Newb fiddy stunter here!! Some help pls!!

Thread: Newb fiddy stunter here!! Some help pls!!

Newb fiddy stunter here!! Some help pls!!

Hey guys,

Been riding for 4 years now and i finally convinced myself Its time I learn how to stunt. Ive seen tons of videos and pictures and have to say you guys are amazing!!! And I must admit I'm a little jealous..lol.. But I'm committed to learning!
    After reading all about the Do's and Don't's and where to start, I decided to start small.. Just recently I bought a used crf 50.

My first day on the bike I got my front wheel up for about half a second haha and I was scared ******** (yea u can make fun :P)

Yesterday was day 3 on the 50 and I'm getting the front wheel up for about 2-3 seconds but still can't hold it THAT long. I'm learning the stoppie and have done a couple burnouts too. Those are fun

However I got a couple questions for you guys...

1. Do tires make a big difference?
    I got the bike with dirt tires, and I have been very off balance (leaning to one side or the other) while doing a wheelie.. Im thinking that it may be the dirt tires because they're not flat and have the bumps to grip into dirt so as a result I'm not getting the same balance and control I would on street tires..

Also, i have read about lowering tire pressure to increase the amount of tire physically touching the ground which can benefit in more control. Can I get some of your opinions on that?

As well, to add to the dirt tires, during my burnouts (I've only done first gear burnouts so far) there is barely any smoke. Is it again because the dirt tires? Or it because I did it in a tennis court or sidewalk as a pose to a road? Lol. Im not sure..

2. How often do you lube ur chain?
    Every ride? Every tank fill up?

3. What gas do you use? I put esso 91 my first fill up (which still hasn't run out- this Honda engine is amazing! Lol) but my first and second gear are a little groggy right on the start.. Almost as if its giving out when u punch the gas at low rpm.. so I got told to use shell premium which should make a difference- hope it's true cuz I just cleaned the carbs and set the valves so thats not the problem! .. I hope

4. Anyone know a local shop to get some stunt parts?
    I already have sano bars which help lifting the bike and controlling it. I'm still looking for 12 oclock bar, and rear pegs.
    Will bmx pegs fit? I've heard mixed opinion on that they won't fit and also scrape the ground on turns unlike the "50 stunt" stut pegs..

Thanks in advance gtam!
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

Re: Newb fiddy stunter here!! Some help pls!!

www.stuntride.com they have a 50 stunt forum and EVERYTHING you need to know. : )
    It is what it is...

I have a black belt in anger!

Get yourself a clutch kit and some street tires maybe a chain and sprocket too

50stunt.com has everything you need to get going.

Quote Originally Posted by DA BOSS View Post
    50stunt.com has everything you need to get going.

locally there is phat50's in Pickering...