I am very disappointed in Blue Streak Racing - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I am very disappointed in Blue Streak Racing

Re: I am very disappointed in Blue Streak Racing

The trouble is that ALL the parts distributors that operate in Canada are a pain to deal with, and all of the retail and online shops are all dealing with the same underlying sources that all suck.

Right now, I have 3 things on order with 3 different shops.

One part has been on order from Thibault for more than 3 months. They have missed an earlier promised date of 30 August. Still not here.

Another is an OEM Kawasaki part. That one missed a promised date of 7 September, although it has only been a couple of weeks. Still aggravating to have a bike apart waiting for this.

The third part has also missed promised dates 3 times.

Two of these situations are becoming mildly critical, although since the bike in question is apart in my own shop, I don't have to pay someone else to put it together and take it apart again when the parts eventually do come.

If these suppliers would stick with their promised-by dates, none of this would be so aggravating. None of these are the fault of the shops that the parts are on order through. It's the suppliers that are jerking them around.

Not sure I side with the customer on this one...

When you purchase something, it is your responsibility to know the terms of sale (e.g., refund or exchange, etc.). If the item doesn't show up in the amount of time "you" decide is appropriate, then well... you're SOL.

Also bad luck about pulling everything apart before verifying you have all the parts for the job.... done it myself, and I feel for you there. But that's only our own fault too.

But retailers have to deal with these issues all the time, and unfortunately the entitlement of some customers goes beyond what's reasonable. Delays happen, we all have to work with that. You said yourself that BSR really tried hard to get your parts to you. That was their obligation, they upheld it. OK, you don't want your $40 (which I don't agree you are entitled to anyway, as it was your call to get parts from another seller despite full knowledge of the original terms of sale.) Then would you like him to fire the person who missed the order? Would that be an appropriate solution?

You know, the best relationships I've had with retailers have never been entirely smooth. Instead of posting your experience, going online should have instead reassured you that BSR has a good rep and are not out to rip anyone off. Then you should have contacted them to discuss the situation in more detail, if possible. This was an opportunity to become a notable customer of a good shop, but instead you've really $#!t the bed. Perhaps you should reconsider online ordering for your parts. Word of mouth happens between retailers about their customers too.

Quote Originally Posted by oomis View Post
    My communication with him was excellent, he looked at creative ways of solving the problem, but at the end of the day, I had to spend extra money and time to solve the problem that he created, and not to take responsibility for that in any way is disappointing.
    If the distributor sent BSR only a portion of the order then how did Tony create the problem? If he's willing to go through great efforts to try and get you the required parts in a timely fashion then how can you say that he is not taking responsibility? It appears as though he's willing to eat the costs of ordering an additional kit just to please you so why the hate? Tony is not responsible for your actions, nor your scheduled plans. And threats of public slander are lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    The trouble is that ALL the parts distributors that operate in Canada are a pain to deal with, and all of the retail and online shops are all dealing with the same underlying sources that all suck.

Right now, I have 3 things on order with 3 different shops.

One part has been on order from Thibault for more than 3 months. They have missed an earlier promised date of 30 August. Still not here.

Another is an OEM Kawasaki part. That one missed a promised date of 7 September, although it has only been a couple of weeks. Still aggravating to have a bike apart waiting for this.

The third part has also missed promised dates 3 times.

Two of these situations are becoming mildly critical, although since the bike in question is apart in my own shop, I don't have to pay someone else to put it together and take it apart again when the parts eventually do come.

If these suppliers would stick with their promised-by dates, none of this would be so aggravating. None of these are the fault of the shops that the parts are on order through. It's the suppliers that are jerking them around.
    Canada's distributers can be a pain to deal with but they are a business out to make money just like the rest of us.
    They'll only stock what their past records show or indicate they can sell cause stock they can't turn over quickly is money on a shelf.
    So when a shop has to order from them and they have to order from their supplier/manufacturer all they can really do is pass on dates
    given to them just as a shop passes on dates given to them and so on and so on. Again I do think they can be a pain sometimes
    but in their defence they are just part of a chain that gets stuff into consumers hands.

I'm sure that Thibault's promise date of the Aug. 30th was just them relaying a promise made to them by their supplier. So who's really to blame here?
    Kawasaki's promise might be a little different cause it's all in house but still sorta the same. Kawi Japan tells Kawi Canada, you'll have it Sept 7th, Kawi Canada tells Dealership Sept 7th and they tell you. Who's to blame?

