SOAR Round 5 - WOW!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SOAR Round 5 - WOW!!!

SOAR Round 5 - WOW!!!

Talk about stiff competition... WOW.

Most front runners in the 12's and 13's.

This past weekend has upped the bar BIG TIME.

Thanks to all for an amazing weekend.

Let's hope Oct weather holds out to see if we can up it again (but that will be a tall order for sure)
    Last edited by eastcoast_gsx; 09-13-2010 at 11:45 AM.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Re: SOAR Round 5 - WOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    Talk about stiff competition... WOW.

Most front runners in the 12's and 13's.

This past weekend has upped the bar BIG TIME.

Thanks to all for an amazing weekend.

Let's hope Oct weather holds out to see if we can up it again (but that will be a tall order for sure)
    Thats for sure. You did well newf. So glad you didnt get hurt in your get off. At the speeds you guys are going even a little FUBAR can end in injury.

I'm a little surprised that no one protested Amzy in Rookie.

There was definitely some great racing this weekend. I was disappointed that my seldom problematic allergies kept me from seeing well enough to ride.

Le sigh.
    Last edited by caboose483; 09-13-2010 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post

There was definitely some great racing this weekend. I was disappointed that my seldom problematic allergies kept me from seeing well enough to ride.

Le sigh.
    I suffer from the same, only Aerius will help, expensive but the best.

Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

Le sigh.

Rookie isnt about how fast or slow you are its a race for people with less than 6 weekends of racing experience and I believe he does qualify for that. Unless you have some knowledge that I am unaware of?

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    Rookie isnt about how fast or slow you are its a race for people with less than 6 weekends of racing experience and I believe he does qualify for that. Unless you have some knowledge that I am unaware of?
    I could be mistaken, but did he not do some racing last year on his RS125?

A quick googling shows that he's been racing for 4-5 years between his RS and smaller bikes. How much of that counts as legitimate experience towards motorcycle road racing could be subjective.

??
    Last edited by caboose483; 09-13-2010 at 01:02 PM.

I could be mistaken, but did he not do some racing last year on his RS125?
    Not sure but if he did and he is protested then we will deal with it.

I had a great time again. Glad the weather co-operated too.
    I hope Lost Era won't continue to be lumped together. I had hoped to campaign both classes but wasn't able to this past wknd.
    Ken?

I also think something needs to be worked out as far as scoring for Endurance. It seems timing isn't relaible enough to count for every lap mechanically, so teams are on their honour. Adding up the times might show this.
    By math, it seems some teams are averaging better than 1:20/ lap, including 3-4 rider changes and fuel up. Amazing really, if every member of the team isn't capable of an honest 1:15. Seeing as a fuel and rider stop will cost at least 1 minute for the ride thru pit lane and the stop itself, that would take 12-15 laps at a 1:15 to make up for one stop, to make an average of 1:20
    Last edited by omnivore; 09-13-2010 at 01:42 PM.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Lets not turn this into a ***** fest thread, that wasn't the point of it.

BUT, if that is a legit rookie record, it will stand the test of time... lol.

Did I mention how FAST everyone was....!!!

Quote Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
    I had a great time again. Glad the weather co-operated too.
    I hope Lost Era won't continue to be lumped together. I had hoped to campaign both classes but wasn't able to this past wknd.
    Ken?

I also think something needs to be worked out as far as scoring for Endurance. It seems timing isn't relaible enough to count for every lap mechanically, so teams are on their honour. Adding up the times might show this.
    By math, it seems some teams are averaging better than 1:20/ lap, including 3-4 rider changes and fuel up. Amazing really, if every member of the team isn't capable of an honest 1:15. Seeing as a fuel and rider stop will cost at least 1 minute for the ride thru pit lane and the stop itself, that would take 12-15 laps at a 1:15 to make up for one stop, to make an average of 1:20
    what teams did 3-4 rider changes and still averaged 1:20's? Pretty easy to determine if the riders are capable?

Aubrey was running legitimate 1:16s-1:17's for an hour.

I'm not sure what times the other riders on that team were running.

Quote Originally Posted by chinto View Post
    what teams did 3-4 rider changes and still averaged 1:20's? Pretty easy to determine if the riders are capable?
    Mike and Johnny were well under the 1:20 mark during their stints on the Racer5 bike, they both did an hour each, our student rider was in the 1:25's consistently for his 30 min stint and we barely fueled the final stop when mike finished up.

Mike led the race and didn't run above 1:18 for the first hour on a completely stock streetbike with nothing but bodywork and tires.

The winners of the race had three riders that were consistantly sub 1:17 and made two stops total.
    We do not go on the honor system. We use our system and back it up with manual sheets. Our system while not perfect is more dependable than you think.
    There is a 100% accurate way set in place already, and has been since our very first endurance race last year. The manual sheets are handed out. Each team sends a person to the timing end of the pits. Every time the bike goes by your score person writes down the displayed number ON THE OFFICIAL CLOCK and viola. A un cheatable system. Its just the teams do not want to do this. I think next round it will be required or we will discard their manual results. This is done at EVERY endurance series so why not ours?
    Every team always thinks they did better than they did. The top four GTO teams were within two laps of each other. So if they had been cheating and we didnt have anything to back it up (which we do) then its a hell of a coincidence that they all were so close on laps without comparing notes, dont you think?

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    Mike and Johnny were well under the 1:20 mark during their stints on the Racer5 bike, they both did an hour each, our student rider was in the 1:25's consistently for his 30 min stint and we barely fueled the final stop when mike finished up.

Mike led the race and didn't run above 1:18 for the first hour on a completely stock streetbike with nothing but bodywork and tires.
    exactly.

In fact all of the top 3 teams in GTO consisted of more than capable riders.

Had a GREAT weekend, knocked another 1.1 seconds off my personal best and enjoyed everyones company as much as ever.

Can't wait for what ever October will bring.(I'm personally hoping for hot and sunny, but hey who knows.)

Everyone stepped up their game BIG time. more than a few 1:12 laps, and it seemed like EVERYONE was in the 1:15's. VERY close racing all around.

Thanks for all the continued hard work SOAR.

Michelle hope that you have a SPEEDY recovery.
    Rob
    SOAR Novice #30 - 07 CBR600RR
    Thank you to Flying Squirrel Motorcycle and Wayne at Kennedy Motorsports http://kennedymotorsports.com.

Very good weekend of racing and the experience was a blast. Have to say big thanks to Prostar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jia View Post
    Very good weekend of racing and the experience was a blast. Have to say big thanks to Prostar.

You were going well. Good job man.

When you introducing me to your parents

Well, I fell off (which has been a rare occurrence), but it was still an awesome weekend. Now if only those pesky vintage folks didn't have a conflicting event ...

It was a great weekend ............. lots of fun and a faster pace than I expected. Amzy ......... now this kid is fast, watch out ........ Ken and the SOAR staff, nice job very impressed ........ I'm think'n Frank may need to come and play at the last round.......... I had a great time, and to me ol'e trout on a good weekend (less the dents) and his personell best lap times ......... thanks to all. BG

Quote Originally Posted by Ben G View Post
    I'm think'n Frank may need to come and play at the last round.......... I had a great time, and to me ol'e trout on a good weekend (less the dents) and his personell best lap times ......... thanks to all. BG

I fully support this idea!!