Pick the proper track day group - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pick the proper track day group

Re: Pick the propper track day group

Quote Originally Posted by Metastable View Post
    Last thing I need is some dude trying to catch a draft while I'm hitting the brakes.
    I think that's the second time this point has been brought up. I agree that getting run into by faster riders is a risk, but it's still a track day. Racers are there to practice too, but hasn't it always been the following rider's responsibility to be safe? I mean, it's a track day, not a race practice day. The rear-ending scenario could happen if you have a pro superbike racer and a pro SV racer riding together in advanced. The following rider has to be sensible about chasing.
    -Dave
    2003 SV650S track bike, 2001 CBR929RR street bike

It's one thing to know what group to sign up for and respect the rules given, but the conduct of others is out of your control. That's why I think how a day goes always comes down to the quality of the organizer and how much emphasis they place on safety. It's already been established here there are some poor organizers out there, and there are some very good ones. It's completely in your control as a rider to decide which organizer you will ride with and that for starters will dictate how your day is likely to go. Like wise, the general ability of a group may differ between organizers or the track as each can attract different levels of riders. If you are ever unsure of what group to sign up for, speak to the organizer. They are in the best position to assist in your decision.

Pro6 takes rider safety very seriously at all of their days and in all of their groups. I have never had an issue with another rider at a Pro6 day that wasn't quickly resolved. Also in general, repeat Pro6 riders are very well aware of what is practically a culture of safety at their events and are very good at self maintaining that. There is absolutely no reason for people to feel safe only in green or red, and accept yellow as a bunch of jack ***** beating up on slower riders.

If there is a problem with a rider being too slow for a group, or a rider that is being a jack ***, take it up with the organizer. It is in their control to do something about it, either move the rider down (or assign an instructor to offer help), or warn them that their conduct may result in them leaving early. It will be appreciated. Some times not every thing can be seen, and if no one speaks up, it can only be assumed things are going fine. Crashes mess with every one's day regardless of what group you're in, and no one likes to see another rider get hurt.
    Last edited by Blackie; 09-09-2010 at 01:45 PM.
    BUY MY BIKE!
    2007 Honda CRF 150R Big Wheel Supermoto with dirt wheels, $3600

Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt. - William Shakespare

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    I’m of the same opinion, never doing a track day with that particular organization again, on track marshals are supposed to be punting people off for behavior like that.

Not only are they not doing their job trying to maintain the safety of others they are setting a tone for other riders, both on and off the track.
    Totally agree, and try saying something to the guy, major ego clown.

Big fish little pond syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Metastable View Post
    That just made you sound older than Franz!
    Nobody's older than me
    "I think you'll like Mat Mladin--if he's on your side. If he's not on your side--you don't like Mat Mladin." - Bob Hanna
    http://www.goloracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    You seriously think that repeating the same thing several times will give it new meaning?

I know what I wrote but you still haven't said what's wrong with it. Try answering that question. Only once is needed.

this calls for a death race.
    For sale, 2007 Aprilia SXV 450 Supermoto
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...prilia-sxv-450

I’m of the same opinion, never doing a track day with that particular organization again, on track marshals are supposed to be punting people off for behavior like that.

Not only are they not doing their job trying to maintain the safety of others they are setting a tone for other riders, both on and off the track.
    Quote Originally Posted by corbo View Post
    Totally agree, and try saying something to the guy, major ego clown.

Big fish little pond syndrome
    I can't count on two hands the riders I know personally that won't ride with them.

Their niche market IMO is mostly those riders who are somewhat new to track and don't know any better. The people i know who have been places and seen things can see them for what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    I can't count on two hands the riders I know personally that won't ride with them.

Their niche market IMO is mostly those riders who are somewhat new to track and don't know any better. The people i know who have been places and seen things can see them for what they are.
    Yeah, they attract the weekend warrior types. The guys in intermediate that are reckless and seem to enjoy stuffing people and running wide, every single time. haha...
    -Dave
    2003 SV650S track bike, 2001 CBR929RR street bike

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post

Anyone care to share who we are talking about here; so I don't make the mistake of booking a track day with... them!
    thanks

PM sent

This thread is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by kamenrider View Post
    +1. I know some guys just ride like an idiot to get his lap time improve ... making up time by going crazy at straight and slamming brake/diving in turn without proper skill to make it ... in the end, those guys are danger to all other riders. Learn proper skills and learn how to enjoy trackday first, then if not enough, get a lap timer and enter actual race.

