SOAR Round 5 - WOW!!! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SOAR Round 5 - WOW!!!

Re: SOAR Round 5 - WOW!!!

Jody you might need to learn some Karate first and get jacked like this guy just in case something comes at ya when you break the news to them. Either that or wear all your gear and have your bike running outside for the getaway

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    The winners of the race had three riders that were consistantly sub 1:17 and made two stops total.
    We do not go on the honor system. We use our system and back it up with manual sheets. Our system while not perfect is more dependable than you think.
    There is a 100% accurate way set in place already, and has been since our very first endurance race last year. The manual sheets are handed out. Each team sends a person to the timing end of the pits. Every time the bike goes by your score person writes down the displayed number ON THE OFFICIAL CLOCK and viola. A un cheatable system. Its just the teams do not want to do this. I think next round it will be required or we will discard their manual results. This is done at EVERY endurance series so why not ours?
    Every team always thinks they did better than they did. The top four GTO teams were within two laps of each other. So if they had been cheating and we didnt have anything to back it up (which we do) then its a hell of a coincidence that they all were so close on laps without comparing notes, dont you think?
    This is a great idea. If everyone wrote times on the same sheet AS RIDERS passed, and timers were all together away from their teams and pits, it'd be indisputable. I didn't realize this is how other series do it.
    Great idea.
    Any info as to whether Lost Era will continue to be lumped together? Was this done to make time for FF or Sidecars?
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Awesome weekend!! The weather turned out to be the perfect.

Thanks for running the Formula 2 stroke class this round
    Charly "Magician" Vu

S.O.A.R.
    R.A.C.E.

www.charlyvu.com

Twitter account at : http://twitter.com/CharlyVuRacing
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/CharlyVuRacer

david@charlyvu.com

Quote Originally Posted by dvu3 View Post

I second that one for sure!!

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    Mike and Johnny were well under the 1:20 mark during their stints on the Racer5 bike, they both did an hour each, our student rider was in the 1:25's consistently for his 30 min stint and we barely fueled the final stop when mike finished up.

Mike led the race and didn't run above 1:18 for the first hour on a completely stock streetbike with nothing but bodywork and tires.
    It was fun! But it did burn me out for the rest of the weekend. No more mixing Endurance and Sprint racing in the same weekend.
    Pro # 175

Thanks to my Sponsors: Racer5, SpeedWorx, SpeedGear, Kawasaki Canada,
    Uber-Racing, Pirelli/ Orion Motorsports, Kahuna Powersports, Armour Bodies, WoodCraft, MotoVan, Vortex, TechSpec, Sidi & PitBull

The winners of the race had three riders that were consistantly sub 1:17 and made two stops total.
    And they had a quick fill tank, which is pure awesomeness

I didn't know so many people were on GTAM. I'm going to have to write down your numbers beforehand next time...
    I enjoy listening to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KR1 View Post
    It was fun! But it did burn me out for the rest of the weekend. No more mixing Endurance and Sprint racing in the same weekend.
    +1. Saturday's qualifying after the endurance wasn't too bad but Sunday was a tough go. A good weekend overall. We won our first endurance race, I got more comfortable with the new bike and my wife kicked butt. Great to meet some new race people too!

Thanks to Ben at Prostar!
    2011 R.A.C.E. Middleweight Twins Champion
    www.bulletmotoracing.com
    Thanks to: Motovan, Durham Top Quality Collision, Hindle exhausts, OGK Kabuto Helmets, Vortex Racing, Impact Safe-T-Armor, Suzuki of Newmarket and Orion Motorsports

We do not go on the honor system. We use our system and back it up with manual sheets. Our system while not perfect is more dependable than you think.
    There is a 100% accurate way set in place already, and has been since our very first endurance race last year. The manual sheets are handed out. Each team sends a person to the timing end of the pits. Every time the bike goes by your score person writes down the displayed number ON THE OFFICIAL CLOCK and viola. A un cheatable system. Its just the teams do not want to do this. I think next round it will be required or we will discard their manual results. This is done at EVERY endurance series so why not ours?
    Every team always thinks they did better than they did. The top four GTO teams were within two laps of each other. So if they had been cheating and we didnt have anything to back it up (which we do) then its a hell of a coincidence that they all were so close on laps without comparing notes, dont you think?
    Quick question. The race was super close. In this case it could have very well turned out in a four way tie. what happens in a tie? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by BartD43 View Post
    Quick question. The race was super close. In this case it could have very well turned out in a four way tie. what happens in a tie? Just wondering.
    Its who crosses the line first. BTW I am going to review the GTO as soon as Tracy unpacks the manual sheets I have the Zoomius just want to double,triple check.

Quote Originally Posted by BartD43 View Post
    Hey Bart, welcome to the site.
    Rob
    SOAR Novice #30 - 07 CBR600RR
    Thank you to Flying Squirrel Motorcycle and Wayne at Kennedy Motorsports http://kennedymotorsports.com.

Its who crosses the line first. BTW I am going to review the GTO as soon as Tracy unpacks the manual sheets I have the Zoomius just want to double,triple check.

Ok I kinda figured it to be something like that. Thats awesome, thanks.

Hey there Rob!! Yeah I'v been lurking around, trying to pic up a tip or two. lol

Quote Originally Posted by dvu3 View Post

Ditto!

Hopefully we'll see this class grow as well
    BUY MY BIKE!
    2007 Honda CRF 150R Big Wheel Supermoto with dirt wheels, $3600

Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt. - William Shakespare