Toronto Sun: looking for contacts for a motorcycle feature - Page 14

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Toronto Sun: looking for contacts for a motorcycle feature

Re: Toronto Sun: looking for contacts for a motorcycle feature

I never said that if you had a helmet on you are immune to prosecution. Nice way to try and twist something simple.

For them to apply the HTA to you they need to stop you, and no officer I know will write a ticket if you have your helmet on as he cannot positively id you from your crap drivers license photo. If he did that it's a slam dunk that you will have the charges waived as he never saw your face.

As to having a witness the tow truck driver (If they do not wish to testify then they should not come to pick up your impounded vehicle) who hauls your wheels away can testify that you had that particular helmet in your possession at the given time and place, that way they would be able to prove beyond reasonable doubt that you were the rider in question, and the police video evidence would be corroborated by an independent witness.

Quote Originally Posted by dankyyz View Post
    Cool point. That basically means that people who have helmets on are immune to prosecution in such a case.

Is that what you are suggesting?

According to the article, I should be dead. Been riding since 16.

How am I still alive? Wooosh.
    "They are spending $1.2bn on a gabfest on how to get government spending under control.
    The irony seems lost on them."
    - About the G20

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish. – Anonymous

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Squadz View Post

Be patient, you're not out of the woods yet.

Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    Be patient, you're not out of the woods yet.
    All I am going to say is wow
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

It's not shocking to see people that are completely incompetent in their work field. We have ex-doctors pouring coffee at Tim's and ex Tim's employees writing articles about matters they have absolutely no clue about.
    Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ZX600 View Post
    All I am going to say is wow
    There's a reason why insurance rates don't drop significantly until you're 25, and even then certain drivers/riders with certain driving/riding styles still won't be out of the woods yet.

I think too many people have head trauma....they should make a rule/law where we all have to wear helmets when outside...crap might as well make it compulsory to wear inside your house also...we'll hire helmet cops to make sure you all conform.
    Maybe a graduated system where you go from a full blown race car helmet to a hockey helmet then to a bicycle helmet...if you pass all the appropiate tests of course and had no accidents....we'll call it...ummm....liberal thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kool View Post
    I think too many people have head trauma....they should make a rule/law where we all have to wear helmets when outside...crap might as well make it compulsory to wear inside your house also...we'll hire helmet cops to make sure you all conform.
    Maybe a graduated system where you go from a full blown race car helmet to a hockey helmet then to a bicycle helmet...if you pass all the appropiate tests of course and had no accidents....we'll call it...ummm....liberal thinking.
    See, I have a different opinion. Instead of airbags there should be 3" spikes sticking out of your steering wheel. Then see if everyone follows the 2 second rule of thumb.
    2010 Street Triple R
    2007 ZZR600

Quote Originally Posted by Squadz View Post

Same here

I've been riding since 17. My first bike was a 600. I guess i'm superman or something

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    Street racing on bikes isn't really that popular. Your typical attendee of hooligan runs will put more miles in a year than a self-proclaimed street racer will in his riding career. Hell, even your typical stunter, who never leaves a parking lot will put on more miles than your typical "street racer." While there are plenty of squids who find going fast in a straight line interesting, most of the "delinquent" riders will hit the twisties at high speeds or stunt on public roads.
    Exactly what I was thinking, can't say as I know of a single soul who does it on motorcycles, past or present, though in the past there was a number who did it with cars on back rural roads. Hitting the twisties and stunting however, that's different and even that isn't as prevalent as it once was. They obviously must be playing too much "Road Rash", having a bit of trouble distinguishing virtual reality from reality..

For what it's worth, the Toronto Sun has corrected their online article, and apparently (according to note on FB) there will be a printed correction published tomorrow. Knowing Goldie, I believe the new corrected version more accurately reflects the actual events.

I had 3 idiots in 3 minutes today. First one, minivan turning right at a red light into the direction that I was going (straight thru on the green) made the turn without stopping and without looking ... I knew this, because I kept an eye on the driver's head through the side window, and he never even bothered to look if there was cross traffic. Had I been a Brampton Transit bus, he would have been creamed. Second one, I stopped in a left turn lane to turn into a plaza - and I stopped there, because there were two cars approaching that had to pass before I could make the left turn. Idiot woman driver coming out of the plaza went straight out towards me, horn blaring, forcing the cross traffic to stop. (What the heck was I supposed to do ... make the turn, directly in front of the cross traffic??) Third one was a Peel Region cop that ran straight through a red light. No lights, no siren.

And if Turbodish or any of the other cop defenders doubt the veracity of the last one, I have the intersection where this happened and I can find out the time within a few minutes, although I don't have the car number or license number.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    For what it's worth, the Toronto Sun has corrected their online article, and apparently (according to note on FB) there will be a printed correction published tomorrow. Knowing Goldie, I believe the new corrected version more accurately reflects the actual events.

I had 3 idiots in 3 minutes today. First one, minivan turning right at a red light into the direction that I was going (straight thru on the green) made the turn without stopping and without looking ... I knew this, because I kept an eye on the driver's head through the side window, and he never even bothered to look if there was cross traffic. Had I been a Brampton Transit bus, he would have been creamed. Second one, I stopped in a left turn lane to turn into a plaza - and I stopped there, because there were two cars approaching that had to pass before I could make the left turn. Idiot woman driver coming out of the plaza went straight out towards me, horn blaring, forcing the cross traffic to stop. (What the heck was I supposed to do ... make the turn, directly in front of the cross traffic??) Third one was a Peel Region cop that ran straight through a red light. No lights, no siren.

And if Turbodish or any of the other cop defenders doubt the veracity of the last one, I have the intersection where this happened and I can find out the time within a few minutes, although I don't have the car number or license number.
    I trust your credibility one this one, I know you're a stand up guy.

I also had a peel cop miss his green advance light, holding up everybody behind him because he was playing on his computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Araqiels View Post
    I trust your credibility one this one, I know you're a stand up guy.

I also had a peel cop miss his green advance light, holding up everybody behind him because he was playing on his computer.
    I have pictures of TPS riding their Harley's on the sidewalk. Which reminds me... I need to file a complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post
    but with a head on collision there is no one person hitting the other, they hit each other. there was no t-bone for one to hit the other. Not sure why you can't let that go, the article isn't factual, you expect it to have the correct semantics on whom hit whom?
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...59#post1405259

Goldie says it herself: "He T-Boned me."

Quote Originally Posted by smuggin View Post

despite what anyone may say.......
    Front end - meet front end = head on
    Last edited by Paul; 09-15-2010 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggin View Post

Sorry, but you've been deemed an enemy of the state^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H motorcyclists everywhere, and nothing you say/do will be good enough.

Just letting you know.

In body: Hamilton... In spirit, Switzerland!

Quote Originally Posted by tigster View Post
    It's not shocking to see people that are completely incompetent in their work field. We have ex-doctors pouring coffee at Tim's and ex Tim's employees writing articles about matters they have absolutely no clue about.
    Welcome to the real world.

Ric Flair often said, "To be the Man, you gotta beat the Man! WHOooooo!"

Nowadays, to be the 'Man', you have to know a Man, or otherwise be hooked up.
    Last edited by Andreas; 09-15-2010 at 12:08 AM.
    "Izz dangerous..... Izz dangerous not only you... but... all deh fackeen idiot who ride deh car" - Rossi, FASTER