Just wanted to point out that's it's not always (hardly ever really) cut and dry.
    STIG 3.0

Tony's been a perfect gentleman and has been beyond fair in taking care of problems.

Oomis' story portrayed Tony in a way that was totally inconsistent with my own experience & you knew that there had to be more to it.

And of course there was.
    * It's about safety, stupid.

I have torn apart bikes before having replacement parts in hand-And can tell you 1st hand that it's asking for trouble.
    When you do,always be prepared to put it back together with the orig parts if and until the ordered stuff actually does come.
    Oomis, you are luckier than most of us-at least you have another bike in cases like this to fall back on.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

I have bought a few things from tony over the last while (almost 2 years now). 99% of the time everything worked out perfectly. When things go wrong though Tony ALWAYS does what he can to correct the situation. Tony has helped me out in ways that if requested from other shops I would have been told to take a hike. As you can clearly see from his posts that he is well spoken and indeed a gentleman.

Wow so it really is true, Tony Blue is human!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Wow so it really is true, Tony Blue is human!
    i never dealt with this gentleman.
    but i also don't see were oomis post belittled bsr

not according to some of the posts, he is beyond human
    Last edited by lucky2; 09-10-2010 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky2 View Post
    i never dealt with this gentleman.
    but i also don't see were oomis post belittled bsr

not according to some of the posts, he is beyond human
    I'm not slagging anyone. And if this accurate report of events, as Tony says they are, results in me &^^%tting the bed with a retailer, so be it. I have lots of other choices as to where I buy stuff from.

And in case it wasn't clear, I take total responsibility for the timeframe, and give Tony full credit for really trying to make things work out in the end. He went farther than I would expect most retailers to go. Which is why in all my dealings with him I was gentlemanly and civil and understanding. It's why after the first mistake I chose to do business with him again. It's why I probably would have continued to do business with him, even after this - I saw what he tried to do in terms of making it right.

But when I hear a retailer say "I'm not responsible for making sure the order I ship out to you is accurately filled" that's frankly not good enough.

And this is where BSR and I have agreed to disagree.

I've no interest in slandering Tony's character, or frankly discouraging other people from doing business with him. But this is my experience with him, and it is what it is.
    Past: 03 Suzuki Volusia, 03 Kawasaki Nomad 1500, 06 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 98 Suzuki TL1000R.
    Present: 1982 Yamaha Seca 750, 08 Yamaha FZ1, 04 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom

Cela est bien dit, mais il faut cultiver notre jardin. Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    I am not giving out any advice. I am just mocking you.
    P.S. Your spelling is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by oomis View Post
    I'm not slagging anyone. ....

But when I hear a retailer say "I'm not responsible for making sure the order I ship out to you is accurately filled" that's frankly not good enough.

And this is where BSR and I have agreed to disagree.

I've no interest in slandering Tony's character, or frankly discouraging other people from doing business with him. But this is my experience with him, and it is what it is.
    But you are slagging Tony and discouraging people from doing business with him. How else to interpret all this? And you're quoting something that he didn't say.

Now what exactly do you think Tony should have done to make you happy after all the errors were discovered? Were you looking for money and if so how much? It's not at all clear to me.

Quote Originally Posted by johnp View Post
    But you are slagging Tony and discouraging people from doing business with him. How else to interpret all this? And you're quoting something that he didn't say.

Now what exactly do you think Tony should have done to make you happy after all the errors were discovered? Were you looking for money and if so how much? It's not at all clear to me.

+ 1

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecanuk View Post
    Oomis I agree with you 100% that it is my contract and my responsibility to make sure you get the parts you ordered. I have never said otherwise and your suggestion that you won't get them is unfounded. Whether I get them from the same distributor or another is my responsibility and it will be done. What I can not take responsibility for is that only half the kit was shipped and didn't reach you in time to do the work when you wanted. I apologised to you at the time and I do so again on this board although there was absolutely nothing I could do to change the situation.
    I disagree with you about my response. I did in fact offer to compensate you on a future order. I would still do this if it helped you feel any better.
    You sir, could give lessons in ethics and deportment. I have to admit that I've never really paid much attention to BSR, (-I've been happy shopping at the places I currently visit/surf), but after reading this thread I wouldn't hesitate to deal with your company in the future. In fact, I'm going to visit your site right now...

