Toronto Mayor Race: Who Are You Voting For?

View Poll Results: Who are you voting for?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rob Ford

80 65.04%
  • George Smitherman

20 16.26%
  • Joe Pantalone

11 8.94%
  • Sarah Thompson

6 4.88%
  • Rocco Rossi

6 4.88%
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Mayor Race: Who Are You Voting For?

Toronto Mayor Race: Who Are You Voting For?

who are you voting for?

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photog...sx-r1000-1.jpg

09 GSXR 1000- (aka- My Baby)
    07 GSXR 600 (aka- sex hundred)- Stolen
    02 SV650 (aka- trumpet)- Stolen
    03 GS500(aka- My First Love)- Crashed

(I quit therapy because my analyst was trying to help me behind my back.)
    .............................$$$$Caught ya you looked$$$$

Re: Toronto Mayor Race: Who Are You Voting For?

Mr. Ford will be getting my vote

my wallet can't take anymore of these over-educated elitest pandering visionaries

Ford may have some great ideas as to how the city should be run, but he is a loose cannon, and goofball extreme. He will be an embarrassment to the city as Mayor, even more so than he has been as a councillor.

Quote Originally Posted by Thom View Post
    Ford may have some great ideas as to how the city should be run, but he is a loose cannon, and goofball extreme. He will be an embarrassment to the city as Mayor, even more so than he has been as a councillor.
    Slitherman = Ontario Libs - my wallet can't take it
    Rossi = Federal Libs - my wallet can't take it
    Pantelone = Miller clone - my wallet can't take it
    Thompson = no experience...and estrogen - my wallet can't take it

I'll gladly take the loose cannon goofball, cause I could care less about him putting his foot in his mouth with frequency while he puts dollars back in my wallet

Quote Originally Posted by Thom View Post
    Blah blah blah, how has he been an embarassment as a councillor? He's one of the hardest working, HONEST and straightforward politicians out there. Have you met the man? I have.

So the guy got too drunk one night at a ball game, have to say I've been there. The man had a DUI when he was younger...big deal so did thousands of other Ontarians including many of my family members, he made ammends and carried on in his life. What I care about is his track record as a politician and his contributions to the community. The man bleeds this city, he truly cares about the people. Why would a millionaire spend 50-60 hours a week helping the city (and underprivileged kids for that matter) for 80K a year? His foundation alone has done wonders to help high school football.

I think he'll make a great mayor if the voters of Toronto do the right thing and turf the Dippers out. The man isn't perfect, but neither is Toronto. It's about time we had politicians that truly represent the population GOOD AND BAD. Ford is responsible for one of the biggest economic booms coming to Toronto (Woodbine) and he knows how to run a successful multi-million dollar company. If anyone can actually straighten this city up it'll be him.

Besides, who else is there?

The Billion Dollar Man George Smitherman?
    Rocco "Lets copy Rob Ford's plans and Smitherman's haircut" Rossi?

The other two (Thomson and Joey Pants) are complely offside we can't take them serious anymore.

PS. My uncle is running in Ward 31 Beaches if any of you are in this ward and want some information feel free to PM me.
    Last edited by mat2312; 09-16-2010 at 04:22 PM.
    www.durhaminline.com Inline Hockey in Durham Region

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.

Quote Originally Posted by 82Seca750 View Post

I'll gladly take the loose cannon goofball, cause I could care less about him putting his foot in his mouth with frequency while he puts dollars back in my wallet
    Plus, the guy is ENTERTAINING!!!!

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.

can't get anymore clown than Mel Lastman. Didn't know Woodbine was experiencing a boom though my house is just couple minutes from it. Houses in my neighbourhood have been selling like hot cakes and my house literally skyrocketed 50% from last year. My cousin down the block is selling hers and bought another flip house. Would never thought of selling it but now I am. If I could vote I'd vote for Rob Ford.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho44 View Post
    can't get anymore clown than Mel Lastman. Didn't know Woodbine was experiencing a boom though my house is just couple minutes from it. Houses in my neighbourhood have been selling like hot cakes and my house literally skyrocketed 50% from last year. My cousin down the block is selling hers and bought another flip house. Would never thought of selling it but now I am. If I could vote I'd vote for Rob Ford.
    http://dcnonl.com/article/id23970

old article but it shows the future plans that are breaking ground soon I believe

OFAH member

I was hoping they'd built a subway line to the airport as well. Wonder if Ford would speed that process up.

