personally.

Around the same price as the bike itself. !
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanR View Post
    I'm with Statefarm - 21yo, M2 for 2 months, 2009 Ninja 250, Full coverage for $58/month
    Once again Sushii, you are blessing us with your out of the *** knowledge

arnd $6k to 7k/year. im not an insurance agent. you should call one. they wont bite.
    still a noob.

Need prescription eyeglasses? contact me.

Once again Sushii, you are blessing us with your out of the *** knowledge
    1. a SS for a 20 year old with no experience will be the same price as the bike, i have asked for quotes when i wanted one.
    2. TD quoted me 3k for a 2010 Ninja 250, same with jevco.
    3. Just because one person is getting a surprisingly low quote does not mean everyone can get the same thing.

Tell me which part i stated was incorrect?

Tell me which part i stated was incorrect?
    The part that the insurance will be the same as the bike as proven by this fact
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanR View Post

Insurance rates vary from customer to customer. Just because a rider was quoted a price doesn't mean they will be the same for eveyone. OP is 20, may be a new rider, but not driver...maybe s/he lives outside the GTA where the rates drop, maybe said R6 is 12 years old..." You always posting what you decided is the truth without even asking some more factual questions.

My point is that unless you go out and research every company giving the same information as the op, you shouldn't be talking out of your ***. Like I said before, you need to post your opinion and not make it sound like you absolutely know what you are talking about is fact.

My problem with you is that you are a noob, that obviously doesn't know much, however you spam every thread new riders post with useless information that someone some day is going to take seriously.

Do you have a "M" in your postal code? go and compare rates for someone outside of the GTA.
    Last edited by ZX600; 09-27-2010 at 02:25 PM.

The part that the insurance will be the same as the bike as proven by this fact "I'm with Statefarm - 21yo, M2 for 2 months, 2009 Ninja 250, Full coverage for $58/month". "Insurance rates vary from customer to customer. Just because a rider was quoted a price doesn't mean they will be the same for eveyone. OP is 20, may be a new rider, but not driver...maybe s/he lives outside the GTA where the rates drop, maybe said R6 is 12 years old..."

My point is that unless you go out and research every company giving the same information as the op, you shouldn't be talking out of your ***. Like I said before, you need to post your opinion and not make it sound like you absolutely know what you are talking about is fact.

My problem with you is that you are a noob, that obviously doesn't know much, however you spam every thread new riders post with useless information that someone some day is going to take seriously.
    The OP is 20 years old, he can't go with state farms. and the numbers i gave were what i was told from the insurance brokers, what is wrong with sharing information which i received from a genuine broker? Well no **** insurance rates vary, but were talking about in general. Also why are you flaming me instead of some of the other people that said it will be high?

*Quotes removed*

You just posted your opinions like you absolutely know what you are talking about. Do you know me personally? or are you just assuming that due to all my posts?

Do you have a "M" in your postal code? go and compare rates for someone outside of the GTA.
    A friend of mine from Mineral field (outside of the GTA) wants to start riding on a pre 2008 Ninja 250 and he was quoted high as well. The forum is called GTAMotorcycle, i assumed hes from GTA because he did not have a location on his profile, or should i have assumed hes from Mars?
    Last edited by Sushii; 09-27-2010 at 07:27 PM.

Also why are you flaming me instead of some of the other people that said it will be high?
    Your just more fun to **** with
    The artist formely known as Frenchfry

Around the same price as the bike itself. !
    Thats how much you would be paying... .
    what is wrong with sharing information which i received from a genuine broker?

?
    As you can see above, you are not just sharing information, you are saying that this guy absolutely will "pay the same price as its bike cost for insurance", how can you say that, just because you got some quotes???

Learn to say, On my opinion, or in my experience here is an example and do not state absolute ideas like the ones I quoted above, because people will actually think you know what you are talking about..and you dont!

The forum is called GTAMotorcycle, i assumed hes from GTA because he did not have a location on his profile, or should i have assumed hes from Mars?
    Really? you assumed he is from the GTA because the forum is called GTAM? do you know that there are guys here posting that live in Australia? do you know how many members in here are from up north and Quebec?

That is the thing, that you make assumptions and post your "opinions" on those assumptions, which is ok, except that you make those opinions sound like expert information and that my friend I have a problem with, because you may someday hurt someone with your information diarrhea

Quote Originally Posted by fuzion View Post

DUDE ... you need to find a new insurance company lol