The Sun article you've all been waiting for... - Page 11

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: The Sun article you've all been waiting for...

Re: The Sun article you've all been waiting for...

Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    I told you not to post my picture!!
    You are looking good for your 41 Bday today
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

Quote Originally Posted by killerkeith View Post
    In the original "The last thing Goldie Eng remembers before she was T-boned is speeding towards the red Ford F-150 pickup truck that ran a stop sign."

Goldie "speeding" toward the truck implies she was already breaking the speed limit which is believable considering Jenny used the "evil sport bikes" angle and Goldie riding one at the time of the crash. Victims of crime while committing crimes garner little to no sympathy.

Now it reads..."The last thing Goldie Eng remembers before she was T-boned is cautiously approaching the red Ford F-150 pick-up that had just run a stop sign."

BIG F-ing Difference.

That would have changed the whole tone of this article or at the very least exonerated Goldie of the crash. The reader might have identified with Goldie rather than dismiss her as a speed demon who's luck had run out.

No one will ever see the changes the Sun made on line or the tiny statement on page 33 tomorrow regarding the horrible error in judgement made by Jenny.
    Dont be silly to think that it was an "error", it was intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostRider1 View Post
    Dont be silly to think that it was an "error", it was intentional.
    Go tinfoil hat crew. Represent.

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post
    and i show you the accident pic of a head to head confrontation as shown in the other thread (and i think this thread prior). That's Goldie's prized bike there and had she been on a smaller bike it is quite possible that it would not have absorbed as much of the impact force, at least that's a theory that's been mentioned.

photo removed by request.

Had she been hit on the side (which is what a T-Bone is) I suspect she would be missing limbs or likely not be with us at all.
    It very well could be that Goldie was hit head-on, and that could be cleared up after the ongoing lawsuit is settled. But I can't go ahead and write that she was hit head-on when Goldie – the person involved in the crash – says she was T-boned. How can I source anything otherwise?

What I CAN do is change in the online story is that she SAYS she was t-boned. That is factual. She did say that.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggin View Post
    What I CAN do is change in the online story is that she SAYS she was t-boned. That is factual. She did say that.
    Nobody can argue that.

Quote Originally Posted by djltoronto View Post
    Nobody can argue that.
    Story has been changed online.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/toron.../15319456.html

What is done is done, about you redeem yourself (if you care to) and maybe actually produce a good article.

Let me give you an idea:

This is one of the posts in relation to the accident where a girl fell off a bike while the rider was running from the cops

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Pic View Post
    This is all HTA-172. I've been a strong advocate on here of the psychological implications of the law. Now the worst has happened.*

My whole point boils down to the cornering a rat. If you know you're going to lose your bike, your license, your insurance, and your life road-side - - a normally "sensible" person who would normally pull over, may run from the cops.*

We are turning into the US. Good guy vs. bad guy. We used to respect our cops. Now they are hated and feared.

This rider knew that. If not for the aggressive actions of the OPP, and their "hunt" for our sportbikes, this girl would be alive. The rider would have pulled over for a ticket, end of story.

There is no hiding behind the psychological implications of this road-side injustice of HTA-172. Why can't our law makers see that?

Riders are now running.

The younger the rider, the more likely he is going to run.

Young riders are going to start riding without plates or insurance.

You push the people too far, the people push back.

The psychology also bleeds into the police...hit the cherries - "are you gonna run from me punk?" Cops are adrenaline junkies too.

I hope the cops read this thread. They have turned a respect-respect relationship from Ontario riders into hate. And now as I've written before, people will die as this girl has.

Always go to the "source" of a problem. That's how you will create change.

This young woman died a brutal death due to a senseless pseudo-Nazi like law imposed on a normally "free" people.*

This girl deserves the help and respect from all of riders in the GTA.

Turn yourself in rider!

Ontario, you must repeal HTA-172. No law is worth a life. And there will be more taken as more riders "run."

