Caledon Noise Bylaw for motorcycles - Page 11

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Caledon Noise Bylaw for motorcycles

Re: Caledon Noise Bylaw for motorcycles

Quote Originally Posted by bonner_stabone View Post
    And any cops on this four (you are very easy to spot) wake the **** up. It is to serve and protect not to push people around cause I used to get picked on. So start serving for the community and not for the small few who out rank you and are getting huge kick backs to enforce bs like this.
    Are you insinuating that I'm a Cop....that's funny...I think the nic suits you ....Bonner....lmfao
    Rixter

Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post

Anyone living near there will really be upset when they get targeted every day and have to waste 30mins appeasing some nerd with authority and a hard on for loud pipes..
    That means next year I'll have to leave for work a hour early everyday and have dinner an hour later because I live in Caledon...lol
    Rixter

Quote Originally Posted by Kokla View Post
    Hey guys, big ride through Belfountain?

-ONLY mod pipes allowed

This Rixter fellow sounds like a tool.

You live there huh, and you still bash the place?

He posted that to inform your forum, for those of you who didn't know what was going on. Issues reading that? So did you show up for any of the meetings?

Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Hey Rick!!
    Welcome to GTAM !!

Better get Sweet and some of your crew in here to back you up.

ZX600 is my buddy, i'll wring his greasy neck when i see him, but you have to do me a favor in exchange.
    When you see this lucky2 fellow, give him the MC bonk on the head for me please.

Say hello to everyone for me.

Oh i'm here darlin, and you know i'm the violent one. Just reading up now.... Miss you buddy, large. Solid is as solid DOES!

I agree wholeheartedly with your post. I find i'm arguing with myself as to whether I want to just ride outside of Caledon, with my aftermarket pipes with full baffle, or if I want to put my stock back on and ride thru Belfountain every damn day, without spending a cent of course in Caledon. We are 5 minutes north of Brampton, so getting out of the driveway i'm already in Caledon. It took me all of 5 minutes to decide that I'm not going to let the Belfountain and Forks residents win. They can bite me where the sun don't shine. They've awoken a sleeping giant, by discriminating against motorcyclists, they thought they had it bad before. They ain't seen nothing yet. We don't have to be loud to pay them back, we just have to be present in their quaint little village.....

And with the colder weather, every single motorcycle, stock or aftermarket, is louder. So much for their db tester....

If he is, he's not too swift, and definately not worth the typing to reply to him..... definately worth the laugh tho!

Quote Originally Posted by Rixter's Gal View Post
    Oh i'm here darlin, and you know i'm the violent one. Just reading up now.... Miss you buddy, large. Solid is as solid DOES!
    Hey Sweet!!
    Get the whole crew in here, we could use some new members and points of view.
    And in case you haven't discovered Pete's superbike tires yet, better check that out, he has the lowest prices i've ever seen.
    (he sells all types of tires)

Quote Originally Posted by Rixter's Gal View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly with your post. I find i'm arguing with myself as to whether I want to just ride outside of Caledon, with my aftermarket pipes with full baffle, or if I want to put my stock back on and ride thru Belfountain every damn day, without spending a cent of course in Caledon. We are 5 minutes north of Brampton, so getting out of the driveway i'm already in Caledon. It took me all of 5 minutes to decide that I'm not going to let the Belfountain and Forks residents win. They can bite me where the sun don't shine. They've awoken a sleeping giant, by discriminating against motorcyclists, they thought they had it bad before. They ain't seen nothing yet. We don't have to be loud to pay them back, we just have to be present in their quaint little village.....
    "Stock pipe group ride to Caledon, 2011"

Oh Agave baby, not just Caledon, thru the Forks of the Credit and in for a rest stop in the quaint lil village of Belfountain. Do bring your own drinks, and a full tank, as we don't want to leave ANY of our money there.... hehe

I have a 1985 two stroker and it is impossible to purchase as the say "factory pipes" that will pass the bylaw and im sure a few other people who have kept there old bike will also encounter this problem?? We arnt allowed to tear down the old buildings in Caledon as they are historic, well bikes are history as well. Looks like the people with the money will get there way and worse then that they have the OPP to enforce it. I thought by laws should be dealt with by the bylaw enforcement agency in the area but it seems those with the money dont want to pay more taxes for that so they can even get the OPP to jump through hoops for them. Its a dam shame that these people are tying up our law enforcement from going out and doing what police are meant to do write speeding tickets on Hwy 10.