I fail to see how Oomis is doing anything wrong, he has the right to give his feedback about a place whether it be good or bad, he's not directly discouraging people from shopping with Tony just telling his story. I love seeing stories like this come up, now Tony knows he has a minor problem that he can work on, on the plus side all the post made by Oomis clearly state that BSR has been fantastic when it comes to trying to resolve the issue. The packaging slip from the distributor likely says 1 of 2 boxes, Tony or whomever likely didn't notice that, in the end the blame for the 2 boxes not arriving to the customer can fall on no one else but BSR. Granted it's a super easy mistake to make (I used to work parts ). Tony's been clear that he will get the other box and ship it to Oomis asap. For those talking about money, I don't think it's got anything to do with that, the guy just wants the parts he paid for.

Man you guys like to get all worked up over shims
    SOAR Novice #113

^

I've got no problem with feedback - it's the accuracy of the feedback and the intent of the feedback. How can someone say that Tony is not taking responsibility for an order and at the same time say that he's not slagging Tony? So if he WAS slagging Tony how different would the story be?

Are we really to believe that Tony said what was in quotes?

And what exactly does Oomis want from Tony? Did Tony ever say he was not going to deliver the shims?

I have had personal experience with BSR that is totally at odds with what's being represented here. I know when I'm being played.

^

I've got no problem with feedback - it's the accuracy of the feedback and the intent of the feedback. How can someone say that Tony is not taking responsibility for an order and at the same time say that he's not slagging Tony? So if he WAS slagging Tony how different would the story be?

Are we really to believe that Tony said what was in quotes?

And what exactly does Oomis want from Tony? Did Tony ever say he was not going to deliver the shims?

I have had personal experience with BSR that is totally at odds with what's being represented here. I know when I'm being played.
    I too have had personal (extremely positive) experience with BSR that is probably even beyond what you may have had or seen. I'm a big BSR fan and will use them whenever I can. But the bottom line is this; we are on a review forum. As much as I don't like seeing BSR being portrayed in a bad light, and as much as I can imagine Tony really feels bad about this (for a multitude of reasons), Oomis is entitled to state his opinion. He has stated it in an objective manner. It's often stated that there are three sides to every story. Being a fan of BSR doesn't necessarily mean Oomis is public enemy #1. Let's not treat him a such. The more Oomis is poked the more personal, and less objective, he may become. And I can empathise.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    I fail to see how Oomis is doing anything wrong, he has the right to give his feedback about a place whether it be good or bad, he's not directly discouraging people from shopping with Tony just telling his story. I love seeing stories like this come up, now Tony knows he has a minor problem that he can work on, on the plus side all the post made by Oomis clearly state that BSR has been fantastic when it comes to trying to resolve the issue. The packaging slip from the distributor likely says 1 of 2 boxes, Tony or whomever likely didn't notice that, in the end the blame for the 2 boxes not arriving to the customer can fall on no one else but BSR. Granted it's a super easy mistake to make (I used to work parts ). Tony's been clear that he will get the other box and ship it to Oomis asap. For those talking about money, I don't think it's got anything to do with that, the guy just wants the parts he paid for.

Man you guys like to get all worked up over shims

Well said, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery254 View Post
    .... Oomis is entitled to state his opinion. He has stated it in an objective manner. It's often stated that there are three sides to every story. Being a fan of BSR doesn't necessarily mean Oomis is public enemy #1. Let's not treat him a such. The more Oomis is poked the more personal, and less objective, he may become. And I can empathise.
    [1] I never said that Oomis is not entitled to his opinion. I disagreed with it.
    [2] How do you know that Oomis was stating things in 'an objective manner.' What's your evidence?
    [3] Why is it OK for Oomis to say things about others, but it's not OK to say things about Oomis? Does he have some kind of special status that BRSR doesn't have?

edit p.s. I still would like to know what it is that BSR SHOULD have done after the shipment errors to avoid the bad review.
    Last edited by johnp; 09-12-2010 at 01:51 PM.

[1] I never said that Oomis is not entitled to his opinion. I disagreed with it.
    [2] How do you know that Oomis was stating things in 'an objective manner.' What's your evidence?
    [3] Why is it OK for Oomis to say things about others, but it's not OK to say things about Oomis? Does he have some kind of special status that BRSR doesn't have?

edit p.s. I still would like to know what it is that BSR SHOULD have done after the shipment errors to avoid the bad review.
    Sooo, they should just eliminate the review section then unless it is all positive. Rightttt.

Congrats to Tony from BSR.

He gets all this extra free advertising and exposure as a result of this thread constantly bumped to the top.

He handled this situation like a champ in most peoples eyes including mine.

Keep up the good work Tony.

I'm a satisfied customer too.

GTA-M. Your best bang for the entertainment buck.
    What feels better than banking a motorcycle over into a corner?