I'm sorry this happened to you Ioana. God bless.
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

Quote Originally Posted by djltoronto View Post
    But....
    So it becomes option #2, since #3 is right out.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

It very well could be that Goldie was hit head-on, and that could be cleared up after the ongoing lawsuit is settled. But I can't go ahead and write that she was hit head-on when Goldie – the person involved in the crash – says she was T-boned. How can I source anything otherwise?

I think people should first think about where the term "T-Bone" came from. Years ago it was used to described a collision of two vehicles, when one hits the broad side of the other. Makes sense because they are both not as wide as they are long. But when you factor a bike into the scene, technically a T-Bone exists no matter how a bike hits a car or truck. A bike can hit the front of that truck and it is still a broad side compared to the narrow width of a bike. And because of that (assuming she did use the term T-Bone) it could be an honest mistake of term-use given the circumstances.

It wouldn't be the first time that people get mixed up on (or actually even mis-use the term they mean) and use the wrong term. She might have said T-Bone while thinking head-on....or like I say, used the wrong term right from the get-go.

When media does retractions or corrections or (exclusions affecting context; the balance of Bandit Bill's post) are not unlike a court room when, what you want people (jurors/or in this case the general public) to hear, you get them to hear even though defense might cry foul and raise an objection. The judge sustains the objection, instructs the jurors to disregard what they just heard...but the damage has already been done/accomplished. You can't unring a bell.
    This is why media reporting need to actively resist every single time they do a story, sensationalism at the expense of morality.

If you take the almighty dollar out of the situation, the choice is usually not grey or difficult to define at all.
    Last edited by thumpit; 09-15-2010 at 12:53 PM.

so we have a crappy journalist from a rag thats one step away from being sold at checkouts omitting facts and playing into stereotypes to kiss the *** of her boss.

SHOCKING.

In this particular bit o' drama arc, we actually have the journalist accurately quoting what was said.

Something many have failed to return the favour with - ie: "ninjaboys".

Quote Originally Posted by Sundie View Post
    In this particular bit o' drama arc, we actually have the journalist accurately quoting what was said.

Something many have failed to return the favour with - ie: "ninjaboys".

+1

I was going to mention the same thing. Seems GTAM'ers are jsut as guilty of writing dribble. the term "Ninja Boys" was quoted...not Jenny's term.
    "When you invite the whole world to your party, inevitably someone pees in the beer."

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

Was there really any question to the fact it was quoted? Quoting a stupid term still only helps promote it's use. Quoting the n-bomb in an article about Carribana probably wouldn't make a lot of people happy either... sure it's not your words, but that doesn't make you less of an idiot for repeating it.

Quote Originally Posted by adri View Post
    Was there really any question to the fact it was quoted? Quoting a stupid term still only helps promote it's use. Quoting the n-bomb in an article about Carribana probably wouldn't make a lot of people happy either... sure it's not your words, but that doesn't make you less of an idiot for repeating it.
    you -->

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Was the RTI quote accurate?
    If that's the case I won't send my kids there for training. Their version of reasonable does not match my own.

As far as "ninjaboys", I just assumed that the paper sold more Kawasaki advertising than Suzuki.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggsy View Post
    Was the RTI quote accurate?
    If that's the case I won't send my kids there for training. Their version of reasonable does not match my own.
    LOL...
    ya, so if 500-600cc's is "reasonable" are 125's, and 250's considered unreasonable?

says RTI program manager Barbara Piatkowski, who recommends 500 to 600ccs as a reasonable starter bike.

Since it's not a direct quote, assume it's ********.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazon
    N3WMAN is my ride
    2006 ZX-6R PART OUT

Good article...Goldie rocks

Proud owner of a 2001 Kawi 250 (low side count: 3)
    UWaterloo '13-14 - Fin. Analysis, Com. Sci. (SE) Double
    (don't hate on the sig...ye have been warned...)