Get Ready - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get Ready

Re: Get Ready

wait, i'm not ready. need more
    x

I'm sorry, for keeping everyone!!!!

I'm ready now..........standing by.....with Shea butter lotion!!!!!
    I ride hard & fast on street and track.....get the right advice @ Riders Choice .......I dive deep with The Dive Academy in Oakville.....come dive with us

There is no planet B.

everyone's ready now

Prediction: I beat FZ1Oakville with project details on something I just bought today, but still won't have for a week and probably won't do anything meaningful with for two weeks after that.

Oh, but get ready.

p.s. ban FZ1Oakville for weak thread skillz
    Better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.

Screw it - I'm one-upping FZ1Oakville - here's mine

WTF? You bastard, where did you get that sweetass SRX?
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Quote Originally Posted by RetroGrouch View Post
    WTF? You bastard, where did you get that sweetass SRX?
    A friend. Just over 10,000km - a little rough, and has sat for many years, but good bones and hopefully will be on the road come spring.

Well I was ready.. just not for THAT.. :P
    VN9008CF - Candy Lime Green.

sweet! i'm in line behind retro if you ever wanna sell.

Banned

Okay, I'm finally ready. Bring it on.
    Mark H.
    06 ZX-14

Wholly *&^%sorry everyone, I've actually kind of forgot I started this "get ready" thread --- looks like I had a few followers too ---
    Ok -- Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010 Sept FZ Project Start.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	23212 Here is the project -----

Started with a 1986 FZ600 / and this is how I recieved the bike ...... intacted, but not much of it was bolted together, or wired - the bike rolled / and needed some TLC to get it started ---
    I will go through what I did - rather quickly .......
    Last edited by FZ1Oakville; 01-06-2011 at 09:28 PM. Reason: edited my swear word out, since the filter didn't work

BTW Yetti ... awesome video --

Quote Originally Posted by klr_guy View Post
    Prediction: I beat FZ1Oakville with project details on something I just bought today, but still won't have for a week and probably won't do anything meaningful with for two weeks after that.

Oh, but get ready.

p.s. ban FZ1Oakville for weak thread skillz
    Facts ------
    1.Your prediction skills are horrible - because its 3 months later, and I don't see your project up anywhere.
    2. Ban klr guy for requesting a ban because he couldn't wait the 4+ months it took me to post info on my project.

The first week in October - I rolled the bike out, and took these before pictures - This is what I purchased (I did get a seat with it) everything else, I had to source and buy.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010 Sept FZ Project Start side.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	23213

Oct 10 to 30th - I stripped the front fairing and tank off and pulled out the air box/ battery holder/ wiring harness and a few other things that were in the way - and proped the bike up in my garage to re- wrap and replace some terminals and cleanup the original harness.
    I found partial rear fairings and put some putty on the tank and sanded, primed and painted the tank, fenders, fairings - including the front fairing which needed some fiberglass repair and some strengthing
    I found a case cover for $40 (as I was missing mine) dumped the existing oil/ replaced with new -- squirted the carbs and linkage up, checked the compression, changed the plugs - grinded the exhaust down and painted it, and installed it, and put the harness back together and on - enough so that I could boost the bike and see if it would fire.....on the 5th try, it started up --- I sync'd the carbs at idle and it ran smooth
    I decided that rather than completley restore this bike, that I would put it back together in this condition - still knowing that I was missing a tail piece, fairing set - and a couple of other odds and ends....

When I picked up the bike, engine condition was "unknown" and it was rough and missing parts --- overall I'd say a 3/10 ---- In the 3 or 4 weeks that I actually worked on it --- I believe I brought it up to a 6.5/10 ---- and off it went to the next owner ---
    I'd love to post a couple of the "After" Pics - but I just tried and it says I'm over my quota -- so I have put them on photobucket and made a link

I don't know if the project details and pictures I've given were worthy of a 4 month wait - my appologies to all. http://s1134.photobucket.com/albums/...akville/FZ600/

nvm fail at reading lol
    Last edited by Pocket; 01-10-2011 at 01:48 PM.