Biggest Motorcycle Group Ride - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Motorcycle Group Ride

Re: Biggest Motorcycle Group Ride

i'm down~ just need time and location~

1. As someone that has gone through the nightmare of organizing big group rides, can you give a few more bits of information:

Have you ever organized a group ride?
    Do you know how to lead a group (properly)?
    Do you have others that are qualified to lead a group, as you will have to split it into many groups?
    Do you have qualified Captains and Sweepers for your many groups?
    have you taken into consideration the route with such a big group/s of people, like avoiding left turns, gas stops, parking at the destination, food stops, etc?
    Are you getting all the leaders, sweepers and captains together before the next two weeks to discuss the route and make sure they get a copy and are comfortable with the route?
    Have you got authorization from the owner of the parking lot/mall or place you are starting the ride from, seen as this is going to be the biggest group ride ever.
    Is it M1 friendly, meaning is everyone back before sun down, not using HWY's

Not trying to be a prick, but I just want you to know what you are getting yourself into and things you need to take into consideration. It isn't only making a post and have everyone show up.

Group rides are a lot different and difficult to put together than other events, more liabilities and so on.

Good Luck
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

could be fun... details coming?

I'll ride - let me know the details

Quote Originally Posted by rutakin View Post
    Parades are fun! come prepared to flash your titties, if they are nice of course not if u are sitting straight up and they are touching the tank.
    Whats wrong with tits touching the tank LOL
    Im may be in on this one depending on the time, date and location

Banned

i can see people with "a lot of experience" are posing in here, or might be people who just want to bring this thread down.

i believe you don't need to answer so many questions, and i don't think ALL organizer do that.

i been in a couple of group rides in the past 4 or 5 weeks and they have these meetings in a random parking lot, i don't think they ask for any special permitt, e.i. aminal's bbq it was great, but i doubt he asked for permitt to park at that zoo.

i started this year with a meeting at Haugen's bbq chicken and ribs restaurant, and i don't think the organizer ask for permitt.

anyway, if you don't like this thread or not even planning to attend, then click somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by East_Ghost View Post
    i can see people with "a lot of experience" are posing in here, or might be people who just want to bring this thread down.

i believe you don't need to answer so many questions, and i don't think ALL organizer do that.

i been in a couple of group rides in the past 4 or 5 weeks and they have these meetings in a random parking lot, i don't think they ask for any special permitt, e.i. aminal's bbq it was great, but i doubt he asked for permitt to park at that zoo.

i started this year with a meeting at Haugen's bbq chicken and ribs restaurant, and i don't think the organizer ask for permitt.

anyway, if you don't like this thread or not even planning to attend, then click somewhere else.
    +1 very well said .sh.. like this made my friends get banned from this site...for nothing, NOTHING BUT JEAOLUSY.
    scarborough rides.............

Quote Originally Posted by East_Ghost View Post

Let me give you an example. Last year we organized the spring bling, there were over 140 bikes, the starting point was the Square one mall. It almost got canceled because the mall got a hold of the information and contacted us letting us know that if any bikes show up the police would be ticketing for loitering, they saw the even as a liability on their parking lot.

"you don't think", that is a nice statement but it shows you have no clue of what you are talking about. I was trying to help this guy out, not trying to put the event down.

Anyways, knock yourselves out - I am out and see yaa

Edit: hey you got Banned, I guess I am talking to myself then

Quote Originally Posted by rutakin View Post
    Parades are fun! come prepared to flash your titties, if they are nice of course not if u are sitting straight up and they are touching the tank.
    It's too cold for that ****, I don't wanna poke out an eye.
    x

lol, forums getting trolled hard.
    Vivere est vincere

Yes I’m new to this board as of today, and yes I’m a new rider as well but I have been following this thread for few days now... What? I’m looking for people to ride with!

I have to say that I am a little disappointed when I see some of the comments... and that is why it took me few days to register.