So.. any updates on this?

Nothing to update. The law is in place.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Sorry, I meant has anyone been checked roadside yet? Maybe they will be out later when the weather gets much more warmer.

Are there any stats on how many kazoo riders have been nailed?

I've seen zero evidence of actual enforcement - but it's still early in the riding season. I've been hearing that only the idle portion of the test is going to be done because of the difficulty of getting an RPM measurement that cannot be questioned. If you have a bike that is potentially questionable, make sure you familiarize yourself with the test (it has been discussed extensively in this thread and elsewhere) and if there are any errors done when your bike is tested, make sure you call them out on it. One thing to be aware of is that the bylaw that has been passed incorrectly calls (or called - I don't know if they've fixed it) for the dB meter to be set on "fast" response but the SAE J2825 procedure requires it to be set on "slow" response. The police are aware of this and all testing at the demo sessions was correctly done on "slow" response ... but this is another thing to check for yourself if your bike is being tested. It appears to be impossible for even a stock bike to pass if the testing is done on "fast" response ... if you get a ticket because of this situation, post up, I own a stock-exhaust bike that passes by a wide margin on "slow" (correct, per J2825) but fails when incorrectly tested on "fast".

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    I've seen zero evidence of actual enforcement - but it's still early in the riding season. I've been hearing that only the idle portion of the test is going to be done because of the difficulty of getting an RPM measurement that cannot be questioned. If you have a bike that is potentially questionable, make sure you familiarize yourself with the test (it has been discussed extensively in this thread and elsewhere) and if there are any errors done when your bike is tested, make sure you call them out on it. One thing to be aware of is that the bylaw that has been passed incorrectly calls (or called - I don't know if they've fixed it) for the dB meter to be set on "fast" response but the SAE J2825 procedure requires it to be set on "slow" response. The police are aware of this and all testing at the demo sessions was correctly done on "slow" response ... but this is another thing to check for yourself if your bike is being tested. It appears to be impossible for even a stock bike to pass if the testing is done on "fast" response ... if you get a ticket because of this situation, post up, I own a stock-exhaust bike that passes by a wide margin on "slow" (correct, per J2825) but fails when incorrectly tested on "fast".
    There was a report to Caledon council in Feb. which indicates that the by-law dept. and OPP are aware of the need to measure with the meter set on "slow" response and advising council that the wording of the by-law should be changed. After Oct.1/11 there was a single group of five motorcycles tested, all passed. Another testing session later in October was cancelled because of windy weather.

I have heard nothing about whether or not the Halton police/Oakville by-law officials in Oakville will be running "courtesy" testing sessions prior to July 1/12.

I have seen a copy of a letter from the Provincial government indicating that they consider that the current Highway Traffic Act section on vehicle noise is adequate and can be enforced, since in 2010 there were over 3,500 successful prosecutions.

AFJ

There is an interesting web site/blog concerning the motorcycle noise testing situation out in Edmonton, Alberta where this issue all started about 3 years ago. Particularly in regard to the problems with the J2825 sound testing procedure and the difficulty the Edmonton Police Service seems to have with accurate testing.

Go to http://www.modeledmonton.com (Motorcyclists Opposing Discriminatory Exhaust Legislation)

AFJ

And then there is the view of Ted Laturnus in the Globe and Mail.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...rticle2412558/

AFJ

Quote Originally Posted by AFJ View Post
    And then there is the view of Ted Laturnus in the Globe and Mail.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...rticle2412558/

AFJ
    He's a bloody idiot.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde