what happens when you clutch up in a lean?

Thread: what happens when you clutch up in a lean?

what happens when you clutch up in a lean?

what happens exactly?

Re: what happens when you clutch up in a lean?

You mean clutch it up while turning? Well a few things can happen, you can crash.... Or you can pull it up crooked and straighten it out while in the wheelie or even ride it out crooked

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    even ride it out crooked
    got a video?

Quote Originally Posted by Norge View Post
    got a video?
    Rossi does this all the time, search for some Moto GP wheelie clips...They love wheeling out of turns while still leant over, and straightening it out mid wheelie...More so under power.....because they have it...

i got to say that looks sick.

What do you think, is it going to result in loss of control in case of normal street tires? My previous bandit (not sure what tires it had) would not pull up unless I would do a rolling burnout first (get the tires super sticky), it would just spin the tire. So in case of a B6 or B12 my guess would be a loss of control. The sport bikes have a bit better weight distribution so there is more to play.

I always wanted to ask that, JohnnyP636 do you guys use different tires (soft compound) for all those circles?

You mean clutch it up while turning? Well a few things can happen, you can crash.... Or you can pull it up crooked and straighten it out while in the wheelie or even ride it out crooked
    http://www.arcadius.ca/

1964 Junak M10, 2000 Bandit 1200

Quote Originally Posted by arekzjawin View Post
    What do you think, is it going to result in loss of control in case of normal street tires? My previous bandit (not sure what tires it had) would not pull up unless I would do a rolling burnout first (get the tires super sticky), it would just spin the tire. So in case of a B6 or B12 my guess would be a loss of control. The sport bikes have a bit better weight distribution so there is more to play.

I always wanted to ask that, JohnnyP636 do you guys use different tires (soft compound) for all those circles?
    1 word........... technique! Once you have perfected your wheelie clutch ups, you will not slip the rear, even in the rain when done properly you can clutch it up without any slip on even a bald tire...Sometimes youll slip, but when you get it right there is no slip just wheelie...

Me and most of my freinds buy new Michelin Pilot Powers, but the majority of stunt riders just use whatever used street tires they can find. Tire pressue also makes a difference but more important is your technique on whatever tire pressure your running..

+1 to technique...

who the hell clutches a bike up on corner exit. I'm not saying it cant be done, but you dont even see stunters doing this. Rossi lifting a wheel on corner exit is purely on power, and yes it is badass.
    Driving a cage is to have sanity forced upon you.

It's done all the time in MX, used to keep the revs high or as traction control.
    In the right dirt, it's pretty sweet to lift the front wheel in the air and finish the corner on the rear tire alone, feels pretty bad ***.

I wouldn't on the pavement on the street bike, simply because I'm not confident enough to control it... Well it's more so a factor of I don't have leathers for my lower half and I don't want to scratch up the bike if I mess up.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyFoe View Post
    who the hell clutches a bike up on corner exit. I'm not saying it cant be done, but you dont even see stunters doing this. Rossi lifting a wheel on corner exit is purely on power, and yes it is badass.
    ive seen stunters do it. ... i try to do it ... sometimes it comes out ... u should try it ... it feels so good if you make it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYvnN...ayer_embedded#!

are you still doing your stunt lessons ? payment in food?

It's done in mx to keep your front wheel from pounding through the accel bumps or to avoid objects, I'd use the clutch for this but happens on my zx10 whenever I exit in first just rolling on. Feels amazing and as long as you continue through the motions it's easy to controll.

i doubt that in 1000cc or 800cc gp bike you need to clutch it to wheelie out of corners.... i would say the same for any bike with 150hp at the rear wheel, you can power wheelie without the use of clutch. when im at the track i have to be more careful coming out of corners and giving it too much gas, cause the front would want to come up, specially when the tires grip so well, now controlling it like rossi or and other gp pro is another thing..

as for the gp wheelies i really miss John Hopkins, he used to do some nice wheelies.