The point is: you’re in or you’re out and you can always leave if you don’t like it! Even experienced organisers can get 100 bikes on the 401 at the same time. Boo boo are happening all the time! They’re not my words but words of a crew I am riding with for a few weeks.

I want to have fun and I’m in! And if for any reasons I don’t like it, guess what? I’m going to take my bike somewhere else and not say anything about it!

I’m looking forward to meet you all!

Quote Originally Posted by ZX600 View Post
    Edit: hey you got Banned, I guess I am talking to myself then
    East_Ghost = juancho + spellcheck
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    So it's ok for hooligan riders and drivers to endanger the lives of impaired drivers?
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    Unfortunately, since we seldom put people in jail for traffic offences

Quote Originally Posted by Kokla View Post
    lol, forums getting trolled hard.

Yeah, definitely seems like this thread is a troll feast. If not though, my apologies, go have your Biggest Ride (somewhere, sometime with someone) in peace.

1999 Magna VF750C
    2001 SV650S
    1997 CBR900RR sold
    2005 ZZR-250 sold

I'm gonna have to agree with some of the comments on here as far a organizing a big group. I have had a few in the past and stopped them all together because they were getting out of hand.
    There is allot of planning involved as far as route, stop points for food and gas ( can be a real pain in the butt when you have 200 bikes all packing into a shell station).
    Experienced sweepers that know the route are important also, so peeps don`t get left behind at red lights etc...
    But kudos to you man for organizing it, hope it all works out and the weather holds up for ya. Once you have a confirmed date and time I will try to be there and will help sweep in necessary.
    Best advice I can give you is ask some of the guys on here that have organized big group rides for some help getting this one going, hard for one guy to plan something like your trying to do.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by boooya; 09-25-2010 at 11:12 AM.
    Barrie and area riders.
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=123778

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

A place where its too ritzy for my liking

Quote Originally Posted by ZX600 View Post
    1. As someone that has gone through the nightmare of organizing big group rides, can you give a few more bits of information:

Have you ever organized a group ride?
    Do you know how to lead a group (properly)?
    Do you have others that are qualified to lead a group, as you will have to split it into many groups?
    Do you have qualified Captains and Sweepers for your many groups?
    have you taken into consideration the route with such a big group/s of people, like avoiding left turns, gas stops, parking at the destination, food stops, etc?
    Are you getting all the leaders, sweepers and captains together before the next two weeks to discuss the route and make sure they get a copy and are comfortable with the route?
    Have you got authorization from the owner of the parking lot/mall or place you are starting the ride from, seen as this is going to be the biggest group ride ever.
    Is it M1 friendly, meaning is everyone back before sun down, not using HWY's

Not trying to be a prick, but I just want you to know what you are getting yourself into and things you need to take into consideration. It isn't only making a post and have everyone show up.

Group rides are a lot different and difficult to put together than other events, more liabilities and so on.

Good Luck
    Hmmmmm. Seems to me he was trying to give insight, and facts to help. Personnally, if I was going to try and start a huge group ride, I wouldnt of thought about any of these things ZX has pointed out. Neither would alot of the people on this site. Just a classic case of "read a post, switch it around, and start pipeing your mouth off". Good luck on getting your ride together hopefully it works out without a hitch.
    Losers always whine about their best. Myself personally, I go home and ****** the prom queen.

I dont about the ride anymore but this is good entertainment ...
    Four wheels move the BODY. Two wheels move the SUL.

Quote Originally Posted by tej_jatt View Post
    I dont about the ride anymore but this is good entertainment ...
    no, this is good entertainment

Last edited by ZX600; 09-25-2010 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FullMotoJacket View Post
    I want to ride in the plane!
    i want to go back to the future

Quote Originally Posted by LMF View Post
    Never implied that it did.
    he's new to computers, he doesn't know how to use the quoting feature...

On a completly non troll note, I wanted to orginase the worlds smallest motorcycle group ride.

I just need an anti matter version of someone and their bike.
    Vivere est vincere