Best way to begin? - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Best way to begin?

Re: Best way to begin?

I have Ben's approval! I can retire now.

1 2004 ZX-10R Superbike for sale! hahahaha

SOAR !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
    He's not the only one with a personality disorder on this website. He just 'acquired' his. Others are born with theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by toybm View Post
    SOAR !!!

Perfect!!!

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    I have Ben's approval! I can retire now.

1 2004 ZX-10R Superbike for sale! hahahaha
    .......... no soup for you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Ben G View Post
    .......... no soup for you.........

Are you (and Frank??) coming to the last SOAR round?

Wow! I should maybe be a bit more careful with my questions. Seriously though, I do appreciate all of the information and advice that has been offered. Of course there will always be varied opinions on this and many other topics. That doesn't really make any one opinion better than the other, it just makes them different.
    I do think that the best way for me to begin will be to get out there and get involved. I was at Mosport for rounds 4 & 5 of the Parts Canada championship in early July, and although I didn't talk to many competitors, I did enjoy the atmosphere and the racing. The TTXGP electric bikes on the sunday were interesting even if they were not very evenly matched.
    There have been some very generous offers made by some posters that I think would be a definite help in getting myself started, and I do plan on taking them up on the offer. I do think that hanging around with people who know the sport is really the only way for a newcomer to get involved without making some very expensive and avoidable mistakes. It's hard to put a price on experience. I'm just glad to hear that there are people out there who are willing to help.
    I just wanted to post a message to say thanks, and I hope to meet many of you in the near future.

First and foremost.......Have Fun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackie View Post
    For the most part, whether some one decides to go to Shannonville or Cayuga, especially as a beginner, will have FAR more to do with which track is closer, or if they have a friend at a particular track who will go with them, not if Frank Trombino races there.
    Bingo! Finally someone can understand a mentality of the street riding customer who is on the outside looking in. That and the PRICE and value of the package (is bike, gear included? ....). I really didn't care one bit whether the instructor has won any pro race or not. I simply didn't care about the name. I figured if I am at level 1, I don't need necessary level 10 racer. As long as he's been racing at some level and is a good communicator that's all I needed. And for that I relied on the reputation of the school to provide. Simple, really.

As sad as it is, the thread just shows that one is better off to not ask such question here. That is if you know someone who you trust and go with his/her advice and experience. It doesn't hurt to do a bit of homework yourself, by going to the tracks on a race weekend or a school day. It's easy to hookup with the people running a school. At least the one I went with was. I pretty much knew everything about the course before I took my 1st stage.

I like, RACE, I like SOAR, I like PCSB... I love racing.

And spinto, come see for yourself how competitive SOAR racing is. That is truly the only way to tell.

I will give you $50 of my own money if you can get on the podium in ANY class at the last round.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

I had planned on racing at SOAR this season. I never said it wasn't competitive, especially at my slow pace!! I know most the guys who race there and RACE. They have a blast!!

Don't need your money...should probably hold on to it.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    I like, RACE, I like SOAR, I like PCSB... I love racing.

And spinto, come see for yourself how competitive SOAR racing is. That is truly the only way to tell.

I will give you $50 of my own money if you can get on the podium in ANY class at the last round.

If i get on the podium can i have $50?

In honour of your 1:08 at Shanny....and if you get a podium this weekend.....i will give you a ....ready???.....a......$20 gift certificate from......McDonalds!!!.....ya.....

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    If i get on the podium can i have $50?

Quote Originally Posted by spinto View Post
    should probably hold on to it.
    That was pretty much guarenteed.

Come out, you will have a blast.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    That was pretty much guarenteed.

Come out, you will have a blast.
    Wish i could...i haven't unloaded the trailer just in case i still can at the last moment....the last round is always so much fun!!

If you need someone to ride for you John............

I'm just sayin'
    "I think you'll like Mat Mladin--if he's on your side. If he's not on your side--you don't like Mat Mladin." - Bob Hanna
    http://www.goloracing.com

You'd help me out???...Thanks

It's only a 600....prob not enough motor....

Quote Originally Posted by franz131 View Post
    If you need someone to ride for you John............

I'm just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by spinto View Post
    You'd help me out???...Thanks

It's only a 600....prob not enough motor....
    True, but I'll suffer through it to help you out
    "I think you'll like Mat Mladin--if he's on your side. If he's not on your side--you don't like Mat Mladin." - Bob Hanna
    http://www.goloracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by franz131 View Post
    True, but I'll suffer through it to help you out
    such a gentleman!!