low speed crashed last night

Thread: low speed crashed last night

Thumbs down low speed crashed last night

hey guys new too the forums long story short i hit some gravel or oil //backend just felt like it was on ice... on a right hand turn going around 15kmh? too 20kmh? anyways i got some scraps and roadrash but im fine (thank god for the gear) , so basicly my right side of my bike is pretty much done.. fairing/ brake mount/ foot peg /break handle/ end cap/ right mirrior/ are either broken or scraped too ****.. yea sucks but what can you do.. it still runs but not sure if any of this inflicted any damage too the motor ( i hope not ) its seems its all cosmetic , anyways anyone kno some good shops that can fix it porper and look like new again? thanks alot Nick

oh btw its a 2007 kawi ninja zx6r i crashed in ajax..

Re: low speed crashed last night

Glad you're okay. It sucks that you fell, but at least you are fine, and the bike sounds mostly fine. Cosmetic crap is fairly easy to fix, its just expensive!! Take it as a learning experience. Good on you for wearing your gear too. I wouldn't recommend that you take your bike to a shop to fix the easy stuff, because they will charge you to do stuff that you could do with a very minor couple of tools. The foot peg, break handle, end cap, mirror, and the fairing are REALLY REALLY easy to change on your own. Just look for the parts yourself on ebay, kijiji, or heck if you don't care about the cost just get OEM, but don't pay some guy $$$$ to use a screw driver and a ratchet set...

If you MUST take it to a shop and you don't want to do it yourself, there is only one shop I would go to no matter where my bike broke down. Rosey Toes. He knows his stuff, and he does it for a price that wont make you cry...

hey man thanks alot for the reply is their a site or number i can call? , another issue i ahve is ill have to two the bike too a shop unless i get the brakemount fix on my own and ride it down where is he located?

Quote Originally Posted by 07nickzx6r View Post
    hey man thanks alot for the reply is their a site or number i can call? , another issue i ahve is ill have to two the bike too a shop unless i get the brakemount fix on my own and ride it down where is he located?
    theres this thing on the internet, i think its called google... it can probably help you

and people wonder why everyone recommends that newer riders start on a 500/650. Hopefully you can find used fairings because you'll **** a brick when you find out what oem is worth new. Ebay is your friend.
    Driving a cage is to have sanity forced upon you.

Rosey Toes is around the 401/weston road or jane street area of etobicoke i believe. Get the functional/safety stuff fixed for now and just rip the fairings off both sides & go naked for the rest of the season. You can look for new one's over the winter. I would call ahead first and see what he has to say. Have a look at the reviews section of this forum and you'll also see others that are member here that do some wrenching on the side. They may be able to help you out as well. P.M. them and see?

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyFoe View Post
    and people wonder why everyone recommends that newer riders start on a 500/650. Hopefully you can find used fairings because you'll **** a brick when you find out what oem is worth new. Ebay is your friend.
    bingo. but not what the OP needs to hear and the people that don't believe it won't even if they read this. It's always someone else.
    to be helpful though, a plastic welding kit and color-rite.com for exact paint match are your friend. and ebay as suggested for other parts.

use this as an excuse to get some much nicer looking after market parts ;D
    IF you want to learn that is...
    if you go to a shop good luck, it'll cost you what a starter bike would cost. met a guy that spent 2k on plastic for his gixxer after an accident that was cosmetic damage on one side. if you've got the money then no prob and I'm not dissing it, but if you're on a budget, DIY
    Engine size is compensation for tiny odometers. // You either drag knee in -3 or pose in 20.
    2001 ex500 420+ km on a single tank. Mods: Digital Speedomoter / Corbin Seat / Works Performance Shock / braided brake lines / fake pezzo levers / integrated mirror+turn signals / gps power cord + ram mount / heated grips. / Heat troller for winter gear Fairing repair tutorial

Rosey Toes Motorcycles Inc.

131 Wendell Ave, North York, ON M9N3K9 (Wilson/Weston Rd)
    Tel:416-241-2523

Ted Rose is the owner. Ask him to belch O Canada for you.

Fix what you need to ride, and leave the cosmetic fixes until next season!
    Current:
    2001 EX500

Previous:
    2007 CBR125R (1 season)

Who says this guy is a new rider? Cause he has 3 posts? common, he joined for advice, but you assume he just started riding a week ago. A 125cc could slide out from under you if you hit enough gravel on a turn.

theres no indication that this was his first bike or that he's a new rider.
    who cares, people make decisions and accept consequences.

because he sounds inexperienced, even if he's been riding it for a season or two. I started on an older 600 in spite of being told to start on a 650, crashed it at the track and now it's almost not worth fixing. I also have a 650 track bike lol how convenient would that have been.

To the OP if china plastics arent up to your standards (purchased off e-bay and they're not up to mine), you might want to consider that shark skinz sells a set of fiberglass race fairings with the headlight cutout that you could swap on your bike. If you plan on keeping it for a while (unless you can find used fairings you probably have to considering what it'll take to return to stock) the upper and lower is 600 bucks and you can rattle can them yourself. Just another option
    Driving a cage is to have sanity forced upon you.

Quote Originally Posted by stevestang View Post
    Who says this guy is a new rider? Cause he has 3 posts? common, he joined for advice, but you assume he just started riding a week ago. A 125cc could slide out from under you if you hit enough gravel on a turn.
    cause he doesn't know how to fix a fairing/ where to fix it/ and how to use google...
    he's new

its my 2nd season riding i had the the zx6r since last summer (first time dumping it this summer ,mind u i had some close calls lol its all good ) i could do it my self but i dont trust my self lol and yes i have looked at prices it is tad expensive now contemplating too try it out , just not too experiance with the mechanical side like i said it seems like its only cosemtic issue it still runs and rides fine from what i see but i am "no pro or lisence guy" too kno exactly,, anyways thanks for all your post and reply ill have some pics i guess soon, before and after.. lol so ****** tho the sound of the bike scraping on the road really did scar me lol

i am usualy on the kawi forums anyways but i do live in the gta and dont no any really good shops so i figured i would register

Quote Originally Posted by 07nickzx6r View Post
    glad you are ok. try taking a caa plus membership( mine cost me 105 including taxes) which will give you 4 free towing a year any where in 200 km zone