Regarding the crazy straight line speeds....couldn't agree with you more....it's tough when you're on a 600 or a lesser bike and a 1000 blows by you....then parks it in the corner....very dangerous for all!!

Oh for jeebus sake, you're at a race track, not a kiddy park. Man up and ride. Realize that there are risks in the sport of effing SUPERBIKE riding and get on with it, or go park your bike and leave it for the rest of us.

I'm more worried about things like the number of marshals on track to let me know if I need to be more cautious and the proximity of the ambulance in case something happens.

As for picking your group, simple rule: don't enter the red group unless you can comfortably ride in a corner with another bike beside you. The end.

Now go ride and stop whining, K?
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (Street, Many mods)
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (AM SuperBike)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (CDN SuperBike)
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F
    http://www.kingstonriders.org/

Quote Originally Posted by spinto View Post
    Regarding the crazy straight line speeds....couldn't agree with you more....it's tough when you're on a 600 or a lesser bike and a 1000 blows by you....then parks it in the corner....very dangerous for all!!
    Exactly! That's why I don't think it's all about lap times. I was riding a 750 this year (big mistake) and I knew I was one of the slower intermediate riders, therefore...I wouldn't blast on the straights, I'd let the faster riders pass me.

Whne I was in beginner, I couldn't stand the R1 guys that booked it in the straights...so frustrating, especially since there is no passing anywhere OTHER than the straights.
    *~Maggie~*

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
    Oh for jeebus sake, you're at a race track, not a kiddy park. Man up and ride. Realize that there are risks in the sport of effing SUPERBIKE riding and get on with it, or go park your bike and leave it for the rest of us.

I'm more worried about things like the number of marshals on track to let me know if I need to be more cautious and the proximity of the ambulance in case something happens.

As for picking your group, simple rule: don't enter the red group unless you can comfortably ride in a corner with another bike beside you. The end.

++1

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha_Gurl View Post
    Exactly! That's why I don't think it's all about lap times. I was riding a 750 this year (big mistake) and I knew I was one of the slower intermediate riders, therefore...I wouldn't blast on the straights, I'd let the faster riders pass me.

Whne I was in beginner, I couldn't stand the R1 guys that booked it in the straights...so frustrating, especially since there is no passing anywhere OTHER than the straights.

So...Shannonville long track.....let's say you're a rider that wants to be in the RED group doing a 2:30 lap time.....when the majority of the RED group riders are turning 2:00 down to 1:55.....how is that safe for the faster guys??.....they'd run right into the back of you!!

So...Shannonville long track.....let's say you're a rider that wants to be in the RED group doing a 2:30 lap time.....when the majority of the RED group riders are turning 2:00 down to 1:55.....how is that safe for the faster guys??.....they'd run right into the back of you!!
    Do the faster guys have eyes? Can they pass? FFS
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F

Your cool with some clutching a wheelie and looping it wasting a big portion of the day?

Or drafting pass, cutting in front and hammering the brakes?

Or how about someone chopping your front tire so your on the ground and he rides away?

All at a track day?

Do the faster guys have eyes? Can they pass? FFS

Slower riders will change their lines since they are not carrying as much speed....which could end up in a mid corner or corner exit collision....and of course the faster guys can see....but the slower guy in front can't....the lap times in the red group are generally faster.....and the organizers know that if there is a slower rider, regardless of how they feel about being passed, will not allow them to remain in the group. Red group riders will complain the slower rider will be moved down.

Your cool with some clutching a wheelie and looping it wasting a big portion of the day?

Or drafting pass, cutting in front and hammering the brakes?

Or how about someone chopping your front tire so your on the ground and he rides away?

All at a track day?
    I guess I could just stay at home. This kind of stuff doesn't happen there. And I'm pretty sure that nobody intentionally does those thing either, unless someone really hates you...
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F

If they run into you they probably shouldn't on track...
    2011 R.A.C.E. Middleweight Twins Champion
    www.bulletmotoracing.com
    Thanks to: Motovan, Durham Top Quality Collision, Hindle exhausts, OGK Kabuto Helmets, Vortex Racing, Impact Safe-T-Armor, Suzuki of Newmarket and Orion Motorsports