Quote Originally Posted by 82Seca750 View Post

LOL...besides, Toronto (a supposed "world-class" city) being insanely broke and choked up on it's own traffic is embarrassing enough.

If Ford is perceived as some kind of embarrassing clown, then he's just the Mayor this city deserves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchard View Post
    Man, that's like two bucks worth of 50 cent words. I guess that Readers Digest subscription really paid off.
    '92 gixxer 750 - Jupiter

Wait, you guys are selecting a mayor based on the promises which they will not keep. Anyone see something wrong with that? Where is the option for "none of the above".

Voting is easy and marginally useful, but it is a poor substitute for democracy, which requires direct action by concerned citizens
    Optimism, it makes nosense to hope for it simply to satisfy someone else's misguided concept.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostRider1 View Post
    Wait, you guys are selecting a mayor based on the promises which they will not keep. Anyone see something wrong with that? Where is the option for "none of the above".
    Ford will keep the one promise that is the basis of his campaign - THE GRAVY TRAIN IS OVER FOR POLITICIANS

and he scares every elite politician at all levels of Gov't regardless of the flag they fly

that's more than enough for my vote

If I could vote for Toronto's mayor I would vote Rob Ford. I saw this dude easting at Asian Buffet in Etobicoke, now if that isn't a budget minded politician I don't know what it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazon
    N3WMAN is my ride
    2006 ZX-6R PART OUT

Banned

You know you have the right candidate when liberal, ndp and cpc supporters and members all play nice together just to ruin this guys campaign.

I'd vote Ford if I could participate... When politicians from all sides fear/dislike a candidate you know he's doing something right.

Or he's a total moron, and everyone can see it, of all political stripes.

I like a maverick as much as anyone, but I can't vote for a buffoon. Buffoons can be honest and budget-minded, it doesn't make them good leaders or mayors.

Unfortunately, I detest all of the other candidates, almost equally, if not more.

In this particular election I'm going to have to go with the candidate that I think will do the least amount of damage to the city for the next 4 years, so, through gritted teeth and puckered sphincter, I'm going to have to vote Smitherman.

Ugh, I feel dirty now.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster929 View Post
    Or he's a total moron, and everyone can see it, of all political stripes.

I like a maverick as much as anyone, but I can't vote for a buffoon. Buffoons can be honest and budget-minded, it doesn't make them good leaders or mayors.

Unfortunately, I detest all of the other candidates, almost equally, if not more.

In this particular election I'm going to have to go with the candidate that I think will do the least amount of damage to the city for the next 4 years, so, through gritted teeth and puckered sphincter, I'm going to have to vote Smitherman.

Ugh, I feel dirty now.
    So lemme get this straight... you want to vote for the one who will do the least amount of damage, so you will vote for the guy who in his last office blew $1 billion on the e-health scandal?

Yeah, makes sense to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    So lemme get this straight... you want to vote for the one who will do the least amount of damage, so you will vote for the guy who in his last office blew $1 billion on the e-health scandal?

Yeah, makes sense to me!
    I don't dispute it. Smitherman's a bad candidate. He's a bad politician, I find him personally offensive, and he's likely incompetent. The fact that I consider him the least dangerous candidates says something about the rest of the field.

One is a buffoon. Another claims he can build a tunnel through Forest Hill to the Gardiner. One is Miller's old bum-buddy. Another is someone I've never even heard of, so a vote for her is a vote for Koko the Gorilla.

I'm seriously contemplating spoiling the ballot. It's something I've never done before.

Banned

He must be one big buffoon for you to wanna vote for a bad politician whom you find personally offensive and likely incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    Or the guy who is behind putting a gas powerplant in the middle of a residential area in oakville.

Seems like he isn't capable of much damage to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazon
    N3WMAN is my ride
    2006 ZX-6R PART OUT