LED Turn Signals (Electronic Flasher Relay) - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LED Turn Signals (Electronic Flasher Relay)

Re: LED Turn Signals (Electronic Flasher Relay)

Here's the final result dudes and dudettes.

Aint the best looking lights for now, but they should do the job till I can afford good quality Rizoma ones next summer (which run for around $80-90 probably)

looking good.

I'd replace the TINY blinkers with the stock rear's.

Those TINY blinkers are almost IMPOSSIBLE to see...not to mention the weird angle.

I have the bend them up since they were hiding behind the plate due to size. And yeah, I'm going to get these later:

[QUOTE=Jag_V4Ape;1416050]I have the bend them up since they were hiding behind the plate due to size. And yeah, I'm going to get these later:

QUOTE]

I guess you cant use some washers to space them out?

I'd go with size over style...the OEM's have the nice lense cover that makes them visible when its bright out.

I think the sizes of the next ones will be good enough and just is bright if not brighter than stock.

Looks nice i'd like to get something similar for my r6 the existing ones are finished already, i cant even find the bulbs to replace the blown up one.
    scarborough rides.............

Okay, so I tried to attach the relay but it seems like "the blinking" stopped. The turn signals (new ones which I just added) just stayed on. When I didn't remove the stock relay - they were blinking.. but really slow. Almost 1 blink per 1.5 seconds or something. So I'm planning on either 1. Re-attaching the plug back into the relay fuse, or 2. Unless someone knows the problem as of why they arent blinking I'll try another method. Like someone suggested, I cut the relays wire (brown with yellow stripe *negative* and an orange wire *positive*) and basically crimped the wires to the Custom LED's relay I bought which had a red and black wire.

Anyways, if there isnt much of a reason why they stopped blinking, I'm going to need help in knowing how I can unconnect these prongs that holdest the wires inside the female plastic thing that plugs into the OEM fuse. They seem to be stuck in there pretty good, and unless theres a way - do share.

And these are the annoying prongs Im trying to disconnect so I can re connect the wires I just cut off.

Also, I changed those turn signals into something more.. better looking + visible you may say?

EDIT: Just bought a new 552 flasher + that female connector
    Last edited by Jag_V4Ape; 10-08-2010 at 02:12 PM.

Conclusion of the day:

Problem was fixed - the Custom LED Relay for the 2009 ZX6R will not work! I tested and it failed. Infact, what will fix the "slow blinking" problem is a '552 Flasher' which looks like: http://www.connectorsupply.com/catal...er_12_volt.JPG

You can buy this from an auto parts shop (I went to John's Auto Parts - brampton location). Costed me $3 compared to the useless Customs LED plug-and-play BS which costed me about $35 US after shipping.. What a rip off

Anyways, now the blinking is at a 1-2 blinks a second which is a OEM rate. Not fast, not slow.. just perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Jag_V4Ape View Post
    Conclusion of the day:

Problem was fixed - the Custom LED Relay for the 2009 ZX6R will not work! I tested and it failed. Infact, what will fix the "slow blinking" problem is a '552 Flasher' which looks like: http://www.connectorsupply.com/catal...er_12_volt.JPG

You can buy this from an auto parts shop (I went to John's Auto Parts - brampton location). Costed me $3 compared to the useless Customs LED plug-and-play BS which costed me about $35 US after shipping.. What a rip off

Anyways, now the blinking is at a 1-2 blinks a second which is a OEM rate. Not fast, not slow.. just perfect

Congrats..

Video of it all finally working?

I'll hopefully make one once I got all the gizmo's on the bike (neon's working, frame sliders + LED running lights). Once all thats on, I'll make a good video and show it all. Otherwise I'd have a useless video on my youtube page showing just the turn signals lol.

So thanks alot everyone for the help from the start. Couldn't have done it without you dudes/dudettes (especially the time where I mixed the wires around and didnt know why they wouldnt turn on lol).

Quote Originally Posted by woodzee View Post
    ooh you got the trick one the standard one will also work just fine at only $14.95

http://www.customdynamics.com/trick_...rd_DOT_Flasher
    i got the standard one from the same people for my r6 put it on lastnight took me 2 minutes works fine
    scarborough rides.............